Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

x-Garethp-x
I don't understand Americans and their hunting. Why would they do that? What kind of sick twisted b*****d makes a sport of killing things? Who takes pleasure out of that? AND WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL???

For ******** sake...

It's really the reason I don't hunt, and don't like hunting in general. But most people do it for the sport, and "the hunt", not so much to kill.

When they do kill it's to cull the herd, or for food, usually. Humans have interfered so much with nature they have to clean up.

It's sad because lots of hunters enjoy nature, like the animals, respect them even, and then kill them because it's what must be done.

It's sad and horrific, but it's the best way to go about things.

No worse than being a doctor who has to deal with injured people all the time.

Sucks, and you never really get used to it, and you never really can deal with it, but you keep going because you're doing more good than harm.
x-Garethp-x
I don't understand Americans and their hunting. Why would they do that? What kind of sick twisted b*****d makes a sport of killing things? Who takes pleasure out of that? AND WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL???

For ******** sake...

It IS perfectly normal. Do you think humans are some perfect moral creature? Killing is a part of our nature, our history and is an instinct. Same goes for almost every other organism in existence.

Ruthless Strawberry

zosh
desertpunk

And Before I'm told that I am a heartless killer I love animals to. I think nature is beautiful..when I see a deer I go 'Ooh pretty' then my second thought is usually 'tasty'.

One thing that soooo many people do not realize is that it's is NOT the "vegan hippie tree huggers" but the "rednecks living out in the sticks" that are the greatest benefit of our ecosystems. From Buffalo ranches to turkey coops and wolf breeders, THEY are the ones restoring our wildlife

Yup, I'm in farming and a lot of sheep ranchers use our fields to graze their flocks. We also own five sheep at the moment we did have 7 and three huge pigs but we slaughtered them and wow...our butcher said our pigs were amazingly buff and lean with less fat then he usually see's.

Dangerous Capitalist

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
zosh
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

To prevent 1 and a half million collisions with them on the highways. You obviously know nothing of hunting, it's not sick or twisted. It's life. I guess it's better when animals are mass produced and slaughtered in a factory assembly line though huh. So yeah, just sit there and watch your little animated animal cartoons while eating chicken strips. It's okay, those chickens were not harvested naturally, they were raised in little cages, force fed hormone enriched foods and died a pityful life.
Now tell me what is sick and twisted again?

It saddens me that some people have never in their life caught a fish, cleaned it, and to cook it over an open fire. Instead, fed the bullshit disney has taught our generation that anyone who naturally harvests an animal is sick and twisted...

Don't even get me started on the beef industry.

I agreed with everything but the hate on Disney. Disney has promoted conservation and has supported the Fish and Wildlife organizations in Florida. Disney helped alot when I was camping in the State Parks as a Boy Scout and the were sponsors for many trapping and fishing events.
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...
Hunting's been around for quite a few centuries before America was...
l_Shamrock_l
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...
cave men didn't hunt?
zosh
l_Shamrock_l
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...
cave men didn't hunt?
Yes... Yes they did...

I said "Quite a few centuries" as an under-exaggeration. It was supposed to be a fact presented as a smart-alec remark.
All animals die. Some are tastier than others. We need more hunters so they can start doing mid level marketing and farmers markets for venison. I think grocery stores - or at least the Costco should have a "wild Game" section with wild turkey, rabbit, grouse, deer, elk, and so on. The hunters could sell to the market at wholesale or 1/4 for wholesalers who buy in bulk, and then people who didn't go hunting for whatever reason could partake in the spoils of their success. It is more honorable to eat a hunted animal than to eat a tortured caged genetically modified animal pumped full of hormones on a diet of candy corn

The Candy Eating Cows Story

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
zosh
l_Shamrock_l
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...
cave men didn't hunt?

Nope. They shopped at Bedrock Grocery, like civilized neanderthals.
zosh
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

To prevent 1 and a half million collisions with them on the highways. You obviously know nothing of hunting, it's not sick or twisted. It's life. I guess it's better when animals are mass produced and slaughtered in a factory assembly line though huh. So yeah, just sit there and watch your little animated animal cartoons while eating chicken strips. It's okay, those chickens were not harvested naturally, they were raised in little cages, force fed hormone enriched foods and died a pityful life.

It saddens me that some people have never in their life caught a fish, cleaned it, and to cook it over an open fire. Instead, fed the bullshit disney has taught our generation that anyone who naturally harvests an animal is sick and twisted...

I know where meat comes from. I'm not saying it's good. I'm saying PEOPLE ENJOY KILLING s**t! They hunt for FUN! If you honestly hunt for food and only food, that's one thing, BUT WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE KILL FOR FUN. Sick twisted bastards
x-Garethp-x
zosh
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

I know where meat comes from. I'm not saying it's good. I'm saying PEOPLE ENJOY KILLING s**t! They hunt for FUN! If you honestly hunt for food and only food, that's one thing, BUT WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE KILL FOR FUN. Sick twisted bastards
Because they sell the kill to someone who wants to use for food and make a profit.

Herp derp

Hilarious Prophet

Deer can die.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
x-Garethp-x
zosh
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

Because it's natural. It's something we've done since long before recorded history.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I am against killing things for no purpose other than 'fun'. That's just screwed on so many levels. And anyone who takes pleasure out of killing an animal could easily take pleasure out of killing another person.

Killing an animal for necessity - to provide food, or materials for shelter and clothes is another thing.

Hunting as a hobby is not a necessity.

If there are actually problems with ecology, it's more humane and effective to use a catch, neuter and release system, not let random citizens shoot random members of the animal population.
zosh
in particular, deer hunters? Ya know, have the department of fish&game, wildlife conservationists issue out more tags every year?

In case you didn't know, 1,500,000 deer were hit by cars last year, causing over a billion dollars in damage, and costing thousands of human lives.

I don't agree with arguments bassed on perverse incentives changing policy because of said perverse incentives actually less so, I favor changing or the abolition of such incentives.
sorry but saying we should have less deer because we run them over and we run them over because we place roads across deers habitat is actually a form of a perverse incentive.

Disconsented

Don't eat meat then.

can do.

Sir Deranged Reindeer
I am against killing things for no purpose other than 'fun'. That's just screwed on so many levels. And anyone who takes pleasure out of killing an animal could easily take pleasure out of killing another person.

Killing an animal for necessity - to provide food, or materials for shelter and clothes is another thing.

Hunting as a hobby is not a necessity.

If there are actually problems with ecology, it's more humane and effective to use a catch, neuter and release system, not let random citizens shoot random members of the animal population.
Distinction here is very necessary.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces