Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Elder

Well now I feel bad, because my first thought was ******** Eastern Europe. Which was quickly followed by Kosovo.

Leadfooted Phantom

It's hard to generalize all of Eastern Europe considering the many cultures it includes but...

In my experience, warm people. All the stereotypes about certain Eastern European people being cold or hostile stem, it seems, from the fact that people don't make an effort to understand them or connect with them. They tend to be more reserved than Americans in the sense that you have to actually get to know them before they open up and welcome you into their lives, but once they do they are generally kind, hospitable, honest, and proud (in a good way).

That's just a really broad impression based on my experience with a variety of Eastern European people. To say any more I'd have to be more specific to one country or culture.

I also think of everything I've learned about the history of the region, and the food, but when I think of Eastern Europe generally I think first of the people.

Saint Bloodsucker

Go to the cachtice castle and Draculas castle.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
scotland ireland sweden danish lol, plains.

Scotland and ierland?

In Eastern Europe?

*Rages*

MAP..LOOK AT ONE!

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Cold, ice, snow... Russians. sweatdrop

User Image

Mega Noob

From Praha to Bucuresti, it is a beautiful, yet very dangerous land. A land of constant shortage; forgoing their own wealth in order to supply the west with cheap labor. We should all be thankful. Thank the next Ukrainian trafficking victim you meet in your travels.
Hey it may be strange but actually there's something right in each post here. I started the thread since I'm actually from Bulgaria and I was curious what the mainstream has left as impression; I did it kinda like a survey.

And I left it at a just general idea since I don't wanna start any fight-provoking debates and hate and stuff, we've had enough of that over here. "Iron Curtains" and s**t.. yeah.

I'm kinda proud, you know. I don't like a lot of things but one is certain - life is hard but as I've always been - it gives you an extra thought on everything and makes you value stuff people to the West or America would take as granted. And, mind you, I hold no hate or envy towards such cultures which I'd supposedly diss "because omg they have their lives so much easier".. I know that ain't true. I may live in a concrete block of flats but hey, what the hell. Life's hard everywhere in its own way.

Greedy Consumer

Haha Coffee
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Scotland and ierland?

In Eastern Europe?

*Rages*

MAP..LOOK AT ONE!
well i know its to the east of asia so thats good enough for me XD
This makes me think of Eastern Europe:

http://www.thecoolist.com/abandoned-yugoslavian-monuments-by-jan-kempenaers/

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Reveler

They are usually pretty good wrestlers and martial artists.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
When I think of Eastern Europe, I think of the old Soviet bloc.

Cheong_Unnie's Significant Otter

Familiar Trader

7,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Large. not so much crowded cities, full of history. Then as you get more into the country, more and more "living" history becomes apparent.

Ferocious Browser

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Haha Coffee
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Scotland and ierland?

In Eastern Europe?

*Rages*

MAP..LOOK AT ONE!
well i know its to the east of asia so thats good enough for me XD

Europe is to the east of Asia? burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers