Welcome to Gaia! ::

Junnov
tuspel
Junnov
tuspel
Junnov
I don't think parents should kill their disabled children.

But they'll never get better. I mean, why let my child sit there suffering with a disability when I can just mercy kill him instead. He's never getting better. It's better to kill him off so he's not miserable anymore. It's an act of compassion that I kill him. That's what you said.
Lol. I meant someone who is going to die because of their illness. Like if someone has Cancer and doctors believe they will not recover from it. So yes. It is an act of compassion instead of making them face a painful death.

I don't think there is anything wrong with child who has disabilities, so there is no "getting better". They aren't sick.

Some disabilities are terminal. So I should kill my child instead of letting him enjoy what little life he has. The most compassionate thing to do is to kill my dying child instead of letting him experience his short life to the fullest. Just killing him is a much easier answer. I mean, terminally ill people are a burden on society anyway. That's why we're trying so hard to pass a law so that we can just kill them, isn't it? I mean, think of all the money we spend on healthcare with these people with illnesses that may kill them, wouldn't it just be easier to kill them right away and save everyone the struggle.
Like, my brother has pancreatic cancer. That's a 99.9% death chance right there. I don't want to waste 5 years taking care of him while he dies. I'm sure my government doesn't want to spend money treating his most likely incurable disease. I should just kill him now and get it over with. It's the compassionate thing to do.
"Sorry bro. You're going to die anyway, there's no point trying. I don't want to be burdened by having to take care of you. I have better things to do and spend my money on. I think it'll be less painful for both of us if I just kill you now. I am such a compassionate sister by killing you painlessly."

It's up to the person not who is sick. If they are able to make the decision they can. I don't have an opinion on children.

This is a place where people can have opinions. I said mine. You said yours. Be done with it. You don't have to agree with me, so stop arguing with me, and getting nasty.
There is a difference between debating and arguing. You need to learn the difference.

I think people should be allowed to kill themselves if they feel they are sick enough.
I am done with you. You can have your OPINION, and I can have mine smile

Well, he was fine. You know, like, "I'm just going to take this one step at a time." But with all this euthanasia stuff being spewed in his face, now he's like, "Maybe I should kill myself now and save you all the struggle."
My brother wants to die because he doesn't want to burden the family with his illness, not because he is in pain.
So maybe next time, instead of telling someone who's dying that it is compassionate to kill them, maybe tell them they're still human and are still worth something other than dying with "dignity".
Just because people are terminally ill, doesn't mean they don't still deserve basic human respect.
It sucks enough to be dependent on other people. It sucks more to feel like a burden and that suicide is the best option for everyone around you.
Being pro-euthanasia is being an ableist. It is because we are too cheap and lazy to take care of our own kind that we would rather kill them and justify it by saying it's "compassionate" than to take care of our own family members.
I would take care of my brother over mercy killing him anyway. Killing him is the easy way out. Life isn't meant to be easy.
Vita Divina
tuspel
Vita Divina
tuspel
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
I completely understand why we as humans would want this as an option. As a vet assistant working in a clinic, I've been a few euthanasia's, last week I even had an extremely hard time not breaking now into an emotional wreck during one. If we can offer this option to our pets, why not to ourselves? If someone if in extreme pain, completely immobile and has no will or reason to keep on living, and if they are of sound mind to make the decision themselves, I don't see why not. It's like when someone is taken off of life support, it essentially a form of euthanasia.

We eat animals, why not eat humans as well?

Are you implying we humans have more of a right to live than any other species?

No, I'm saying take care of your own before others.
You don't see wolves giving equal treatment to humans as other wolves.
A bear would kill a human if he posed risk to the cub. Likewise, a human would kill a bear if it posed risk to his child. That's how it works. No one's going to be,"Oh no, the bear has my baby, but humans and animals are equal, so I'm just going to do nothing while the bear eats my baby."

You do realize that some animals have fostered human babies. Yes it's rare but it does happen. And of course, the wolves are fond of those they've spent their lives with. If a human raised them they would most likely protect that human from other wolves. And the ******** do you think a mothers job is? To protect its baby at all cost. Do you think that if it was a human who had that ladies baby that she would say " humans are equal, so I'm just going to do nothing while the human eats my baby." So that makes that entire point moot. And yes I agree, lets take care of our own and end their needless suffering if they do so request.

So why I don't I go eating humans then. It's all meat, isn't it? I mean, it doesn't really matter where it comes from.
I mean, a wolf taking in a human as a pet means no animals would eat us.
Humans get attacked by animals for food in the wild commonly enough considering we don't live there anymore.
I care more about other humans than animals.
That's why we test drugs on animals, because it's cruel to do that to your own kind.
tuspel
Vita Divina
tuspel
Vita Divina
tuspel
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
I completely understand why we as humans would want this as an option. As a vet assistant working in a clinic, I've been a few euthanasia's, last week I even had an extremely hard time not breaking now into an emotional wreck during one. If we can offer this option to our pets, why not to ourselves? If someone if in extreme pain, completely immobile and has no will or reason to keep on living, and if they are of sound mind to make the decision themselves, I don't see why not. It's like when someone is taken off of life support, it essentially a form of euthanasia.

A bear would kill a human if he posed risk to the cub. Likewise, a human would kill a bear if it posed risk to his child. That's how it works. No one's going to be,"Oh no, the bear has my baby, but humans and animals are equal, so I'm just going to do nothing while the bear eats my baby."

You do realize that some animals have fostered human babies. Yes it's rare but it does happen. And of course, the wolves are fond of those they've spent their lives with. If a human raised them they would most likely protect that human from other wolves. And the ******** do you think a mothers job is? To protect its baby at all cost. Do you think that if it was a human who had that ladies baby that she would say " humans are equal, so I'm just going to do nothing while the human eats my baby." So that makes that entire point moot. And yes I agree, lets take care of our own and end their needless suffering if they do so request.

So why I don't I go eating humans then. It's all meat, isn't it? I mean, it doesn't really matter where it comes from.

I mean, a wolf taking in a human as a pet means no animals would eat us

Humans get attacked by animals for food in the wild commonly enough considering we don't live there anymore.

That's why we test drugs on animals, because it's cruel to do that to your own kind.

You can eat humans if you want, although you will have to face the legal consequences.

Are you so ignorant that you think other species have never raised human children?

Yes, its called eating. You understand they have to correct?

You have that right.

Do you understand morality is subjective? I view it as cruel to test on other species as well, at least humans can consent. Also are you under the impression humans are not animals?
Vita Divina
tuspel
Vita Divina
tuspel
Vita Divina

You can eat humans if you want, although you will have to face the legal consequences.

Are you so ignorant that you think other species have never raised human children?

You have that right.

Do you understand morality is subjective? I view it as cruel to test on other species as well, at least humans can consent. Also are you under the impression humans are not animals?

Legal consequences? You know if you eat a human brain, you can get Kreutzfeld-Jakob. That's human Mad Cow. The whole reason Mad Cow started was because they were rendering the brains of slaughtered cows and feeding it to the other cows.
Ignorant? I know it happens. Likewise, we humans have pets. And we will treat out dogs better than some squirrel on the street. Also, most humans will feel significantly more guilty if they accidentally kill a dog with their car than a squirrel. Because when we take a pet, they are now one of our own. Likewise, when a wolf takes in a human as its own, it is now part of the wolf family. But those wolves are still going to go out hunting deer and aren't going to give a s**t if some other random human gets eaten by a bear.

I would care much more if my annoying neighbour who plays loud music til 5 in the morning got killed by a bus than if the squirrel that lives in the tree outside my window did.
I care about my fellow humans more than I care about animals.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
tuspel
Fallen-Pottery-Angel

I hear long pork is quite delicious. Just don't eat the brain, or you can get Mad Cow.

I think you completely missed the point I was trying to convey.
tuspel
Vita Divina
tuspel
Vita Divina
tuspel
Vita Divina

You have that right.

Legal consequences? You know if you eat a human brain, you can get Kreutzfeld-Jakob. That's human Mad Cow. The whole reason Mad Cow started was because they were rendering the brains of slaughtered cows and feeding it to the other cows.
Ignorant? I know it happens. Likewise, we humans have pets. And we will treat out dogs better than some squirrel on the street. Also, most humans will feel significantly more guilty if they accidentally kill a dog with their car than a squirrel. Because when we take a pet, they are now one of our own. Likewise, when a wolf takes in a human as its own, it is now part of the wolf family. But those wolves are still going to go out hunting deer and aren't going to give a s**t if some other random human gets eaten by a bear.

I would care much more if my annoying neighbour who plays loud music til 5 in the morning got killed by a bus than if the squirrel that lives in the tree outside my window did.
I care about my fellow humans more than I care about animals.

Yes, I know about the mad cow disease and what happens when cannibals eat human brains, spinal tissue, and a few other parts. I understand we treat those we are fond of better than others, I do to. And yes those wolves are not fond of those deer and they need to eat.

And yes that is how you are, we all view the world differently. It just sounded as though you were stating your opinion as fact but I understand what you meant now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff