Sometimes. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 15 ]
Rarely. 0.4 40.0% [ 22 ]
Yur mom! 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 3 ]
POLL!!! 0.2 20.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Invisible Senshi

they can get away with it.

Zultim was at work. (Yesterday) She greeted an elderly customer who said he wanted ########### and a ###########. ...Long story short, he changed his mind twice... So after she got everything he wanted on the counter, he put his hands on his hips and told her that she better learn English. He know more English than her and he wuh from anoth' country! LOLZ!!! You better learn this language, woman! Zultim's eyebrows raised in surprise. She asked if that's what he wanted. He looked at the employee standing nearby and said, (I'm not kidding. I am quoting that loser) "Even this Mexican knows more English than you. I know we can be friends, you and I." After giving an awkward handshake he stormed off and Zultim went to assist another customer. A minute later, he came back. He called her over and said he wanted a straw. She turned to pick one up and he said, "Nevermind! You don't understand English! HAHAHA!" She tried to hand him the straw anyway, but he called the other employee over and asked him for one.

At first, I was too surprised to even think about it. But now...

So...do you think it's okay to be the rude customer?
Do you welcome a customer's unnecessary emotions/behavior?

For the ones who are okay with surveys...
-Do you think customers act the way they do because they know they can get away with it? (Always remember: the customer is always right!)
-Have you ever dealt with a mean customer? Were you insulted? Did you continue to smile?
-Have you ever been the mean customer?
-Have you seen someone getting upset with an employee for almost no reason at all?
-Do you think they would act the same way toward you if you were not behind the counter/working? (Like the eye rolling, talking like you can't do anything right...etc.)
-In your opinion, is it okay to be the rude customer?
-Any comments, questions, ideas, thoughts?

I am pretty eager to see what you guys think! >=D

Quotable Prophet

No, no. See, an angry customer is what I was when I stormed into a Best Buy ready to scream because the delivery service for appliances I purchased there found a way to screw up my order for the fifth time in a row over the course of three weeks.

What you had there was a d**k customer, who was doing s**t for lulz and to see you react.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Some people are assholes and will try to get a rise out of you because your hands and tongue are tied while you're on the clock. It's best to seem unaffected and try to kill them with kindness. They will lose interest when they realize they have no sway over your emotions, or they'll go into full-blown harassment mode, in which case your manager will hopefully ask them to leave the store.

I'm always very kind and patient with customer service workers. I've been in their place and I know how people will expect them to read minds or control company policy way over their head, and I sympathize.

Invisible Senshi

Nobody Famous
No, no. See, an angry customer is what I was when I stormed into a Best Buy ready to scream because the delivery service for appliances I purchased there found a way to screw up my order for the fifth time in a row over the course of three weeks.

What you had there was a d**k customer, who was doing s**t for lulz and to see you react.

Oh, yes. There is a difference! (It's pretty obvious after you explained it. D: )
And that guy? I KNOW he must have liked my reaction. I kept my smile on my face and he just kept going and going. Like he wanted me to feel bad or something; that jerk.
(I will make a few changes with my post)

Invisible Senshi

Yoshpet
Some people are assholes and will try to get a rise out of you because your hands and tongue are tied while you're on the clock. It's best to seem unaffected and try to kill them with kindness. They will lose interest when they realize they have no sway over your emotions, or they'll go into full-blown harassment mode, in which case your manager will hopefully ask them to leave the store.

I'm always very kind and patient with customer service workers. I've been in their place and I know how people will expect them to read minds or control company policy way over their head, and I sympathize.

I will keep your kill them with kindness words in mind! =D
I wonder if I can get someone to enter the harassment mode if I am really, really, really nice...?

It's so weird how some people are just...ugh!
They act like people who are working are the dumbest creatures out there; like it's okay to show no respect toward another person. It proves that many people have no conscience. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I yelled at someone because they're not selling my favorite nail polish. >=I

Unbeatable Survivor

19,450 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
He was wrong for his behavior. You did the correct reply by not turning the event into a big thing and wasting your energy.

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

these situations don't seem to happen much in my life. if they are happening a lot then, well, it might be you who is at fault, what else can I say. LoL

Invisible Senshi

Vexen Kioku no kagi
He was wrong for his behavior. You did the correct reply by not turning the event into a big thing and wasting your energy.

It's good to know that I did not make it worse lol...I couldn't really do anything; all I knew that you can't really be mean or whatever to a customer...even if they were asking for it.
I wonder what makes people act that way???

Invisible Senshi

CubeMelonClock

these situations don't seem to happen much in my life. if they are happening a lot then, well, it might be you who is at fault, what else can I say. LoL

Oh. Then you must be surrounded by peaceful people; what else can I say. LoL.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

I always try to be polite in the store. Generally, the person you're dealing with is a grunt with no more say-so over the rules than you have.

However, I believe that what makes customers act like entitlement minded douche bags is the piss poor customer service we get nowadays. I can remember going to a Radioshack years ago and asking them to replace my watch's dead battery. The guy behind the counter said he could only do it if I could open the watch myself because they were no longer permitted to open up watches due to liability.

I've never forgotten that experience.

User Image

Invisible Senshi

Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

I always try to be polite in the store. Generally, the person you're dealing with is a grunt with no more say-so over the rules than you have.

However, I believe that what makes customers act like entitlement minded douche bags is the piss poor customer service we get nowadays. I can remember going to a Radioshack years ago and asking them to replace my watch's dead battery. The guy behind the counter said he could only do it if I could open the watch myself because they were no longer permitted to open up watches due to liability.

User Image

...So if the companies changed their rules and made the customers happier...customers would be nicer?

I don't mean to sound like I'm being disrespectful...but...I cannot believe that. Even if the customers are happier, there will still be the same number who will come in and make sure they raise a fuss over nothing. Some people are like that. (What I'm saying is that I don't think changing the liability and policies will change anything. I saw a woman yell at an employee at Walmart because they did not have the zirconium ring she wanted. She was one of the few who might go to a store just to let steam off...but I do see that you made some sense...)
Listen, there's a reason the Good Lord ain't never made me work a desk. Get an attitude with me ******** I dare you. I will come up over this desk like a phoenix. Ca-CAWWW.
Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

User Image

Some dumbass has to ruin it for everyone, dude probably kept scratching up Rollies

Invisible Senshi

PureCocainePureCocaine
Listen, there's a reason the Good Lord ain't never made me work a desk. Get an attitude with me ******** I dare you. I will come up over this desk like a phoenix. Ca-CAWWW.

Whoa, that made me laugh. I had to get up and walk it off lol
I think it's best to work with people at least once...you might have to deal with them one day. D:
People will always have bad attitudes...
Zultim

So...do you think it's okay to be the rude customer?

It depends sometimes it is the only thing that works to get them to do their jobs. Also what someone may perceive as rude may be his normal behavior or that person does not think of as rude. In some cultures it is taught to look a person in the face or to look downward when speaking with those that are your elders. To you that may seem rude, but it was how they where raised. Then there is the fact words can be taken out of context and what that person says and what you hear while the words are the same you get a different meaning or respond to the tone or inflections of that persons voice making you think of them as rude. Then there is the fact that as a person dealing with a mental disability myself understand that their are people that can not help sounding or being rude.

Do you welcome a customer's unnecessary emotions/behavior?

Sure it makes me able to connect better and allows me not to think of them as impersonal robotic entities. As long as it is not too disruptive I had to deal with people crying so badly because of some reason or other where you can not understand what the problem is and dealt with it.

Do you think customers act the way they do because they know they can get away with it? (Always remember: the customer is always right!)

The customer is not always right. If you worked long enough you will understand that is true along with we refuse you service. There is only so much you can do to please a customer when it becomes to much you have to ask them to leave and not return. Most do it because they had a long and bad day and just need to respond in kind as it is a common factor if you are treated badly you will respond that way to others even if not there fault. It is why a smile produces more smiles and laughter will produce more laughter even if people do not know why they are happy.

Have you ever dealt with a mean customer?

Yes. I told him to leave as he did not want to be helped just cause a scene.

Were you insulted?

No.

Did you continue to smile?

I do not smile at work it is just not me.

Have you ever been the mean customer?

Yes. When seeing a doctor at a new clinic as a new patient they had me fill out a form and read and sign a contract. The receptionist said I had to leave a $200 deposit I am guessing since I am new they did not want me to be treated then run and not pay or something like that. Well I read the contract and that deposit fee was in it, but it said $100. I then wrote on the contract what she said and pointed out that either the receptionist was wrong or this contract is wrong, but since I signed it it is legally binding and told her I need $100 back as it was what the document said the deposit fee was $100.

Have you seen someone getting upset with an employee for almost no reason at all?

Yes. It happens to many times to give an example. A good one is coming on time so that person can get off. Yes I have seen a person get mad and explode that the next shift came exactly on time (well it was the very minute before the next shift and he had like 30 seconds before it became the next shift)

Do you think they would act the same way toward you if you were not behind the counter/working? (Like the eye rolling, talking like you can't do anything right...etc.)

No. People act differently in different settings and if it wasn't having to deal with the problem that they think you can solve they would be nicer.

In your opinion, is it okay to be the rude customer?

Yes. I got off a hard day work went into a restaurant and found out afterwards the had a service fee added to the bill. I ordered and new the exact price of my food. There was no sign saying such fee is being charged. I left a good tip, but ended up taking it back. I went to the cashier and started yelling at them in front of incoming customers. That there is no sign saying a service fee is being charged, what if I had enough just for what I ordered and not some hidden fee. If you can't pay your workers from charging outrageous prices for the food say so I into charity. See this is the tip I left, you service fee is much less, but I am not paying for some hidden fee you spring on us customers I want to speak to your manager. I told them I paying such prices to be served the food itself does not cost that much and let them know they should have just added the service fee to the price of the food.

Any comments, questions, ideas, thoughts?

Me and my friends where annoying to a waitress as we where drunk and ordering pots of coffee and snacks to sober up she smiled and joked back and was an all around great waitress that put up with 5 annoying drunk guys and while she may have thought oh my god why me she did not show it and smiled and even played along on being hit on.

At the end each of us took out $50 totaling up $250 on a bill that was a little less than $60 and left it as a tip with a note this is for you for dealing with us drunk guys and making us laugh and smile.

I think it is alright to be rude, but if you get served with a smile and what you wanted or problem is taken care of be nice and thank them some

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff