<3 </3

Is a college degree important?

Yes 0.58024691358025 58.0% [ 47 ]
No 0.2716049382716 27.2% [ 22 ]
Indifferent 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

Dapper Reveler

Since when is it implied we even need money anyway?
Avgvsto

Since we're born? rofl

And yes you need college or at the very least trade school if you want to go anywhere in life especially if you want to do something creative with your life. That is unless you're beautiful enough to be an actor/model/etc and savvy enough with online/digital marketing... in that case you don't even need to graduate high school.
I really hope not because I'm not smart enough for college.

I get by on looking pretty. It has a shelf life which makes me incredibly sad because by the time I'm forty, I'll have nothing to fall back on :/

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Hepzeba
Hawanja
Go to college. If you don't, what will end up happening is the guy next to you at the office, who does the exact same job you do, will be ten years younger and paid twice as much. He will get promoted and you won't.

Trust me on this one.

Those days are behind us now.

Someone forgot to tell my employer that.

Liberal Dabbler

Phenothiazines
I really hope not because I'm not smart enough for college.

I get by on looking pretty. It has a shelf life which makes me incredibly sad because by the time I'm forty, I'll have nothing to fall back on :/

Honey if you're smart enough to figure that out, you should be smart enough to make ends meet. Crafty hobbies (knitting, sewing, woodworking, etc) are becoming quite viable as a supplementary income for house-ladies, as long as handmade goods remain in vogue (which I think they will).

Ferocious Pumpkin

Ugh, this old debate... My opinion? College is more of a scam, not a fad. I am now thousands of dollars in debt because I was coerced by my family and schools all my life. They all promise that I NEED a degree to get anywhere in life. They feed lies, encouraging taking out loans because "once you get your degree, you'll be able to get a good job to pay it off," knowing that any job is hard to come by let alone a decent-paying job. My point is, unless a person is going into a field that requires advanced study, a college degree is not worth it. Especially one from a four-year university. A trade school or community college would be preferable if one feels that he or she must get a degree.
Hawanja
Hepzeba
Hawanja
Go to college. If you don't, what will end up happening is the guy next to you at the office, who does the exact same job you do, will be ten years younger and paid twice as much. He will get promoted and you won't.

Trust me on this one.

Those days are behind us now.

Someone forgot to tell my employer that.

*huggles* Have a cookie.
tehyler
Ugh, this old debate... My opinion? College is more of a scam, not a fad. I am now thousands of dollars in debt because I was coerced by my family and schools all my life. They all promise that I NEED a degree to get anywhere in life. They feed lies, encouraging taking out loans because "once you get your degree, you'll be able to get a good job to pay it off," knowing that any job is hard to come by let alone a decent-paying job. My point is, unless a person is going into a field that requires advanced study, a college degree is not worth it. Especially one from a four-year university. A trade school or community college would be preferable if one feels that he or she must get a degree.

This guy pretty much said it. People spend tens of thousands for a degree in just a tiny portion of work that they could get into. And the fact that i think most people believe that if you go to college you are guaranteed a Well paying job, a steady line of work, and the model wife/husband, but truth is allot of college graduates end up working for minimum wage, and debt up to their necks.

lets not forget that when you do graduate from a college there are hundreds of thousands of people out there with the same degree you got, and the chances of them picking you, they are less than what you hoped.
I found it strange that it is free for a High School teacher to teach you, and yet it costs thousands of dollars for a College teacher to teach you.

I think it's a scam. Loaning money from the government puts America in debt if it is not paid back.
college degrees are important, but you don't need to have it to be successful. It actually depends on the job/career you'll take.

Dapper Reveler

TheRainbowSamurai
Avgvsto

Since we're born? rofl

And yes you need college or at the very least trade school if you want to go anywhere in life especially if you want to do something creative with your life. That is unless you're beautiful enough to be an actor/model/etc and savvy enough with online/digital marketing... in that case you don't even need to graduate high school.
you mean its creative for me to do something you'd like to do with your life?

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Do you really need college? depends what you want to be

Do you need college to be successful? no

If you do need college to be successful, is it because of what college offers you, or is it because employers have set arbitrary requirements for degrees? depends in what you want to be

What do you gain from college? qualifications

Is attending college a "fad"? no
In todays society, to survive i would say that yes, you need college in order to make it financially in this world, however- it is not necessary in the human aspect of life.

College has become about greed and money, producing graduates that still have little direction in life. It was meant to be an academia me driven toward expanding and sharing thoughts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff