Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Discuss: Do you eat meat? Why or why not? How do you feel about eating meat? Is it wrong? Is there a line? if so, where is it? Should people eat meat?

ok, here's my opinion: It depends no the person, and there is no right answer, it's a matter of morals and choice. I eat meat because I have a high metabolism, and my body-type requires a lot of hemoglobin and protein. I eat beef, pork, ham, chicken, fish, shellfish. on occasion i will eat eggs, venison, turkey, and other meats. For me, it's a matter of health, not morals.

Mega Noob

I eat meat regularly. Mostly fish because it is cheap and readily available here. On the issue of meat's use of natural resources, I remain of the opinion that it should always be done at sustainable levels. No one needs the Heart-Stopper seven-layer, 6-pound cheeseburger to sustain their body.

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Firebird v2
Heimdalr
I eat meat regularly. Mostly fish because it is cheap and readily available here. On the issue of meat's use of natural resources, I remain of the opinion that it should always be done at sustainable levels. No one needs the Heart-Stopper seven-layer, 6-pound cheeseburger to sustain their body.

Oh man, I am sOo jealous. Fish in America is very expensive. Can I move to your country? I love fish!
Just move to Seattle, in Washington. they have tons of fish, cheap too.

Dapper Phantom

Yes. I need a healthy protein source (I suffer from malnutrition if I don't eat meat) and I don't care what vegans say, meat is more effective. I've tried other sources of protein and nothing works as well as meat.

I occasionally get a little sad thinking that an animal had to die for me to eat but that is how my body works. I have to kill something and eat it, whether it's a plant or an animal. It makes me sad to kill no matter what it is. I can't starve if I want to live.

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Dandrogyny
Yes. I need a healthy protein source (I suffer from malnutrition if I don't eat meat) and I don't care what vegans say, meat is more effective. I've tried other sources of protein and nothing works as well as meat.

I occasionally get a little sad thinking that an animal had to die for me to eat but that is how my body works. I have to kill something and eat it, whether it's a plant or an animal. It makes me sad to kill no matter what it is. I can't starve if I want to live.

What animals do you kill?

Dapper Phantom

Stuch BSc
Dandrogyny

Spiders.

In all seriousness, I meant "to kill" as in the action being done, period. Not that I'm literally killing them. Don't nitpick this; I've just clarified it for you.

I am going on a hunting trip sometime next year to learn essential survival skills, however. I'm going to have to skin an animal. I'm not really looking forward to it. It will likely be venison. I feel I must know these skills in case the economy eats s**t.

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Dandrogyny
Spiders.

In all seriousness, I meant "to kill" as in the action being done, period. Not that I'm literally killing them. Don't nitpick this; I've just clarified it for you.

I am going on a hunting trip sometime next year to learn essential survival skills, however. I'm going to have to skin an animal. I'm not really looking forward to it. It will likely be venison. I feel I must know these skills in case the economy eats s**t.

But you won't kill the deer, just skin it?

Chatty Conversationalist

8,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Stuch BSc
Dandrogyny

I just go to the store usually.

Dapper Phantom

Stuch BSc
Dandrogyny
Spiders.

But you won't kill the deer, just skin it?

Skinning them first is the proper way, is it not?

The truth is that I'm not guaranteed to get the shot. Unless we take turns and get enough for everyone to get a deer? My guess is that we'll kill just one. Maybe two? I have no idea. More than that seems like a lot of meat. Maybe because it's my first trip they'll want me to do it. I don't know yet, we haven't talked about much of the specifics yet.
I love meat. Beef, buffalo, venison, pork, boar, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, pheasant, peacock, bear, snake, rabbit, squirrel, lamb, and goat are what I can remember having off of the top of my head (unless you count scorpions and tarantulas - add those if you do). They were all delicious.

I don't have any moral qualms about it, especially since I prefer to either hunt my meat, or buy it from the Amish or a farmer's market.

If we weren't supposed to eat animals, they wouldn't be made of meat is pretty much my view on this "issue".

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Firebird v2
I want to hunt, actually. Though, when I kill a deer, I will pray for its path unto heaven. heart

Are you some ten foot, blue alien?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces