Welcome to Gaia! ::

it take to to make a kid. then if you do copout you both need to talk about it. Idc what you say its a kid and the heath of it it should be both parents say. It his kid too.
Robot Macai
Meroko_Love
Robot Macai
Meroko_Love
No one has the right, whether man, woman, genderqueer, agender, etc. to dictate to a woman what choice she should make with her reproductive system.
Unless of course she expects that man to pay half the bill (see: mandatory child support), in which case her body becomes half his.

Mandatory child support comes after the kid is born.... ? confused
And who chose to make that child become born...? You're basically holding a man accountable for someone else's vaginal expulsion.

Yeah, except I'm speaking of after the kid is born. I'm fine with a man having the liberty to renounce child support before birth; you know, just like an abortion.

After birth? No. If a woman cannot commit infanticide, I'm afraid a man cannot commit financial infanticide either. xd

Invisible Phantom

If a man doesn't want her to get an abortion but she does it anyway there's not much he can do about it.

Because of this if a man thinks she should get an abortion but she doesn't then I don't think he should have any obligation to take care of that child.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
theothermanoverthere
it take to to make a kid. then if you do copout you both need to talk about it. Idc what you say its a kid and the heath of it it should be both parents say. It his kid too.

But she's the one putting all the time, energy, and sacrifice into carrying the kid.

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Her body, her choice. No one should have the right to dictate what a woman "should" do with her uterus and these politicians are just going to have to get over the fact that abortions are going to happen regardless of what laws they're planning on passing. Damn misogynists, the lot of them!

On the other hand, I also support the man's right to abdicate parental responsibilities if the woman decides to give birth and he doesn't want to be a parent.
Gatller
I've been thinking about this for a while and I can't work it out in my mind very well. But the point I've reached is that men will never know what it's like to have a child or an abortion so it makes less sense for men to be against it.

Obviously it makes sense if you are the father since it's your child too. I'm not saying men shouldn't have a say at all, I'm just saying means less coming from a man than a woman. Opinions?

I have every right to be against abortion. As an individual who's wanted to be a father since his teenage years, I think I've got just as much right to have a child as anybody. But you're right, when it comes down to it, my opinion doesn't matter as much as the would-be mother's.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Gatller
I've been thinking about this for a while and I can't work it out in my mind very well. But the point I've reached is that men will never know what it's like to have a child or an abortion so it makes less sense for men to be against it.

Obviously it makes sense if you are the father since it's your child too. I'm not saying men shouldn't have a say at all, I'm just saying means less coming from a man than a woman. Opinions?

Nope i personally Think its unfair to men to not have an equal say in whether a kid , that is rightfully theirs as well as the woman, is to live or not the laws have always been bias torward men such as in divorces the women always gets to keep the kids which I think is totally unfair..

When you have a kid whether it lives or not shouldnt be decided by parents to me when you choose to have sex you automatically accept the responsibilities of having a kid even if its not your desire to have one. Sex is not an activity of leisure because of the fact that its how humans are made. but Im going beyond the point the kids life shoulndt be decided by anybody its already decided when you choose to have sex but this is coming from an anti-Abortionist.

point= It takes to to make a kid so both should have equal influence over the kids life including abortion

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Quote:
Because of this if a man thinks she should get an abortion but she doesn't then I don't think he should have any obligation to take care of that child.

Um that doesent make any sense at all. A man should take care of his kids whether he want them or not he chose to have sex so that means he accepted all the possible outcomes that could happen after sex and if she gets pregnant hes is bound by blood to take care of his own flesh and blood

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Gekido Yuuga
Her body, her choice. No one should have the right to dictate what a woman "should" do with her uterus and these politicians are just going to have to get over the fact that abortions are going to happen regardless of what laws they're planning on passing. Damn misogynists, the lot of them!

On the other hand, I also support the man's right to abdicate parental responsibilities if the woman decides to give birth and he doesn't want to be a parent.

Thats where you are wrong its another living body in her body she has no right to kill anybody just because it lives inside her body she is only a temporary sheltor for another human being and for you to take a kid away from a man is just plain wrong as if the man had nothing to do with it at all
marshmallowcreampie
theothermanoverthere

But she's the one putting all the time, energy, and sacrifice into carrying the kid.
I gat that but the feeling of both parties should be takin in to consederation. No one should just say the the dads opinion don't mean s**t. It is his kid too after all and theres a lot of emotions that come with this I would know. Thought I was going to have a kid wasn't so lucky. Its not a fun thing to go though.

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Blazein3D
Gekido Yuuga

Thats where you are wrong its another living body in her body she has no right to kill anybody just because it lives inside her body she is only a temporary sheltor for another human being and for you to take a kid away from a man is just plain wrong as if the man had nothing to do with it at all

People kills living beings everyday. If you're not a vegetarian, the meat you eat came from a living being who was killed for that meat. If you've ever used some kind of disinfectant, you've killed millions of microscopic lifeforms.

A man doesn't have to deal with all of the health risks (up to and including physical deformity, sterility, and death) to bring the fetus to term. A man doesn't have to deal with the permanent hormonal changes to one's body that pregnancy brings. A man also doesn't have to go through all the social stigma that being pregnant outside of "normal circumstances" (i.e. marriage) nor is he considered "broken", "less of a person", or "abnormal" if he doesn't want to be a parent at all. Men also don't have to deal with the double-standards that women do (i.e. if a woman has sex, she's a slit. If she doesn't, she's a frigid b***h).

In an ideal relationship, the man and woman would talk about it. However, the final decision is the woman's alone. She's the one who has to go through the pregnancy ergo she should be free to choose if she wants to have a child or not. After all, if someone is dying and is in need of a kidney transplant, I'm under no legal obligation to go under the knife even if that person will die if I don't give up my kidney. The usage of the uterus can and should be the same.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Gekido Yuuga
Blazein3D
Gekido Yuuga

People kills living beings everyday. If you're not a vegetarian, the meat you eat came from a living being who was killed for that meat. If you've ever used some kind of disinfectant, you've killed millions of microscopic lifeforms.

A man doesn't have to deal with all of the health risks (up to and including physical deformity, sterility, and death) to bring the fetus to term. A man doesn't have to deal with the permanent hormonal changes to one's body that pregnancy brings. A man also doesn't have to go through all the social stigma that being pregnant outside of "normal circumstances" (i.e. marriage) nor is he considered "broken", "less of a person", or "abnormal" if he doesn't want to be a parent at all. Men also don't have to deal with the double-standards that women do (i.e. if a woman has sex, she's a slit. If she doesn't, she's a frigid b***h).

In an ideal relationship, the man and woman would talk about it. However, the final decision is the woman's alone. She's the one who has to go through the pregnancy ergo she should be free to choose if she wants to have a child or not. After all, if someone is dying and is in need of a kidney transplant, I'm under no legal obligation to go under the knife even if that person will die if I don't give up my kidney. The usage of the uterus can and should be the same.

Just becasue a man doesent go through preganacy that doesent make him any less responsible for the kid.
It takes two to make a kid and thats the fact however the kid is made that is nature and that just the way thingsa are and you cannot compare humans to other lifeforms because other lifeforms arent suject to human lives and morals but thats just me being anti-Abortionist but if i was Pro-Abortion and the woman decides to not kill the kid the man would still be responsible for taking care of it because of the fact that the kid is his own flesh and blood and needs a father

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Blazein3D
Just becasue a man doesent go through preganacy that doesent make him any less responsible for the kid.

Abortion is another way for a woman to take responsibility. Just because it's not what you would like them to do doesn't make it any less responsible. It's not easy to get an abortion, despite what anti-choice propaganda may say. There's counseling, the monetary cost as no insurance covers abortions, the stigma of having to go to the clinic for said counseling and the procedure itself... That's not even touching on what the woman may have to deal with from friends and family if they're in of the same opinion as you.

Blazein3D
It takes two to make a kid and thats the fact however the kid is made that is nature and that just the way thingsa are and you cannot compare humans to other lifeforms because other lifeforms arent suject to human lives and morals but thats just me being anti-Abortionist but if i was Pro-Abortion and the woman decides to not kill the kid the man would still be responsible for taking care of it because of the fact that the kid is his own flesh and blood and needs a father

Abortion is natural. Miscarriages are also known as spontaneous abortions for a reason. Also, I'm not "pro-abortion", as you put it. The correct term is "pro-choice". Only a small, unethical group of people are truly "pro-abortion".

So you would force people to become parents against their will? That kind of mindset will guarantee that there would be more abused children as there are some men (and women) who are fine with taking out their frustrations about their situation on their child(ren). Having a child doesn't magically turn you into a better person, even though a few people do step up once the child is born.

Blood relations is not the end all be all when it comes to family. For some anecdata, my biological father left when I was in high school and has maybe talked to me once or twice in the past 3 years. My step-father has been far more of a father to me in the past 7 years than my biological father has been in my entire lifetime.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Gekido Yuuga
Blazein3D

Abortion is another way for a woman to take responsibility. Just because it's not what you would like them to do doesn't make it any less responsible. It's not easy to get an abortion, despite what anti-choice propaganda may say. There's counseling, the monetary cost as no insurance covers abortions, the stigma of having to go to the clinic for said counseling and the procedure itself... That's not even touching on what the woman may have to deal with from friends and family if they're in of the same opinion as you.

Blazein3D

Abortion is natural. Miscarriages are also known as spontaneous abortions for a reason. Also, I'm not "pro-abortion", as you put it. The correct term is "pro-choice". Only a small, unethical group of people are truly "pro-abortion".

So you would force people to become parents against their will? That kind of mindset will guarantee that there would be more abused children as there are some men (and women) who are fine with taking out their frustrations about their situation on their child(ren). Having a child doesn't magically turn you into a better person, even though a few people do step up once the child is born.

Blood relations is not the end all be all when it comes to family. For some anecdata, my biological father left when I was in high school and has maybe talked to me once or twice in the past 3 years. My step-father has been far more of a father to me in the past 7 years than my biological father has been in my entire lifetime.

Being a parent isnt a choice You chose the possibilty of being a parent the minute you (not you personally) Ejaculated sperm in a woman. Its not your choice that you are the biological father of a child but it is your responsibility bound by blood to take care of that child whether you wanna raise it or just pay child support f until the child is 18!!!!! You are responsible for your children And Miscarraiges are accidents you cant go to the doctor and ask the doctor to kill the baby on accident that is a choice You cannot compare miscarriages to abortions!!! If a woman has a miscarriage The baby died by natural causes and that happens so once again you prove nothing

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Blazein3D
Being a parent isnt a choice

Yes, it is. People take steps all of the time to not become parents. Pills, shots, diaphragms, condoms, IUDs, and the various sterilizations techniques are all designed to prevent pregnancy.

Blazein3D
You chose the possibilty of being a parent the minute you (not you personally) Ejaculated sperm in a woman. Its not your choice that you are the biological father of a child but it is your responsibility bound by blood to take care of that child whether you wanna raise it or just pay child support f until the child is 18!!!!! You are responsible for your children

You may be willing to sacrifice your time, money, and freedom to raising a child, but a good number of people are not. If a woman wants to have a child when the man does not, there's nothing stopping him from just up and leaving before the child is born. The birth control methods I listed above are not 100% effective, but if someone is using one (or more) of these things and an accident happens, I don't think they should be punished by being forced to care for a child.

It's more humane to let the woman and man have safe, legal choices so that they aren't saddled with such a burden for 18+ years.

Also, have you not considered the idea that some people don't want to become parents EVER? As in, their lives are complete and happy without children. If they're are doing everything possible to keep from having children and a accident occurs, would you be willing to tell them that their life choices are irrelevant and that they should have the child anyway? Even if one or both of them find the idea of contributing to the human gene pool morally repugnant?

What you decide to do for yourself is fine. It's wrong when you force those choices on to other people.

Blazein3D
And Miscarraiges are accidents you cant go to the doctor and ask the doctor to kill the baby on accident that is a choice You cannot compare miscarriages to abortions!!! If a woman has a miscarriage The baby died by natural causes and that happens so once again you prove nothing

Miscarriage is sometimes called "spontaneous abortion" according to the National Library of Medicine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff