Welcome to Gaia! ::

X3

X3 1 100.0% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 >

Greetings ED.

Military Wives, Military Girlfriends, welcome. Individuals whom have families in the military from all around.

Light Discussion:
What are your views on war? Do you feel that it is worth it?

Light Discussion:
Military wives/girlfriends, have you had to deal with your significant other deploying? Are they active or reserves? How did you cope with your loved one being sent overseas?

Dapper Reveler

Fanatical Zealot

What about non-military wives and girlfriends?

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Or military husbands and boyfriends? Women serve just like men do.

Dapper Reveler

Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1
No they don't.
Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1

Indeed they do.

Fanatical Zealot

Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1

Mhhm.

Well, I figure I'm against war, but I think sometimes the best solution to ending war is war. xp

When a village of old men stone a woman to death it's a massacre; it's only a fight when she throws a stone back.

Similarly, war is is only caused by struggle, a fight, when one side doesn't just automatically win over the over. It's a prolonged dispute instead of a slaughter. Whether you're the defender or the aggressor, the only purpose of war is for war to end; to achieve whatever your primary objective is, be it defense or to hurt innocent people. The only reason people fight is to end fighting, whether you want to do harm or prevent harm. So, it's not the worst option available.

Somebodies got to do it, just like being a Doctor or Garbage man, no matter how bad, hard, nasty or terrible it becomes.

If someone takes it upon themselves to volunteer and do it, despite the hardships and difficulties, it's hard to see them as anything else but a good person.
digi-iiro
Greetings ED.

Military Wives, Military Girlfriends, welcome. Individuals whom have families in the military from all around.

Light Discussion:
What are your views on war? Do you feel that it is worth it?

Light Discussion:
Military wives/girlfriends, have you had to deal with your significant other deploying? Are they active or reserves? How did you cope with your loved one being sent overseas?

The military isn't solely about conflicts (war) and I would like to assume you're aware of this. However, is it simply that per your discussion, it's part of your main focus of the topic?

Friendly Bud

Avgvsto
Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1
No they don't.
Oh yes they do

Hallowed Wench

Naroni
Avgvsto
Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1
No they don't.
Oh yes they do
Except for the lower physical standards, not being able to have some jobs, being pulled back to shower when deployed, targeted for sexual assault more, etc... Women serve but not exactly in the same way.

Friendly Bud

Umbral_Necropolitan
Naroni
Avgvsto
Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1
No they don't.
Oh yes they do
Except for the lower physical standards, not being able to have some jobs, being pulled back to shower when deployed, targeted for sexual assault more, etc... Women serve but not exactly in the same way.
They still serve.
They still sacrifice years away from their families, the same way.
Umbral_Necropolitan
Naroni
Avgvsto
Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1
No they don't.
Oh yes they do

Lower standards as you call it or even requirements on a PT test etc. doesn't mean female military personnel don't do above the standards because many can and do. Many female military personal can out perform males in general and score higher range 300s. A set standard doesn't determine a female military personnel's capability, it's only a standard that anyone can go above.

Many jobs have and are opening up. Pulled back to shower? No, females don't get pulled back to shower. If you stink, you stink and that goes for both genders. Both, regardless of gender, can use something so simple as baby wipes in their hygiene pack.

Targeted for sexual assault? Male sexual assault is higher, but under reported due to social stigma, but more and more males are reporting now.

I'm sick of the male ego who down plays a female military personnel service in the armed forces. I know and met plenty of female service members who have been involved in actual combat then the ones who sit in front a Tv playing Call of Duty or whatever games the kids play these days. You don't speak for female military members. You don't have the right. You're very disrespectful.

Let someone TRY to downplay any female military personnel's service in my presence and I'll rip them apart.

You could get a little bit of action while your man is away wink

Hallowed Wench

-x- Military Officer -x-
Umbral_Necropolitan
Naroni
Avgvsto
Mik Laid
Suicidesoldier#1
No they don't.
Oh yes they do

Lower standards as you call it or even requirements on a PT test etc. doesn't mean female military personnel don't do above the standards because many can and do. Many female military personal can out perform males in general and score higher range 300s. A set standard doesn't determine a female military personnel's capability, it's only a standard that anyone can go above.

Many jobs have and are opening up. Pulled back to shower? No, females don't get pulled back to shower. If you stink, you stink and that goes for both genders. Both, regardless of gender, can use something so simple as baby wipes in their hygiene pack.

Targeted for sexual assault? Male sexual assault is higher, but under reported due to social stigma, but more and more males are reporting now.

I'm sick of the male ego who down plays a female military personnel service in the armed forces. I know and met plenty of female service members who have been involved in actual combat then the ones who sit in front a Tv playing Call of Duty or whatever games the kids play these days. You don't speak for female military members. You don't have the right. You're very disrespectful.

Let someone TRY to downplay any female military personnel's service in my presence and I'll rip them apart.

When did they change the showering situation? They were doing that at least until 2008. Jobs are opening up yes, but they still are not allowed to do some of them. I don't think it is fair but neither is life.

I'm not a guy, so yea not a male ego. I just stated they serve differently, not just like men.

As for disrespectful, you didn't even bother reading my post in its context. Why should anyone listen to someone who spews garbage from their keyboard without even having the basic reading skills. Try and rip me apart internet tough (illiterate) guy.

User Image
Umbral_Necropolitan
-x- Military Officer -x-
Umbral_Necropolitan
Naroni
Avgvsto
No they don't.
Oh yes they do

When did they change the showering situation? They were doing that at least until 2008. Jobs are opening up yes, but they still are not allowed to do some of them. I don't think it is fair but neither is life.

I'm not a guy, so yea not a male ego. I just stated they serve differently, not just like men.

As for disrespectful, you didn't even bother reading my post in its context. Why should anyone listen to someone who spews garbage from their keyboard without even having the basic reading skills. Try and rip me apart internet tough (illiterate) guy.

User Image

You made statements and I corrected them. Also, you don't need to be a biological male to perpetuate the same way of ignorant thinking or perception of female military personnel. You're very disrespectful. Garbage? No, it's called actually knowing. Internet tough? No, but tough? Yes. I stand up against ignorant remarks such as yours and those like you. Good job with trying to put me down with your illiterate remark. How typical of people like you.

Ignorance is bliss. Keep being that way, but you're still wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff