Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Old Blue Collar Joe
Where do folks get the idea that building a reliable firearm is extremely difficult or hard to do? If one has access to a mill, a lathe, a heating torch and some patience, one can make a very nice firearm.
Ammo is even easier to do.

The sale of materials used to produce powder charges for firearm ammunition is as tightly controlled as pre-produced ammunition itself in the UK. Again, it is restricted to those who own firearm licences.

You could very well have people producing weapons in the UK. However, judging from the prevalence of converted replica firearms intended to shoot blanks in criminal incidents, the practice of gunsmithing is very, very sparse.

You forget about the IRA in Britain don't you?

You guys just want that to go away; nope, they never had guns, couldn't possibly get them into Britain.
Firearms laws in Ireland are a little more lax.

And yet we see the distribution in Britain no doubt.

It forces one to question.
Maybe, "How hard is it to drive a car from Ireland to Northern Ireland and/or pilot a boat between Ireland and Scotland?"

Mhhm.

I mean I can see gun crime going down in a single city on an Island in the middle of nowhere under the right situations if guns are banned by an all oppressive all bearing government but...

They still have an equivalent amount of knife crime which is scary as hell- maybe in East Lindsey the crime is down but in the west, from what I hear people are afraid to walk down alley ways- they just don't.

But one does have to question how hard it is to drive a car from Ireland to Northern Ireland...
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

You guys just want that to go away; nope, they never had guns, couldn't possibly get them into Britain.

Maybe, "How hard is it to drive a car from Ireland to Northern Ireland and/or pilot a boat between Ireland and Scotland?"

Mhhm.

I mean I can see gun crime going down in a single city on an Island in the middle of nowhere under the right situations if guns are banned by an all oppressive all bearing government but...

They still have an equivalent amount of knife crime which is scary as hell- maybe in East Lindsey the crime is down but in the west, from what I hear people are afraid to walk down alley ways- they just don't.

But one does have to question how hard it is to drive a car from Ireland to Northern Ireland...
They aren't banned. Just strongly controlled.

It's not hard at all to drive from one t'other.

Fanatical Zealot

The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

Mhhm.

It's pretty much illegal to have one in public.

Still, it doesn't really solve the issue of crimes, just criminals having them.

Which most even don't.

I mean most burglars don't, and if they do they leave it in their car- it's cause you get caught with it you're in a heep of trouble, and what good is it going to do you other than being annoying to carry around and get you caught even if you shoot someone in the house- they'd just shoot you or call 9/11 so I mean, if they catch you and you shoot them anyways you're caught.

Most criminals are opportunists anyways; but don't get me wrong, most offenders are repeat offenders.

That's why self defense weapons are generally considered applicable primarily to civilians.

I don't really see a problem with concealed carry- it also acts a security blanket for the rest of society sense you never know who's packing- the stereotype of a Grandma with a smith and wesson makes everyone think twice.

Also I imagine it would be pretty easy, so the distribution of guns would be pretty easy even though they are separated by water. O_o
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

Mhhm.

It's pretty much illegal to have one in public.

Still, it doesn't really solve the issue of crimes, just criminals having them.

Which most even don't.

I mean most burglars don't, and if they do they leave it in their car- it's cause you get caught with it you're in a heep of trouble, and what good is it going to do you other than being annoying to carry around and get you caught even if you shoot someone in the house- they'd just shoot you or call 9/11 so I mean, if they catch you and you shoot them anyways you're caught.

Most criminals are opportunists anyways; but don't get me wrong, most offenders are repeat offenders.

That's why self defense weapons are generally considered applicable primarily to civilians.

I don't really see a problem with concealed carry- it also acts a security blanket for the rest of society sense you never know who's packing- the stereotype of a Grandma with a smith and wesson makes everyone think twice.

Also I imagine it would be pretty easy, so the distribution of guns would be pretty easy even though they are separated by water. O_o
Gun running need not happen in public.

Ireland and Northern Ireland are separated by a border, not water. Getting guns into the UK is as simple as driving from Dublin to Belfast.
http://www.wsfa.com/story/17997141/13-year-old-suspect-killed-during-robbery

I feel bad for the guy that was defending himself. The parents of the shot? Nah. What is their 13 year old doing out that time of night running around?
http://www.uscca.us/ccr/view_post.php?postId=737

And...another scumbag bites the dust. The world just got a bit better.
The only world without crime is a world without people. So as long as there are people people will need to deffend them self from other people.
Old Blue Collar Joe

hell yea ******** that ******** head.
theothermanoverthere
Old Blue Collar Joe

I have absolutely no issue with her doing that. As far as I'm concerned, she was entirely in the right and there is no issue with this at all. Self defense for the win!!
Old Blue Collar Joe
theothermanoverthere
Old Blue Collar Joe

I have absolutely no issue with her doing that. As far as I'm concerned, she was entirely in the right and there is no issue with this at all. Self defense for the win!!
I agree 100%. Don't want to die don't ******** do something to get shot for.
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Old Blue Collar Joe
No, all it does is show, in high density area's, it has some effect, but population density has to be included, and taking away peoples rights to defend themselves is one more step toward tyranny.

Defending themselves from whom? This is what I always find the most curious. You've got a few situations. There's defending yourself from:

- The general public
- The government

Now, I've always looked at it thus: the general public only need a gun to be protected from if they also have access to guns. The government, however, needs far more than a gun to be protected from.

So in a society with no gun ownership and very few illegal firearms in circulation, who exactly are guns protecting me from?

"the general public only need a gun to be protected from if they also have access to guns." -
Incorrect. Most gun related crimes are not committed by people using legally obtained guns. Even if guns were illegal, criminals would still have access to guns, but law-abiding citizens would have no means to protect themselves.
Additionally, let's say you were 5'1" and 110 lbs soaking wet and in a wheelchair due to total leg paralysis, being assaulted by someone who, while unarmed, is 6'2" and 210 lbs of pure muscle. If I was the small person, I would be happier if I had a legal protection available to me.
Removing all guns is not only not feasible, but it ignores the issue of not everyone has the same natural ability to defend themselves.

"The government, however, needs far more than a gun to be protected from." -
Partially Correct. True, no amount of traditional firearms is going to save you if the government decides you must be taken out. However, I would prefer some protection to no protection. A heavily armed population is a strong deterrent towards government control, because ultimately we do still pay government paychecks. If they bomb ALL of us, then they won't have anyone to pay their bills.

I cannot help but reflect on:
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

As far as I can tell, if we want to be a free society, we should do everything possible to encourage all aspects of personal responsibility, which includes personal safety. It is up to the individual, not government, to decide if that includes purchasing a firearm for protection or not.
theothermanoverthere
Old Blue Collar Joe
theothermanoverthere
Old Blue Collar Joe

Well, I can't pull the pity the poor person who got shot routine. I have no sense of loss, merely one of profound improvement of society as a whole. Seven time felon? Already raped this woman once?
Her action just made the world a safer place, and protected herself and others from the same violent assault she suffered.
Old Blue Collar Joe
theothermanoverthere
Old Blue Collar Joe
theothermanoverthere
Old Blue Collar Joe

Well, I can't pull the pity the poor person who got shot routine. I have no sense of loss, merely one of profound improvement of society as a whole. Seven time felon? Already raped this woman once?
Her action just made the world a safer place, and protected herself and others from the same violent assault she suffered.
Yep

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Suicidesoldier#1

They did not build the Guns

they "imported" them from the US and Libya.

Fanatical Zealot

Comrade Texada Wolf
Suicidesoldier#1

They did not build the Guns

they "imported" them from the US and Libya.

They primarily came from China and Russia.

The U.S. does not produce fully automatic Ak-47's, for instance.

Also fully automatic AR-18's were being produced in Japan and South America.

The few for testing in the U.S. were hand made and the company shut down and the design was taken by Eugine Stoner to other parts of the world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff