Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Well, we cover the extremely needy, the injured, the poor, and the old, so I'd say we're doing alright.

Sucks the middle class bears most of the burden but the rich bear some, it's how it goes.
Suicidesoldier#1
Well, we cover the extremely needy, the injured, the poor, and the old, so I'd say we're doing alright.

Sucks the middle class bears most of the burden but the rich bear some, it's how it goes.

I certainly am not doing alright. I'm taking meds that I can't pay out of pocket for and if I don't take the meds I could very well die. What is worse is if I make "too much" money ("too much" meaning anything as low as minimum wage for an extended period of time), I get cut off from my health plan. As I told Joe on the other page, it's not as easy to find a job even when you have an education to back you up with. I'm at the point where I'm looking for jobs at places like Starbucks that offer full benefits to part time and full time employees. I won't be making what I went to school to make, but I have to make a choice to either keep living or make money.

Fanatical Zealot

Fearherloveher
Suicidesoldier#1

I certainly am not doing alright. I'm taking meds that I can't pay out of pocket for and if I don't take the meds I could very well die. What is worse is if I make "too much" money ("too much" meaning anything as low as minimum wage for an extended period of time), I get cut off from my health plan. As I told Joe on the other page, it's not as easy to find a job even when you have an education to back you up with. I'm at the point where I'm looking for jobs at places like Starbucks that offer full benefits to part time and full time employees. I won't be making what I went to school to make, but I have to make a choice to either keep living or make money.

Which is pretty terrible, since the poverty line is a little low.

Also pretty terrible that the middle class and whatnot have to bear the burden. ._.

It's not perfect, and I hope that the new healthcare plan can help a little.

Greedy Raider

I currently live in Michigan where the health care representatives can't tell the difference between the number 19 and 22. My health care almost got cut because someone misread my ID and put my age as 22, thus cutting my health care until I made one very confused and upset phone call and they actually--*gasp*--double-checked something!

So yeah, I think we could use improvement in the system, because if I hadn't read the little line saying "Your health care has been cut due to the fact you're no longer under 21" at the bottom of the notice saying my case had been closed, then I would've never known it was a goof-up in teh systemz.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Trigr Warning
The Affordable Health care Act would've helped, before it got declawed.

It's still going to help, just not as much.

it wasn't declawed, it was neutered by the Democrats so they could point across the isle and blame Republicans for the act.

and it's only gonna "help," in the sense that it's now a crime to not buy health insurance. those who could not afford it before will be unable to afford it now.
from blue to
I could agree the government needs to get more efficient, but I don't think it should be providing health care to everyone (least of all doing so using the corrupt crony capitalist system as the delivery method). Really I don't think the government should be doing anything that requires that it force people to give it money to fund it. Taxation is theft -- nothing built on theft is good.

Taxation is not theft, it is the price you pay to live in society.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nope. Nope nope nope.

Okay, let me explain. I work at a hospital, and this is a really bad deal for us.

Right now, as it is, Medicaid/Medicare isn't paying hospitals. They're literally millions of dollars behind in payments. And hospitals have to accept Medicaid/Medicare patients or they lose their status. And then because of this healthcare act, there's going to be thousands (maybe millions, I haven't looked up the exact numbers) more people on Medicare/Medicaid. Okay. So what's going to happen is that hospitals are going to stop admitting people that can take care of themselves, but could benefit from hospital care, and instead, they'll be sent to daily clinics, or home health. Like someone with a diabetic foot ulcer would be sent to a daily wound clinic, when really, they would benefit from the around the clock hospital monitoring. And hospitals are going to start charging for every single little thing, like bandages, IV pumps, scalpels, all the little stuff that isn't currently charged.

What I'm saying is, if Medicare/Medicaid was paying their bills and keeping up, sure. This would be a good deal. But they're not. And it's going to bring down a lot of small hospitals.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff