Welcome to Gaia! ::

The government should issue stimulus checks to all of us, once a month, to the tune of about a thousand. Things will be real nice if everyone has money.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I really hope you're a troll or like, ten. Because if not, sweet Jesus
My Dog Mr. Kitty
I really hope you're a troll or like, ten. Because if not, sweet Jesus

No, I think we should try it. I really want a massive social upheaval from everyone being okay.

Garbage

far_river_arms_section_vi
I really want a massive social upheaval from everyone being okay.
Honestly that is probably (most of) what would happen if I had an extra thousand dollars a month. It would just over double my income. I'd be able to pay off what remains of my credit card debt, start seeing a regular therapist, help my husband with the household bills, cover groceries on my own all the time so that he could put more of his money to the household bills... and I'd be able to buy more gifts for more people, or offer more aid to people who still need help despite the extra grand.

So yeah... if I had an extra thousand dollars a month, most of it really would go towards "everyone being okay."
Cassidy Peterson
I really want a massive social upheaval from everyone being okay.
Honestly that is probably (most of) what would happen if I had an extra thousand dollars a month. It would just over double my income. I'd be able to pay off what remains of my credit card debt, start seeing a regular therapist, help my husband with the household bills, cover groceries on my own all the time so that he could put more of his money to the household bills... and I'd be able to buy more gifts for more people, or offer more aid to people who still need help despite the extra grand.

So yeah... if I had an extra thousand dollars a month, most of it really would go towards "everyone being okay."

I'm by no means joking. This is a serious thing. I think I've done it. I think I've found the answer. It's simple. Just, help, everyone. All at once, or it won't work, but, once everyone's okay?

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Sounds good to me. Bring it on!

User Image

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The government should issue stimulus checks to all of us, once a month, to the tune of about a thousand. Things will be real nice if everyone has money.

This is actually what Australia did to beat the recession.

Back in 2006 there was a stimulus package that gave $300 to every taxpayer in america, it had a profound effect in moving the economy, aside from all the scammers that took advantage of idiots who nearly gave their money away without thinking.

If the U.S. government simply gave people a $1000 check, we would have an economy going places.
not everyone deserves free stuff, and my tax dollars shouldn't go to those people.
you wanna give 1k to a person who sits on their a** all day and does nothing but smoke weed? sure, but that's out of your pocket buddy. rolleyes

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Free treasure? I be in favor o' such a thin'

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
The primary question would be 'from where'.
If they cut from some other source ********, it wouldn't be the worst thing we tried lately.
cruhk
not everyone deserves free stuff, and my tax dollars shouldn't go to those people.
you wanna give 1k to a person who sits on their a** all day and does nothing but smoke weed? sure, but that's out of your pocket buddy. rolleyes

I'd rather give it even to that pot smoker than some useless government program like ketchup speed flow testing or s**t like that. At least the pot smoker might actually buy s**t in the economy like Oreos.
Hell Rides With GSK
cruhk

I'd rather give it even to that pot smoker than some useless government program like ketchup speed flow testing or s**t like that. At least the pot smoker might actually buy s**t in the economy like Oreos.

i'd rather my money go towards real testing for cures and such, i understand you don't like ketchup and ive personally never heard of studies on it but i still don't believe the government should be handing out free money, it already provides section8, healthcare, foodstamps and other things that help people out rather than giving them a check saying "you can buy whatever you want" instead of them actually earning that income.
would you rather our government provide more jobs for people or just hand out money to people?
cruhk
Hell Rides With GSK
cruhk

i'd rather my money go towards real testing for cures and such, i understand you don't like ketchup and ive personally never heard of studies on it but i still don't believe the government should be handing out free money, it already provides section8, healthcare, foodstamps and other things that help people out rather than giving them a check saying "you can buy whatever you want" instead of them actually earning that income.
would you rather our government provide more jobs for people or just hand out money to people?

Given a choice, I'd rather have it go for infrastructure improvement considering the sorry state it's in. Get these ******** roads and bridges actually fixed. Not only do we get things up to basic ******** standards in the s**t around us, but we also provide at least some temporary work. Again, I'm simply saying giving it to Bill the Pothead wouldn't be the worst way we've spent money is all.
Hell Rides With GSK
cruhk
Hell Rides With GSK
cruhk

Given a choice, I'd rather have it go for infrastructure improvement considering the sorry state it's in. Get these ******** roads and bridges actually fixed. Not only do we get things up to basic ******** standards in the s**t around us, but we also provide at least some temporary work. Again, I'm simply saying giving it to Bill the Pothead wouldn't be the worst way we've spent money is all.

yes but like you just said, using that money to help improve our country would be better than just giving out more and more money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff