Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

The integration of Teenagers into this form of life is a direct result of the market economy imposed upon them. Culture is now influenced and completely integrated with the economy- people don't buy a pair of jeans or a leather studded belt, they buy a life style. Is an EMO someone with a leather studded belt or someone with emotional problems; is a preppy someone with a 'prep-school' attitude or a polo?

Hair styles, T-shirts, and even shoes are all a direct representation of how someone is, not about how they are or how they act. It's buy this phone, be this person, not your this person buy this phone- as if buying a phone had s**t to do with personalities in the first place.

People develop a life style, and then use that to sell products. Simple as that.

Teenagers, unfortunately, are a large source of 'baby income'- people who lack self control and have no self reliance, and use other people to buy everything. They are essentially the consumers, with their parents as providers, who spend all day hanging out in consumer havens. Adults have to spend a large portion of their time working, cleaning, and sleeping when they have it. Teenagers gather and congregate where?

The movies, the mall, "The Walmart", "Starbucks", some large herding center with an intent to make money and sell products. The longer major businesses find a way to keep these mindless apes jobless and bored, the longer the window of opportunity to sell cellphones, T-shirts, movies, and crap products occurs. The majority of concerts, malls, and even technological business centers are littered with advertisement and things directed towards children, especially teenagers.

Children are too stupid to go out and buy things- but adults are too busy working, cleaning, and dealing with 'stress' to go and buy things- and once their all done, they come home and rest.

Mindless adolescent youths are the integral part of our current market economy. They are bored, filled with cash from their parents, and literally sent to congregate in places of consumer herding. Advertisements are directed towards teenagers, products are, and the entire social structure of 'people' today, or should I say the inactive only stimulated by product teenagers, is controlled by the economy.

Kids listen to music from economists- they eat food from economists- they wear clothes from economists- they hang out in the sheer places designed to sell them things. Yet, people, as a whole, support this congregation in consumer life styles.

Not only that, but their 'special' for doing this, and for conforming. Teenagers used to hang out in fields or at ponds or in big fields at a place were a large projector for movies was. Now they hang out in places to buy- our places of worship and daily living have transformed into malls and restaurants and movie places.

Even music, what Jazz was and what Rock N'Roll was is now simply to sell a song to someone. No-one cares about making good food, or making good songs, or doing a good job. It's just becoming rich and famous- whatever the ends to the mean is. They care very little for what they're doing and instead focus primarily on what they'll get.

Major businesses and corporations get so much from this, that sure, they support the integration of teenagers into longer, lasting childlike humans with low maturity levels and a complete lack of self control. People who spend all day in a mall, spend all day in a mall- especially when they have the mind of a child and want the next best toy and all the candy they can buy.

If we were to change the way Teenagers work, we would be changing how our entire social fabrication and economy, now directly and quite possibly indefinitely intertwined, works.

Without it, our society would crumble.

SO GAISZ, how do we control the youth?! It's been said that he who controls the youth, controls the future. And I can ensure you, we need to continue to maintain our generation of $uckers'.

Fanatical Zealot

TL;DR- They seem to be wising up to some of our plans. What's the best way to make sure that our new generations are locked into this lifestyle to ensure the growth of our economy?
After reading your posts, I often am left wondering whether or not I could eat the amount of food I want to vomit.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Riviera de la Mancha
After reading your posts, I often am left wondering whether or not I could eat the amount of food I want to vomit.

That post earned you enough XP to level up.
Have you given any thought to what prestige class you'd like to take?

Tipsy Smoker

Don't pick on my son. sad
Chahklet

Well what did you expect from naming him your number one suicide soldier?
- eek
CuAnnan
Riviera de la Mancha

That post earned you enough XP to level up.
Have you given any thought to what prestige class you'd like to take?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tipsy Smoker

Lucky~9~Lives
Chahklet

Well what did you expect from naming him your number one suicide soldier?
- eek
Not this disappointment.

Fanatical Zealot

Riviera de la Mancha

wut... I don't even...

Fanatical Zealot

Come on people, we need you to offer new solutions! biggrin

Beloved Lunatic

Riviera de la Mancha

So, the obvious question is...why do you keep reading his posts?

Beloved Lunatic

Suicidesoldier#1

I propose encouraging the youth to question everything until they even question whether or not they should question everything. I think that might solve...I dunno...something maybe...

Fanatical Zealot

from blue to
Suicidesoldier#1

I propose encouraging the youth to question everything until they even question whether or not they should question everything. I think that might solve...I dunno...something maybe...

YES.

Find some!

Two of those please. :3

Questioning the questioning, coming full circle and being like the 50's again.

GLORIOUS!

Fanatical Zealot

Riviera de la Mancha

Oh, I get what you're saying!

You're saying we should encourage belemia.

Well, we tried that once; in theory, it seems like a great idea, as you get people to go out and buy all your junk food, eat it, and then vomit it all back up AS WELL AS get them into the beauty and health products, getting both avenues of approach with the same marketing.

But you see, it kept killing a lot of them, and it became a public health concern, which as you know, means less repeat customers, who are less healthy and can't work as well, and thus produce as much money, as well as less taxes.

So, we thought we'd just cut our losses and sell to both markets independently, junk oriented and the health crazy/beauty/ insecure crowds.

It's a good idea in theory, but in practice people will usually over do one side or the other, and end up sick or dead, which means no money. cry

Fanatical Zealot

from blue to
Riviera de la Mancha

So, the obvious question is...why do you keep reading his posts?

I think he secretly likes me. :3

Or something...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas