Welcome to Gaia! ::

x_DivineDesire_x

Quote:
Myth:
All feminists are pro-abortion.

Wrong. Not all feminists are pro-abortion.

True. However, it is extremely difficult, maybe impossible, for a feminist to be anti-choice.

Buggy Mage

I assume there are many types of feminists in the world. Stereotypes just aren't a good reference-point for anything. Most of all, a person's political association.
I could understand the frustration.
It reminds me of the Liberal/Conservative political scale. I often get the impression that the average person could not or would not process the fact that some people claim various philosophies that fall under both Conservative and Liberal Labels. It's like some just cant see the Shades in between.
Often shades of grey to me, seem like the most reasonable approach to complex issues.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wait a minute, my thread get's yanked after I actually cited an outside source and provided it with a link and this bullshit is still up after 2 pages? I think the Mods here are Feminazis.

Buggy Mage

chainmailleman
Wait a minute, my thread get's yanked after I actually cited an outside source and provided it with a link and this bullshit is still up after 2 pages? I think the Mods here are Feminazis.

Sorry to hear that. : / How do you feel about the OP? I'm curious what you have to say about it.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

Sorry to hear that. : / How do you feel about the OP? I'm curious what you have to say about it.

It's easy to generalize when feminism has a general goal.

Buggy Mage

chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

I guess it covers a lot of ground. I would have to agree but I can understand some of the frustration that might come from people assuming a person has a specific ideology, when in reality, that is only a fraction of a person's viewpoint.
Also, i like your sig quote, mind if i add you to my friendlist? smile

Hilarious Prophet

Equal to men? I really don't understand why anybody on earth would want that when men are expected to live up to whatever marketing scheme is declared masculinity.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

I guess it covers a lot of ground. I would have to agree but I can understand some of the frustration that might come from people assuming a person has a specific ideology, when in reality, that is only a fraction of a person's viewpoint.

By all means.

I am misogynistic and do not like feminists at all, however I used to think the opposite. Now you know my view points, logically speaking, it's irrational to attack someone's character over a valid argument. For example if I were to say "All women are sluts", that is a generalization. If I were to say "You are a slut", that is an attack on the character. I love using sly words in major arguments to really set people off.

Buggy Mage

chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

By all means.

I am misogynistic and do not like feminists at all, however I used to think the opposite. Now you know my view points, logically speaking, it's irrational to attack someone's character over a valid argument. For example if I were to say "All women are sluts", that is a generalization. If I were to say "You are a slut", that is an attack on the character. I love using sly words in major arguments to really set people off.
I can be sly but it rarely helps me in arguments around here. I'm mostly interested in understanding or convincing. But I know when it's a losing struggle, or stalemate. If I've learned to argue better. It's a victory of sorts. I really think men and women need to come to a mutual and honest respect though before things can really improve toward true equality.
x_DivineDesire_x

Quote:
Myth:

Pro-abortion? As in all pregnancies should be aborted?
Good luck finding a feminist that believes in enforced surgery!

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

By all means.

I can be sly but it rarely helps me in arguments around here. I'm mostly interested in understanding or convincing. But I know when it's a losing struggle, or stalemate. If I've learned to argue better. It's a victory of sorts. I really think men and women need to come to a mutual and honest respect though before things can really improve toward true equality.

The problems between men and women is held in one word in your post.

Equality.

I can go for days on this subject and piss everyone off, but I'm stoned, I want a cigarette, and my body is sore from moving heavy furniture all weekend....and I'd rather be your friend on a good sight than a bad one.

Buggy Mage

chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

By all means.

Equality.

I can go for days on this subject and piss everyone off, but I'm stoned, I want a cigarette, and my body is sore from moving heavy furniture all weekend....and I'd rather be your friend on a good sight than a bad one.
Fair enough, maybe to be continued? Take care man. smile

Buggy Mage

forever_fears
x_DivineDesire_x

Quote:
Myth:

Pro-abortion? As in all pregnancies should be aborted?
Good luck finding a feminist that believes in enforced surgery!

Ikr? Seems highly unlikely. I don't know how people come to conclusions that feminists are always pro abortion. Pro-choice is definitely a more accurately descriptive term for the circumstance.

Hilarious Prophet

Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

By all means.

Equality.

I don't understand why feminists I've come across use contrived notions of masculinity as their measuring stick of self-worth. Wanting to be equal to men is a waste of time because men aren't all that great so there is no need to feel inferior.

Buggy Mage

Jacque De Molay
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman
Fire 0ak
chainmailleman

By all means.

Equality.

I don't understand why feminists I've come across use contrived notions of masculinity as their measuring stick of self-worth. Wanting to be equal to men is a waste of time. men aren't all that great so there is no need to feel inferior.

I dont think they feel inferior. I think they just want to have all the same choices before them that anyone has. I think modern society is very successful in achieving quality. No doubt, there will be nay sayers but that's just part of transitioning from social states. Still, I think its important we can't forget along the way that equality for one means equality for all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff