Welcome to Gaia! ::

in particular, deer hunters? Ya know, have the department of fish&game, wildlife conservationists issue out more tags every year?

In case you didn't know, 1,500,000 deer were hit by cars last year, causing over a billion dollars in damage, and costing thousands of human lives.

Native North American predators are not reducing numbers nearly as much as they are increasing.

Some highways have barriers that prevent wildlife from crossing, but it is very expensive, requires maintenance, and just is not the way to go. to cover the entire United States interstate system...

Hunters serve a purpose, they protect, conserve, and restore nature, undo the imbalance man has placed on this planet.

User Image
I don't understand Americans and their hunting. Why would they do that? What kind of sick twisted b*****d makes a sport of killing things? Who takes pleasure out of that? AND WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL???

For ******** sake...
x-Garethp-x
I don't understand Americans and their hunting. Why would they do that? What kind of sick twisted b*****d makes a sport of killing things? Who takes pleasure out of that? AND WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL???

For ******** sake...

Don't eat meat then.

Buggy Mage

Nice Photo. I think they should try to promote hunting where it is needed. Maybe if there aren't sufficient hunter available that the state can pay rangers to go out and hunt for deer. The meat could probably be sold at discount to the general public too.
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

To prevent 1 and a half million collisions with them on the highways. You obviously know nothing of hunting, it's not sick or twisted. It's life. I guess it's better when animals are mass produced and slaughtered in a factory assembly line though huh. So yeah, just sit there and watch your little animated animal cartoons while eating chicken strips. It's okay, those chickens were not harvested naturally, they were raised in little cages, force fed hormone enriched foods and died a pityful life.
Now tell me what is sick and twisted again?

It saddens me that some people have never in their life caught a fish, cleaned it, and to cook it over an open fire. Instead, fed the bullshit disney has taught our generation that anyone who naturally harvests an animal is sick and twisted...

Don't even get me started on the beef industry.
Fire 0ak
Nice Photo. I think they should try to promote hunting where it is needed. Maybe if there aren't sufficient hunter available that the state can pay rangers to go out and hunt for deer. The meat could probably be sold at discount to the general public too.

Rangers do. Wildlife Conservationists do. Field Biologists do. It's not just deer, but so many animals out there whose population numbers are not balanced and face limited resources and habitats. However it's not enough

Buggy Mage

zosh
Fire 0ak

Rangers do. Wildlife Conservationists do. Field Biologists do. It's not just deer, but so many animals out there whose population numbers are not balanced and face limited resources and habitats. However it's not enough

I see, I hope they can figure out a good solution for the problem. That sounds like a really severe problem though. Do you have any idea's on how to get the hunters to control the deer population better? Maybe if they neutered some of the deer so they wouldn't reproduce as fast? I dunno what method would be most effective honestly.

Shameless Mystic

x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...
Deer is like ultra beef. Have you ever had it? It's freaking delicious. What's the difference between shooting an animal in the wild, and killing it in a factory farm, anyways?

We're omnivores, we eat other animals. It's natural. Besides, we practically made all the wolves extinct so we could live here, so someone's got to eat them; they'll overpopulate and starve if we don't.
Fire 0ak
zosh
Fire 0ak

I see, I hope they can figure out a good solution for the problem. That sounds like a really severe problem though. Do you have any idea's on how to get the hunters to control the deer population better? Maybe if they neutered some of the deer so they wouldn't reproduce as fast? I dunno what method would be most effective honestly.

You're where I'm at. I don't know how they go about with it... I do know the researchers/scientists go out and tag animals with tracking devices, and are able to get tons of information that way, and determine population numbers, compare it to every year/ every season, and can see how many new offspring were born in spring, etc. But when it comes to issuing out tags... idk how exactly that works. Here in California, there's a type of dove that is invasive and is wrecking havoc on the ecosystem and they're considered varmints, you don't need a tag or anything.

Ruthless Strawberry

x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...
You are mistaking Trophy hunters with real hunters. I only hunt to get food. I've had deer, elk, rabbit, snake, all types of birds and many more. I don't keep trophies I keep the meat. Hell if I lived in the woods I'd hunt for all my meat, it's the trophy hunters that cause all the hunting laws and over hunting... Trophies are pointless I see it as owning a fast car because you have a small d**k...If I knew how to tan I'd make stuff out of the whole carcass..

Does this make me abnormal because of this? and it's not just Americans as you say..

EDIT:
Thanks for the tips..But it's true before the meat industry where did we get meat? Hell how do animals get their meat? Hunting, it's natural it's been around since the first life forms. And I've just figured out the first profession..as one Comedian said "If we weren't supposed to eat meat why the hell did god make it so good?"

And Before I'm told that I am a heartless killer I love animals to. I think nature is beautiful..when I see a deer I go 'Ooh pretty' then my second thought is usually 'tasty'.

Shameless Friend

x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

we're accustomed to it, it's not a big shock to us people go out on certain seasons to hunt. hunting is a sport apparently and as far as I know only people down south hunt animals for fun, it's sometimes used as a right of passage (?) where a boy becomes a MAN. so i have heard. you don't hear very much about it. but i'm pretty sure we are not the only country that goes out to hunt animals as trophies
desertpunk

And Before I'm told that I am a heartless killer I love animals to. I think nature is beautiful..when I see a deer I go 'Ooh pretty' then my second thought is usually 'tasty'.

One thing that soooo many people do not realize is that it's is NOT the "vegan hippie tree huggers" but the "rednecks living out in the sticks" that are the greatest benefit of our ecosystems. From Buffalo ranches to turkey coops and wolf breeders, THEY are the ones restoring our wildlife

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
x-Garethp-x
I don't understand Americans and their hunting. Why would they do that?

Food, mostly. Specifically, access to food that is otherwise difficult, if possible, to obtain. Wild game aren't usually found in the grocery store. Except domesticated turkey, I suppose.

Also, it helps keep their numbers in check. Rather a deer suffer some 3 minutes worth of bleeding out, than several months of starvation, because they've become over-run, and have depleted their own natural foods.

That's actually why carnivours and omnivours exist. It's a natural balance of population.

Quote:
What kind of sick twisted b*****d makes a sport of killing things?

It's not that sick, nor twisted. It's human nature at its core.

Quote:
Who takes pleasure out of that?

Lots of people, all over the world. Not just in the US.

In fact, YOU are the minority. That means YOU are the weird one.

Quote:
AND WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL???

Because....it is? It's no less "unusual" for a human to kill animals for sustanence, than for a bear.

Like I said, you are the one who's not normal, given that you are the minority.

Shameless Mystic

Kappa Pii
x-Garethp-x

For ******** sake...

we're accustomed to it, it's not a big shock to us people go out on certain seasons to hunt. hunting is a sport apparently and as far as I know only people down south hunt animals for fun, it's sometimes used as a right of passage (?) where a boy becomes a MAN. so i have heard. you don't hear very much about it. but i'm pretty sure we are not the only country that goes out to hunt animals as trophies
Pretty sure that whole thing started with monocled, pith hat wearing Brits traveling the world for the next biggest thing they could kill because they were rich and became bored with merely sitting in their studies, next to a large fireplace, stroking their handlebar mustaches while blowing smoke rings, and mumbling phrases like, "I SAY!" and, "INDUBITABLY!"

Fanatical Zealot

Feral pigs more so. xp

Otherwise not really xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out