Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I believe it's up to the woman if she wants to consider the man's opinion on it.
Men have an opinion. Not a decision.

Quotable Prophet

A man can say whatever he wants about the issue, but the ultimate decision should rest with the one who actually has to go through the process of carrying and birthing the baby.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Freedom of speech does not stop at genatelia.

Discussion's fine, decision making should be consensual between both guardians.

I'm not advocating any one person make a decision on a spur of the moment for a life two people helped create.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
stealthmongoose

I'm not advocating any one person make a decision on a spur of the moment for a life two people helped create.
What if the man and the woman disagree about what should be done?

AcidStrips's Husband

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose

Then they should come to a decision as a couple. it's going to happen anyway, whether one disagress or otherwise. As long as they can both reach a consensus, even if it means giving in, they can both take responsibility for the collective decision of their union.

They made the bigger decision together before the abortion.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose

Then they should come to a decision as a couple. it's going to happen anyway, whether one disagress or otherwise. As long as they can both reach a consensus, even if it means giving in, they can both take responsibility for the collective decision of their union.

That... doesn't really make any sense. Eventually, one person has to cave. That's not "making the decision together."

AcidStrips's Husband

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose

That... doesn't really make any sense. Eventually, one person has to cave. That's not "making the decision together."

Can you think of a situation in which one person wouldn't have to appeal to or consider his or her partner's opinion?

Having a child i'm guessing isn't the same as renting a movie, where you can throw the weight of the decision on someone who ISN'T involved in the relationship (like a professional baby reviewer or something).

I'm only proposing that both guardians be allowed to equally have say in a decision that will influence both of their lives.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose

Can you think of a situation in which one person wouldn't have to appeal to or consider his or her partner's opinion?

Having a child i'm guessing isn't the same as renting a movie, where you can throw the weight of the decision on someone who ISN'T involved in the relationship (like a professional baby reviewer or something).

I'm only proposing that both guardians be allowed to equally have say in a decision that will influence both of their lives.
And so what if the woman is adamant about getting an abortion, and the man is adamant about having the kid? Neither of them will reach a consensus. What should be done?

AcidStrips's Husband

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose

And so what if the woman is adamant about getting an abortion, and the man is adamant about having the kid? Neither of them will reach a consensus. What should be done?

Well, assuming she's not having labor on the bed and is following regular law for abortion, they should have plenty of time to agree on something or break up.

Normally it would be one of them decides on something or they break up. That turns the infant into a claim instead of treating their creation of the infant as something they've both produced.

A woman not willing to bear a man's child should not accept that man's genitalia into her own.

EDIT

Special circumstances for rape, incest, health reasons. The idea that women can abdicate a responsibility they haphazardly brought upon themselves is rather offensive, in my book.
no, and the 'its my child too' argument is ridiculous
really, all you gave is a sperm cell
if a sperm cell really means that much to a guy then idk what to say
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose
Sexual Innuendo
stealthmongoose

Well, assuming she's not having labor on the bed and is following regular law for abortion, they should have plenty of time to agree on something or break up.

Normally it would be one of them decides on something or they break up. That turns the infant into a claim instead of treating their creation of the infant as something they've both produced.

wtf did i just read

Hilarious Genius

ice queen in a dark tower

Nice double standard. Like men don't want kids.
Camillo
ice queen in a dark tower

Nice double standard. Like men don't want kids.

It would help to establish the lines upon which a man's input is involved. "I don't really want kids right now" is sort of a bullshit reason, to be honest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff