Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
i S o m m e r
“'It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting."

What the ********...?

Nearly every house I've ever lived in has had carpeting. The way my mom's talking, wood flooring is a luxury. She sees the wood flooring on my sister's place, and wants that.

Even if the opposite is true - every house comes a certain way, I know - the thought that, "Oh, we were so poor that we had to glue samples together" just says to me, "I couldn't handle the floor the way it is with dreams of getting it done a certain way, I'm too privileged for that. Make a carpeted floor out of those scraps, my feet must walk on something plush!"

Lacey Queen of the World
Romney is from the ruling bloodline, the same impurity which bore Barack Obama, The Bushes, and the House of Windsor. None of your votes matter, because the so-called Electoral college( really the Illumnati) will choose a person of the Impure Bloodline. What Ann Romney says is unimportant. fpr she and every 1st lady are a puppet of the Annunaki!

Which part of Obama's family is part of this "ruling bloodline," exactly?

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Xiam
Lacey Queen of the World
Romney is from the ruling bloodline, the same impurity which bore Barack Obama, The Bushes, and the House of Windsor. None of your votes matter, because the so-called Electoral college( really the Illumnati) will choose a person of the Impure Bloodline. What Ann Romney says is unimportant. fpr she and every 1st lady are a puppet of the Annunaki!

This is gonna sound racist, but it's the first thing that came to my mind, mainly because I'm on a Disney kick right now...

The part from Kenya, obviously. He's the Lion King!

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

Ok eating pasta frequently I can see them doing being poor. But the tuna bit? I hope they weren't eating tuna as frequently as pasta.
It might explain...some things.
Xiam
i S o m m e r

Lacey Queen of the World

His mother's, obviously! His ancestry can be tracked back to the kings of old

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Gotta love politicians. They just love to be the bastards that they are.

As for Ann Romney, she has no idea what she's talking about just like every other wanna-be "First Lady". They're just saying crap just to try and impress us, which to be honest, isn't working for me.

It's stupid and repeatable. If you want to fix this country so damn bad, then do it. Don't preach it.

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
Romney and his wife need to stop acting like they can relate to normal people.

Blessed Prophet

Mitt Romney is terrible at relating to the common US citizen. Plus he's a hypocrite on so many issues that it's pathetic.

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King." (Romney's campaign later admitted that they didn't march on the same day, or in the same city) (1)

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life." (Romney's campaign later said he'd been hunting twice, once when he was 15, and once in 2006 at a Republican fundraiser (1)

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." –Mitt Romney, using an unfortunate choice of words while advocating for consumer choice in health insurance plans (January 2012) (2)

"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there." —Mitt Romney (January 2012) (2)

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.(2)

"Is $100,000 middle income?" -George Stephanopoulos
"No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less." -Mitt Romney, ABC's "Good Morning America," Sept. 14, 2012 (2)

"He [Obama] says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people." —Mitt Romney at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa, June 8, 2012 (2)

"I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them. No, no. They came from the local 7/11 bakery, or whatever." —Mitt Romney, visiting a local bakery while campaigning in Pittsburgh, PA, April 17, 2012 (The owner of the baker later told MSNBC he was offended by Romney's remarks.) (2)

"I'm running for office for Pete's sake, we can't have illegals" –Mitt Romney, recalling his reaction when he learned that there were illegal aliens working the ground on his property, employed by a firm that he subsequently fired (October 2011) (2)

"I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was." —Mitt Romney (May 17, 2012) (2)

Source(1)

Source (2)

I know that this is Prez Hilton's site but I found this interesting.

This man seems to have no idea what he's doing.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Athena_flora
Mitt Romney is terrible at relating to the common US citizen. Plus he's a hypocrite on so many issues that it's pathetic.

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King." (Romney's campaign later admitted that they didn't march on the same day, or in the same city) (1)

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life." (Romney's campaign later said he'd been hunting twice, once when he was 15, and once in 2006 at a Republican fundraiser (1)

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." –Mitt Romney, using an unfortunate choice of words while advocating for consumer choice in health insurance plans (January 2012) (2)

"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there." —Mitt Romney (January 2012) (2)

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.(2)

"Is $100,000 middle income?" -George Stephanopoulos
"No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less." -Mitt Romney, ABC's "Good Morning America," Sept. 14, 2012 (2)

"He [Obama] says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people." —Mitt Romney at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa, June 8, 2012 (2)

"I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them. No, no. They came from the local 7/11 bakery, or whatever." —Mitt Romney, visiting a local bakery while campaigning in Pittsburgh, PA, April 17, 2012 (The owner of the baker later told MSNBC he was offended by Romney's remarks.) (2)

"I'm running for office for Pete's sake, we can't have illegals" –Mitt Romney, recalling his reaction when he learned that there were illegal aliens working the ground on his property, employed by a firm that he subsequently fired (October 2011) (2)

"I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was." —Mitt Romney (May 17, 2012) (2)

Source(1)

Source (2)

I know that this is Prez Hilton's site but I found this interesting.

This man seems to have no idea what he's doing.

Oooooh, My head hurts. >__<

Quotable Prophet

Yeah, sorry, but someone who thinks "middle class" means making $200-250k just can't relate to me.
Haven't read through all of these replies yet, But I only expected this thread to maybe get two pages.

I'm really glad you guys are recognizing this, It does show that they are privileged. (And liars)
And are trying far too hard to act like they're not.
I don't mind that you're billionaires. But now I see you and I can never relate.
Ego sum Alucinatio
I don't find it insulting. I find it humorous.
I'm going to be a welfare boy soon, and I'm going to apply for food stamps. I work hard, but I can't get enough hours at my job... And even if I worked forty a week, I'd still be unable to move out and feed myself. Her life is nothing like mine, and so she will never understand. From her perspective, though, she does understand, and that's fine. Someone should just nicely explain she doesn't understand the fear of starvation, or homelessness. I can't afford the gas to go to stores to pick up carpet samples. I also can't afford the cost of carpet samples.

Honestly, at first I laughed my a** off as well. It's humorous for a stand up kind of thing.
But oh my god... she's ******** serious. It just gave me the idea that we are so very far apart, a kind of fear set over.
so you would say the same thing for Obama who has his every needs payed for right? Was she married to Mitt at the time? What do you know she might be telling the truth about it.
MinnieMay
so you would say the same thing for Obama who has his every needs payed for right? Was she married to Mitt at the time? What do you know she might be telling the truth about it.

Obama doesn't try to fake being like the rest of us, and selling stocks, with wealthy parents, and being poor? No. And yes she was with Romney. Did you read the post?
Did anyone see Ann Coulter's appearance on The View, where she tried to convince Whoopi Goldberg that she didn't know what it was like to be black?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff