Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hear me out;
For a long time I've been thinking that maybe there's something to the world (world as in universe, or dimension or however you associate it, not limited earth) than we can comprehend. By that I mean, maybe physics is wrong, and it's really all arbitrary magic controlling the world (long shot but ya know) or maybe there are alternate, traversable dimensions that we've yet to tap into (like Doctor Who and stuff) or maybe at the center of every planet is a divine deity that controls their respective planet, and disguises it so that their neighbors don't think there's life there. These are just random examples of how the world "as we know it" could be far from reality... As an agnostic, I just find it hard to believe that all there is to my life is getting educated, landing a happy career, finding a husband, settling down, and dying. No bang or anything. In all honesty I'm actually terrified that all my life is limited to this tiny-a** planet, light years away from any other civilization.

I want to know if there are any others out there that think like this. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Gaian

I use to believe that Elder beings with immense amounts of experience and life cleverly manipulate reality to their whims.

Then again I hallucinate and am certifiable.

Gaian

nick vee
Nappzy
Hear me out;
For a long time I've been thinking that maybe there's something to the world (world as in universe, or dimension or however you associate it, not limited earth) than we can comprehend. By that I mean, maybe physics is wrong, and it's really all arbitrary magic controlling the world (long shot but ya know) or maybe there are alternate, traversable dimensions that we've yet to tap into (like Doctor Who and stuff) or maybe at the center of every planet is a divine deity that controls their respective planet, and disguises it so that their neighbors don't think there's life there. These are just random examples of how the world "as we know it" could be far from reality... As an agnostic, I just find it hard to believe that all there is to my life is getting educated, landing a happy career, finding a husband, settling down, and dying. No bang or anything. In all honesty I'm actually terrified that all my life is limited to this tiny-a** planet, light years away from any other civilization.

I want to know if there are any others out there that think like this. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Like you said we are just a tiny little planet endless light years away from another planet with life. I don't know but I bet that other planet endless light years away from us has the population of just 1. Some horny gent who put us all here for his voyeuristic pleasure maby???

Its not so much one guy as it is an entity that has discovered Oneness and is limitless and very powerful. Some say its Yog-Sohoth or something similar. I agree, its gotta be some sort of ancient Tree.
Quote:
By that I mean, maybe physics is wrong, and it's really all arbitrary magic controlling the world (long shot but ya know)

Well if we're going to go that route, someone I know made a very interesting point about how certain chemical interactions are only possible in our atmosphere. So if we introduce a magical atmosphere where "magic" can be drawn from, suddenly all kinds of s**t can happen! Then again I think that concept has been around for a while, something about 'Aether' being the 5th element?

But yeah, regardless if that's how it works, it's fun to think about

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I believe that the activities of a single household are more than any one human can even fully conceptualize. I have no idea why people ever pretend to have stuff completely figured out.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Nappzy
Hear me out;

I would SOOOOO love it if magic were real! But unfortunately laws of physics is pretty set, with a few quirks here and there that makes things fun, like planets that have plants attached to nothing growing out of thin air. Pink elephants like things, maybe fish that swim in the air...oh well.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Fanatical Zealot

Well of course, we couldn't possibly know everything about the earth, at least not in our current state.

Pchooo's Husbando

High-functioning Lunatic

Nappzy
By that I mean, maybe physics is wrong

Gonna stop you there to say hey, you're right.

Physics as we understand them are our best guess and, in all actuality, are being dis-proven on a large scale (as in, the more of the universe we can observe, the more we see our understanding of physics failing to produce accurate estimations of those observations). Physics as we understand them accurately account for the works of the universe near us, but lose that accuracy in the distance of space. This is why we're seeing new theories arising, such as the existence of "dark matter", to try to account for these indiscrepancies.

Does this mean magic is real? No, that's ******** stupid. Magic is fake the way fairys are.

But it does mean that our best-guess still isn't good enough, and that's something.
Something much better than an imagination that chalks the universe up to the arbitrary.

It means the big cosmic puzzle still needs solving. c:

Questionable Genius

It could be possible that there is more to this world/ universe than we know; in fact, it's more than possible - it's absolutely correct on many levels. Science is merely the study of what is around us, and mathematics and other -ologies help to piece that puzzle together. If humanity ever begins to truly study magic from a very serious point of view, rather than leaving it to wishful thinking, then humanity might find out that the only thing keeping it back is itself and it's frivilousness.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I agree that there is more to this world than we realize.

But there is no such a thing as magic, just a lot of science that we don't understand that is waiting to be explained.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items