Welcome to Gaia! ::

My teacher, young and class-admired Mr. Turner of History had us write what we think are some of the major issues affecting the United States.

One kid brings up homosexuality and of course that caused a riot. My teacher agreed that Homosexuality was, in fact, an issue.

I raised my hand, stood up, and blurted: Homosexuality doesn't affect you whatsoever. It's not going to kill you if two guys get married.

He replies to me, "well yes, it will. Now shut up and sit down."

My teacher told me to shut up and sit down, and that unless I was going to say something important, I could take me and my girlfreind Leslie to a room. Leslie is not my girlfriend.

Now of course it's not going to be widely known in my school that I'm bi, but I am going to fight here. I'm not going to let him discriminate people like me just because he can't empathise. Much less, tell me to take my ******** BUDDY in to a room.

Any uproaring opinions here? was it right for my teacher to do that?

Now let me make it clear, I am aware he's entitled to his opinion, and I respect his right to say what's on his mind, but it's wrong for him to make a statement probably making the class ridicule me more than it already does.

Discuss.
Homosexuality is and will remain and issue as long as people disagree with it.
Well, maybe you shouldn't have said something without raising your hand. The teachers over here get pissed if you don't raise you hand.

However, if you have come to Gaia to post your teacher to be the object of ridicule and hatred...well, nice work. He deserves it. 3nodding
feepo freak
One kid brings up homosexuality and of course that caused a riot. My teacher agreed that Homosexuality was, in fact, an issue.

I raised my hand, stood up, and blurted: Homosexuality doesn't affect you whatsoever. It's not going to kill you if two guys get married.

My teacher told me to shut up and sit down, and that unless I was going to say something important, I could take me and my girlfreind Leslie to a room. Leslie is not my girlfriend.

Which it is. Something does not need to kill anyone for it to be an issue. Marriage as an institution is heavily integrated into our laws. Changing the seemingly minor variable of allowing gays to marry would literally shake the foundation of our country if done without serious thought. That's not to say that there shouldn't be progress made to ensure that homosexuals have rights, but it is to say that it shouldn't just 'magically happen' as many homosexuals seem to demand.

If your teacher did in fact make a sexual remark towards you and this girl who is not your girlfriend, he needs to be reported to your principle. While he has every right to chastice you for speaking out of turn, humiliation is not a tactic he has the right to do so and sexual remarks are doubly so. He showed extremely poor taste and needs to be reported. That is, if he actually did say that, which you'll have to forgive me for believing otherwise.
Was it right? No. Did he have the right to do that? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

This reminds me of a time when I was in Debate class (foolish me, taking that class). This is a public school. We were doing Student Congress, and debating a bill on gay marriage. It was literally me and another girl against about 15 other kid and the teacher. The teacher gets up and starts drawing on the board. She draws a stick figure man and a stick figure woman. Then she draws a circle. "This is man, this is woman, and the circle is God," she says. "God is in their relationship." She then draws two stick figure men and crosses the circle out. "God is not in their relationship." The other girl and I repeatedly state you can't base a law on that, and we're ignored. The teacher tells us to shut up and sit down. Everyone does. The girl and I sit side-by-side and quietly discuss what just happened. The teacher comes over to us and tells us she doesn't want us talking about that. We shrug and she goes away, and we continue talking about it. She hears us again and tells us to "SHUT UP," she told us not to talk about that.

Now, I would have taken that to the principal, but through my efforts to start a gay-straight alliance, I already knew what his position would be. I couldn't go to the superintended either, because he had said (in response to the GSA) "gays bring down the morals of the community." And taking it any higher than that over something so small would have been pointless. But, I pushed it as far as I can, and I guess if we're up against that much opposition, that's all we can do, right?
wow...thats pretty ******** up...will telling the principal or something help? or is he/she homophobic too? ughh...what a b*****d crying

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Sethimothy
feepo freak

Which it is. Something does not need to kill anyone for it to be an issue. Marriage as an institution is heavily integrated into our laws. Changing the seemingly minor variable of allowing gays to marry would literally shake the foundation of our country if done without serious thought. That's not to say that there shouldn't be progress made to ensure that homosexuals have rights, but it is to say that it shouldn't just 'magically happen' as many homosexuals seem to demand.

If your teacher did in fact make a sexual remark towards you and this girl who is not your girlfriend, he needs to be reported to your principle. While he has every right to chastice you for speaking out of turn, humiliation is not a tactic he has the right to do so and sexual remarks are doubly so. He showed extremely poor taste and needs to be reported. That is, if he actually did say that, which you'll have to forgive me for believing otherwise.

oh, yes... changing marriage into something where two people of the same gender can marry is so radical and earthshaking... nevermind that for several centuries the Christian church did do homosexual marrages and two of the MALE saints were married to eachother...
The teacher was trying to defuse a tense situation before it began.
I know how it feels, being discriminated against.

Being of christian upbringing, I find alot of anti-christian discrimination on gaia.
People saying all sorts of crap against christians
Then I retort
They always bring up some s**t like "well christianity is the most popular religion in the states, so I can bash it all I want"
I remind the ******** that I'm Canadian, and that the internet doesn't stop at the US Border.
Yes, maybe you should've raised your hand. Besides, who cares. All you want is some attention, just like any other homosexual who makes a thread about this topic. Seriously. Any homosexual who makes a thread wanting sympathy because they are criticized for being "gay," should die. When life gives you lemons, DON'T MAKE THREADS ABOUT IT.

Now, supposedly, their is a conflict between gays and straights. Not all of them, but the ignorants straights, that is. Just like slavery, it will eventually come to pass.

Their. I'm done. Flame away. stare
Hmm... your teachers sound like bible-thumping Christians. I'm sorry, but Christianity is just... startin to take over. Next thing you know The President will want to amend the Constitution and make Christianity the national religion. It's sickening. Times like this when I wish John Kerry was our President...
OokamiBlue
oh, yes... changing marriage into something where two people of the same gender can marry is so radical and earthshaking... nevermind that for several centuries the Christian church did do homosexual marrages and two of the MALE saints were married to eachother...

Really? As someone who grew up around many Catholic friends I was widely unaware of that. Being someone who as of recent spends a lot of time with ********' FLUFFBUNNIES, however, your statement has come to my attention. Since no one can bring any hard proof to my table that homosexual marriage were ever accepted by any church in the history of man, with argueably the exception of the Roman and Greek empire, I have to dismiss your statement.

What you are stating is radical. Yes, throughout history there have been incedents of homosexual relationships, and at times those relationships were even accepted by the general public. However, any form of legal or religously blessed 'marriage' with homosexuals has been very rare to non existant. Excuse me for taking a realistic and educated stance on the issue and not just arguing what I feel. I'm so horrid.
feepo freak
Discuss.

Okay, what he said to you was wrong. You could talk to someone higher up like a councellor or someone. He has no right to call you a lesbian because you support homosexuality/gay marriage. He shouldn't even care what your sexual preference is. He's your teacher. And even if he was trying to 'defuse a tense situation' that's not the proper way to go about it. Isn't it some kind of abuse to tell you to take your girlfriend into another room? Especially when she's not your girlfriend? Gah talk to the principal.
Mikoania-chan
Hmm... your teachers sound like bible-thumping Christians. I'm sorry, but Christianity is just... startin to take over. Next thing you know The President will want to amend the Constitution and make Christianity the national religion. It's sickening. Times like this when I wish John Kerry was our President...

Not that it will ever happen, but first it would have to pass through Congress, which it would be rejected. That is the good thing about not having a single person as president. Technically, their is, but he really cant do s**t but smile in front of the camera, look like a monkey, and do what he's told.
Your right my friend! Homosexuality will NOT kill you! I respect everybody and what they do. Some people go over the top (Peterson, Whitney Houston, etc) and some people just lay low. Marriage is always a good thing. I don't mind seeing people happy. If people would stop fighting over stupid things we might have peace in life.
Gracie101
Your right my friend! Homosexuality will NOT kill you!

Since something has to kill you to be an issue, I'm in favor of rape. All in favor of rape, please raise your hand. Remember - it won't kill you, and The Christian Church (during which era, I don't know, but it's always valid if you just say 'The Christian Church' and no one will ask... Christianity has ALWAYS been the same throughout the ages) actually used to encourage rape at one time! Plus, you're ignorant if you don't believe in rape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff