Hilarious Prophet

Fire 0ak
Jacque De Molay
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

By all means.

I am misogynistic and do not like feminists at all, however I used to think the opposite. Now you know my view points, logically speaking, it's irrational to attack someone's character over a valid argument. For example if I were to say "All women are sluts", that is a generalization. If I were to say "You are a slut", that is an attack on the character. I love using sly words in major arguments to really set people off.
I can be sly but it rarely helps me in arguments around here. I'm mostly interested in understanding or convincing. But I know when it's a losing struggle, or stalemate. If I've learned to argue better. It's a victory of sorts. I really think men and women need to come to a mutual and honest respect though before things can really improve toward true equality.

The problems between men and women is held in one word in your post.

Equality.

I can go for days on this subject and piss everyone off, but I'm stoned, I want a cigarette, and my body is sore from moving heavy furniture all weekend....and I'd rather be your friend on a good sight than a bad one.
Fair enough, maybe to be continued? Take care man. smile
I don't understand why feminists I've come across use contrived notions of masculinity as their measuring stick of self-worth. Wanting to be equal to men is a waste of time. men aren't all that great so there is no need to feel inferior.

I dont think they feel inferior. I think they just want to have all the same choices before them that anyone has. I think modern society is very successful in achieving quality. No doubt, there will be nay sayers but that's just part of transitioning from social states. Still, I think its important we can't forget along the way that equality for one means equality for all.
I really don't think that there is much to complain about unless you're in Saudi Arabia or living under a command economy. People should want to be themselves and not measure themselves by how they percieve another to be worth. America had this battle in the 20th century and equal rights won. Being better is admiral while being equal is contemptible.
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms
dont generalize all men lol.

That is the thing about feminism...they don't want to generalize all men either. Men have to play a certain role that can make them feel guilt or stressed with so much power they have. They are required to be strong, the bread winner, macho man, intelligent, capable...so many things.

Women are underestimated in their capabilities. Many girls are forced to have so many images of what they should look like...similar to men.

Both genders can suffer from their roles in society...but both genders experience different expectations...same stress level.
They don't? Every time a person calling themselves feminist talks about men i hear "male privilege" here, "rapist" there, "sexism" everywhere ...
It's always the same ******** thing.

Edit: at least the "male privilege" is usually aimed at everyone, though some go out of their way to explain that not all men are rapists or sexist.
x_DivineDesire_x
There are a lot of myths about feminism...and I have only one on my mind right now. I admit that I could have believed in this myth; however, after reading more into it for a class ...

The first myth I want to bring to light is...

Quote:
Myth:
All feminists are pro-abortion.

Wrong. Not all feminists are pro-abortion. It depends on their moral beliefs.

I saw a topic that basically generalized all feminists to be pro-abortion.

I am sure there are many other things people assume a feminist to be. I cannot say I am annoyed because that would make me feel like I was being unfair... since I didn't know this before.

Anyways...I just used wiki to give you the definition of feminism.

Feminism-is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women.

Notice the word here they used is defining?
Personally I believe they don't have to define it...as defining it may lead to problems...like there is now with a huge amount of people misunderstand feminism.

I doubt there are very many people, regardless of whether they call themselves feminists or not, who are pro-abortion since that would mean they think each and every pregnancy should be terminated, thus effectively killing off the human race within a few generations.
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms

That is the thing about feminism...they don't want to generalize all men either. Men have to play a certain role that can make them feel guilt or stressed with so much power they have. They are required to be strong, the bread winner, macho man, intelligent, capable...so many things.

Women are underestimated in their capabilities. Many girls are forced to have so many images of what they should look like...similar to men.

Both genders can suffer from their roles in society...but both genders experience different expectations...same stress level.

So.. you're saying men aren't generalized and then in the very next sentences you do exactly that?
x_DivineDesire_x
IronySandwich
Is anyone pro-abortion?

Many believe that abortions should be legal, but that's not the same as liking it.

Now, while I'm sure there are many women who think that we should return to the days where women were brood-mares and abortions happened in back-alleys with coat hangers, it's rather difficult to call them feminists.

It's rather like a "feminist" who doesn't think that women should be able to vote.

A feminist who believes in pro-life and voting rights is entirely different from women who are pro-abortion/pro-choice and believe in voting rights.

Comparing voting rights to abortion is like comparing morals to civil rights.

I don't see how anyone could call their self a feminist yet want to restrict women's rights. That is an oxymoron.
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms

If the stress level is the same and is not a generalization, wouldnt it be true that everyone would then have stress based on genetic rather than environmental markers? Which is actually not true lol.
But yeah thats just a technicality. I guess. But I dont veiw this topic as extended because its more of a lecture, which was why I had my bland repetitive possibly ironic statement at the ready.

Think about it. Women have surgery for cosmetic reasons...they grow up being attacked by the media that they aren't pretty enough or whatever. Then they are looked down on by society for giving up their virginity...called "whores" "sluts" while men are call "players"? Also if they ever got pregnant they are attack by people for whatever reason they choose/don't choose.

As you know...men have always been the person of the family to bring money-food etc.

You totally missed the point there. You claimed they have the SAME stress levels and now you're saying they don't.

You are also generalizing men. Stop it if you don't want to be generalized as well.
chainmailleman
Wait a minute, my thread get's yanked after I actually cited an outside source and provided it with a link and this bullshit is still up after 2 pages? I think the Mods here are Feminazis.

That's because your thread was a hate-filled, misogynistic, all women are evil, filthy whores rant and little else.
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Wait a minute, my thread get's yanked after I actually cited an outside source and provided it with a link and this bullshit is still up after 2 pages? I think the Mods here are Feminazis.

Sorry to hear that. : / How do you feel about the OP? I'm curious what you have to say about it.

It's easy to generalize when feminism has a general goal.

I guess it covers a lot of ground. I would have to agree but I can understand some of the frustration that might come from people assuming a person has a specific ideology, when in reality, that is only a fraction of a person's viewpoint.
Also, i like your sig quote, mind if i add you to my friendlist? smile

If you'd actually seen his thread (unless you are a misogynist who thinks all women are filthy whores) you wouldn't be so complimentary towards the misogynist.
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

Sorry to hear that. : / How do you feel about the OP? I'm curious what you have to say about it.

It's easy to generalize when feminism has a general goal.

I guess it covers a lot of ground. I would have to agree but I can understand some of the frustration that might come from people assuming a person has a specific ideology, when in reality, that is only a fraction of a person's viewpoint.
Also, i like your sig quote, mind if i add you to my friendlist? smile

By all means.

I am misogynistic and do not like feminists at all, however I used to think the opposite. Now you know my view points, logically speaking, it's irrational to attack someone's character over a valid argument. For example if I were to say "All women are sluts", that is a generalization. If I were to say "You are a slut", that is an attack on the character. I love using sly words in major arguments to really set people off.

Nice, you've just admitted to deliberately violating the ToS, which isn't very bright.
x_DivineDesire_x
[...]

Feminism-is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women.

Personally I believe they don't have to define it...as defining it may lead to problems...like there is now with a huge amount of people misunderstand feminism.

Yes the idea that Feminism is a big church and we just can't debate you all.

Here's the problem, if literally feminism has such broad undefinable meaning, then it effectively isn't really a thing and your not a "feminism."

I say judge feminism by what it produces. Not be the alleged beliefs of some of the people who claim the title.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
The20
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms

They don't? Every time a person calling themselves feminist talks about men i hear "male privilege" here, "rapist" there, "sexism" everywhere ...

Edit: at least the "male privilege" is usually aimed at everyone, though some go out of their way to explain that not all men are rapists or sexist.

I didn't say they were all. I think feminists who point fingers and blame everything on men have a huge misunderstanding.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Mika Talanis
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms

If the stress level is the same and is not a generalization, wouldnt it be true that everyone would then have stress based on genetic rather than environmental markers? Which is actually not true lol.
But yeah thats just a technicality. I guess. But I dont veiw this topic as extended because its more of a lecture, which was why I had my bland repetitive possibly ironic statement at the ready.

Think about it. Women have surgery for cosmetic reasons...they grow up being attacked by the media that they aren't pretty enough or whatever. Then they are looked down on by society for giving up their virginity...called "whores" "sluts" while men are call "players"? Also if they ever got pregnant they are attack by people for whatever reason they choose/don't choose.

As you know...men have always been the person of the family to bring money-food etc.

You totally missed the point there. You claimed they have the SAME stress levels and now you're saying they don't.

You are also generalizing men. Stop it if you don't want to be generalized as well.

Let me reword in a different way...

same stress level- different reasons
x_DivineDesire_x
The20
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms

I didn't say they were all. I think feminists who point fingers and blame everything on men have a huge misunderstanding.

Alright, yes not every self described feminist see's everyone with a p***s as a rape machine/mobile oppression device, however a lot of feminists who have power seem to be closer to that line of thinking then not having that line of thinking.

Perhaps you don't subscribe to that belief, but the ones that subscribe to some form of it hold professorships, run activist organizations, lobby congress, run NGO's, inform policy decisions, help craft laws.....

Sure YOU don't buy into it, but may I submit for your consideration the idea that YOUR not a feminist and they are? If there is no common set of beliefs then honestly feminism is a meaningless word.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Mika Talanis
x_DivineDesire_x
There are a lot of myths about feminism...and I have only one on my mind right now. I admit that I could have believed in this myth; however, after reading more into it for a class ...

The first myth I want to bring to light is...

Quote:
Myth:
All feminists are pro-abortion.

Wrong. Not all feminists are pro-abortion. It depends on their moral beliefs.

I saw a topic that basically generalized all feminists to be pro-abortion.

I am sure there are many other things people assume a feminist to be. I cannot say I am annoyed because that would make me feel like I was being unfair... since I didn't know this before.

Anyways...I just used wiki to give you the definition of feminism.

I doubt there are very many people, regardless of whether they call themselves feminists or not, who are pro-abortion since that would mean they think each and every pregnancy should be terminated, thus effectively killing off the human race within a few generations.

You would be surprised who would rather every woman who doesn't want a baby have a abortion rather than leave it for adoption.

**edit- pro-abortion and pro-choice is the same thing.
pro-abortion "I want a abortion."
pro-choice "I want a choice."

pro-choice is like a cowardly euphemism.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Jessi Danger
x_DivineDesire_x
The20
x_DivineDesire_x
We Are Organisms

Alright, yes not every self described feminist see's everyone with a p***s as a rape machine/mobile oppression device, however a lot of feminists who have power seem to be closer to that line of thinking then not having that line of thinking.

Perhaps you don't subscribe to that belief, but the ones that subscribe to some form of it hold professorships, run activist organizations, lobby congress, run NGO's, inform policy decisions, help craft laws.....

Sure YOU don't buy into it, but may I submit for your consideration the idea that YOUR not a feminist and they are? If there is no common set of beliefs then honestly feminism is a meaningless word.

I believe I am considered a feminist. I don't think I should say I "am" feminist however.

This are question I think best helped me understand if I could be a "feminist".

Do you think that in some way our society is a patriarchy?
Do you believe existentialism can explain why we live in a patriarchy society? why?

I don't think feminists is a meaningless word. It is a misunderstood one.

For example... a lot of words/things don't have a common set of beliefs like normal/polite/awkward etc

Its like where infinity amount of numbers are between two whole numbers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff