Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

You can do this with literally any news site. Do you think there is any news organization, more so, do you think there is any person alive today that is without bias?

If i felt like it and if you really feel it to be that necessary to get this simple concept across, I could find hundreds of liberal articles misrepresenting the news, as well as I'm willing to admit there are easily hundreds of conservative misrepresentation. This is more of a sign that the world is run by people than it is that the people of one political leaning are any more or less trustworthy.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thank goodness there are alternatives to crappy "news" stations. cheese_whine

soa kain's Husband

Aged Genius

hell I dont trust any news. when you get paid to get viewers you report less and less of the truth. no one side is infallible or correct
so to remain neutrally biased you should really include all wrong with the news XD
Divine_Malevolence
Riviera de la Mancha
Eh, Fox is no more or less news than most sources these days.

I'd still count them as news, which lets you know the overall state of news reporting to me.

That's what people get when they want to liberalize reporting and continue feeding sensationalism journalists.
And that, my friends, is what?

Correct. False equivalence.
Sure, most news isn't exactly good, but when it comes straight down to it, most news organizations are at least worthy of the title.
As opposed to glorified propaganda bubble.

I'd say most news organizations don't meet up to traditional standards, in part because what is considered "news" is much broader. Add the sheer number and ease at which someone can be considered a news organization, and you get a whole lot of news reporting which is a fair amount of puff pieces written by people who don't see their role as a critical one.

Your choice though as to how you see things.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
This be why I get me news from John Oliva'. It be comedic and more informative 'bout goin' ons in th' world than most otha' news shows, and he only has one show a week er so

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
*coughgurblegubblecough* "Journalistic integrity." emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items