Welcome to Gaia! ::

StraitBombtastic
With the whole inflation bullshit and how a lot of the new cool things require to pay shitload of money.

Do think anything about this site can be fixed or changed, or that it is even worth Trying.

The love of money is the root of all evil... The love of fake game currency is the root of stupidity!

I'd suggest taking a vow of virtual poverty and learning not to care about virtual fake possessions. Actually paying real money for fake virtual s**t is... not a good idea.
Wow. Complain much. Just enjoy the forums.
Comrade McNasty
First things first, Gaia needs to stop handing out .99 cash items that can be converted to millions of coins. When you artificially inject that much money into the system without a change in the level of goods, of course prices are going to fly through the roof (long story short, more money means more buyers who are willing to offer a price well in excess of what was being formerly charged).

Secondly, I think it's going to take a "crash" to fix Gaia. Eventually we're going to reach a point where prices are so ridiculously high that no one is going to want to buy anything and sellers will either *have* to lower their prices in a way that's more equitable or Gaia will be forced to go back to making items based on sound money.

A virtual economy like this can't really "crash" because when no one buys anything.... nothing happens.
Project 429
Comrade McNasty
First things first, Gaia needs to stop handing out .99 cash items that can be converted to millions of coins. When you artificially inject that much money into the system without a change in the level of goods, of course prices are going to fly through the roof (long story short, more money means more buyers who are willing to offer a price well in excess of what was being formerly charged).

Secondly, I think it's going to take a "crash" to fix Gaia. Eventually we're going to reach a point where prices are so ridiculously high that no one is going to want to buy anything and sellers will either *have* to lower their prices in a way that's more equitable or Gaia will be forced to go back to making items based on sound money.

A virtual economy like this can't really "crash" because when no one buys anything.... nothing happens.

Hence why I put it in quotation marks? And at the very least it would put content creators out of a job because there'd be no reason to make stuff anymore.
-Kali-La-Fae-
Comrade McNasty

/thread

>Trying to greentext in gaia. what a pleb..
Rainswept Flower
I remember when 10k gold on Gaia was a lot, a number I'd never achieve! Inflation has happened so, so very much in the last decade here on Gaia, and in "real" life as we'll. I've come to accept it cause, we'll, I see no change coming. Prices just keep going up and up.

I Blame Gaia cash. Wtb Gaia crash. X-x
i know right? 1k was my goal when I first joined in 2005. Man how much I posted in forums to earn 1k. My favorite items were the bunny ears, G-Bot, the dog, and the sword, then the gwee when it came out xD.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
DMG Pyrex
-Kali-La-Fae-
Comrade McNasty

/thread

>Trying to greentext in gaia. what a pleb..

>Not realizing I've had this post style for years what an idiot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff