<3 </3

Executions?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 14, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Serious debate, please.

What is your stand on the Death sentance? My view is as follows:

The death sentance should be legal in all 50 states, because otherwise the jails will be crammed full of prisoners who will die in prison anyway (the murders with one or more life sentances, no paroll, etc). Why keep a man or woman in a jail cell, eating state-funded food, drinking water and using the state-funded jail facilities only to be destined to die there? Is it so difficult to quicken the process and get them out of the jail system? Then it will free up a jail cell for a criminal who has less than a full life sentance and will be free in x many months or years?

Not to mention that each day in jail a prisoner. In New York, a single prisoner will set the state back over *$24,000 annually. Multiply that by a few hundred. This is one of the highest prison costs in the nation. Most other states spend about $17,000 per inmate.

All of this money is taken from the taxes. If the death sentance was imposed on all states and executions were done more frequently, out jails would be set back less money, more jail cells will be open for use by non-violent criminals.

*Prison Costs
I think it is good, as long as the know, without a doubt, that the person committed the crime, and they don't care. I think the death sentence is the best for a person who doesn't care that they did it. If they show officials and judges that they don't care at all who the hurt, then they deserve the death penalty. Also, it is better than having to go insane in a jail cell for the rest of their life.
I think the death sentence is an easy way out. Having to live your life in a cell would be more of a punishment. As for jails being crammed full, the government shouldn't be throwing every druggie in there but trying to get them help for their problems instead.
I honestly think we should all do as Texas on this matter.

Not only make it legal.

Not only speed it up.

But install an Express Way for people who did a crime with more then 3 witnesses. ;(
Many people feel that giving them death would be giving them the "easy way out". But what proof that we have that they are constantly being mentally tortured by their own crimes? For all we know, they could be living quite comfortably off our tax money. Death is not an easy thing to face, especially for humans. There should be no doubt that the man/woman actually convicted the crime they are being killed for. They death should be cheap but swift. If you really want them to feel sorry for their crimes and still live, try the rack. That always helps.

Liberal Genius

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
If they've commited a crime worthy of a life sentence, execute them. They've most likely commited a crime that has taken someone else's right to live, so why are they still living?
Acid Lipgloss
I think the death sentence is an easy way out. Having to live your life in a cell would be more of a punishment. As for jails being crammed full, the government shouldn't be throwing every druggie in there but trying to get them help for their problems instead.
sweatdrop I don't think druggies are put on death roll... more like mass drug dealers.
and what proof that we have that they are constantly being mentally tortured by their own crimes? For all we know, they could be living quite comfortably off our tax money. Death is not an easy thing to face, especially for humans. There should be no doubt that the man/woman actually convicted the crime they are being killed for. They death should be cheap but swift. If you really want them to feel sorry for their crimes and still live, try the rack. That always helps.
Wasn't there a topic like this last week? sad Anyway, I think that killing someone while trying to prove murder wrong is an excellent idea. [/sarcasm] Seriously though. There should be better punishments than killing someone.
Dark Cesia
Wasn't there a topic like this last week? sad Anyway, I think that killing someone while trying to prove murder wrong is an excellent idea. [/sarcasm] Seriously though. There should be better punishments than killing someone.

Like what? Also, what if they want to die?
Tsuria
Dark Cesia

Like what? Also, what if they want to die?
If they want to die...Don't kill them. To earn the death penalty (outside VA) you have to do something super immoral. If they don't want to die then let them live and suffer. A better punishment would be like....ALone for life with food and water.

Liberal Genius

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
orochan
Many people feel that giving them death would be giving them the "easy way out". But what proof that we have that they are constantly being mentally tortured by their own crimes? For all we know, they could be living quite comfortably off our tax money. Death is not an easy thing to face, especially for humans. There should be no doubt that the man/woman actually convicted the crime they are being killed for. They death should be cheap but swift. If you really want them to feel sorry for their crimes and still live, try the rack. That always helps.

Unfortunately, the U.S. Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment". Wimps.
I don't believe in the death penalty. If the crimes the person committed were so heinous, why should they have a quick death instead of years of imprisonment in a cramped cell, no hopes of parole, living on stale bread and water? Also in places where there is no death penalty, the crime rate is much lower than with states that have a death penalty.
yes they should all die 3nodding
as long as there are enough witnesses
If you complain about money how about we get rid of needless expenses. They dont need cable tv and nice matresses. I say give them 3 tv dinners a day and have them sleep on one of those egg foam thingys. And what happened to making prisoners make liscense plates? we should force them to do menial tasks like factory labor to build war vehicles take the burden off the govt. The minimal security prisoners could be rented out as maids ect.
Whatever you do... you dont have the right to take a human life. We can show murderers that by NOT murdering them.
Mhairi
Serious debate, please.

What is your stand on the Death sentance? My view is as follows:

The death sentance should be legal in all 50 states, because otherwise the jails will be crammed full of prisoners who will die in prison anyway (the murders with one or more life sentances, no paroll, etc). Why keep a man or woman in a jail cell, eating state-funded food, drinking water and using the state-funded jail facilities only to be destined to die there? Is it so difficult to quicken the process and get them out of the jail system? Then it will free up a jail cell for a criminal who has less than a full life sentance and will be free in x many months or years?

Not to mention that each day in jail a prisoner. In New York, a single prisoner will set the state back over *$24,000 annually. Multiply that by a few hundred. This is one of the highest prison costs in the nation. Most other states spend about $17,000 per inmate.

All of this money is taken from the taxes. If the death sentance was imposed on all states and executions were done more frequently, out jails would be set back less money, more jail cells will be open for use by non-violent criminals.

*Prison Costs

I don't agree with the death penalty at all.

And for the figures you quoted in this post, what difference does it make how much it costs to keep a person in prison per year? Who really has the right to put a value on any other persons life?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff