Welcome to Gaia! ::

Votaro
Look up Ken Wilbur's study of consciousness, and look up Self Actualization, there is a connection but anyhow also, you are in part correct.

Such things are dependent on perception as are much of everything.

Metaphysical jibberjabber.

Quote:
For example: Is self defense violence or does violence only imply hurting others for fun or out of malice?

This is the bread and butter of the philosophical linguistic turn and that Wittgenstein dude I was talking about.

Shameless Giver

10,650 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
What planet are you from OP? I think it is your duty as an alien to tell us everything you possibly can about your planet. For example, do you get decent internet or cable reception?

emotion_awesome

Actually no. I couldn't didn't read the whole OP. To be honest it seemed like a whole bunch of crazyness to me.

Friendly Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
shoeless joe
Votaro
Look up Ken Wilbur's study of consciousness, and look up Self Actualization, there is a connection but anyhow also, you are in part correct.

Quote:
For example: Is self defense violence or does violence only imply hurting others for fun or out of malice?

This is the bread and butter of the philosophical linguistic turn and that Wittgenstein dude I was talking about.

No actually it works, the death of ego refers to attachments the self holds to the way things are or how one is used to seeing things or believing things, it's not new age jibberjabber.

You can't move on without a death of ego, however you learn to experience ego deaths without holding any resistance, then the problem is alleviated and you can actually live your life free of depression and feelings of hatred towards people.
Love Muffin88

Actually no. I couldn't didn't read the whole OP. To be honest it seemed like a whole bunch of crazyness to me.

it was literally the musings of an idiot college kid.
Votaro

No actually it works, the death of ego refers to attachments the self holds to the way things are or how one is used to seeing things or believing things, it's not new age jibberjabber.

it is jibber jabber because you haven't said anything.
Votaro
shoeless joe
Votaro

Quote:

You can't move on without a death of ego, however you learn to experience ego deaths without holding any resistance, then the problem is alleviated and you can actually live your life free of depression and feelings of hatred towards people.

This is metaphysical jibberjabber. It cannot possibly be empirically verified.
Votaro
shoeless joe
Votaro

Quote:

Sounds to me like someone is trying to rewrite the works of Gautama. Pray tell, why do they need any further content?
shoeless joe
Votaro
shoeless joe
Votaro

Quote:

To me it simply sounds like he is just talking about a severing of a person from a given value of belief. A needlessly termy description perhaps, but hardly unverifiable(unless you want to be of a solipsistic nature).
The Willow Of Darkness
shoeless joe
Votaro
shoeless joe
Votaro

Quote:

To me it simply sounds like he is just talking about a severing of a person from a given value of belief. A needlessly termy description perhaps, but hardly unverifiable(unless you want to be of a solipsistic nature).

Bolded for relevance.
shoeless joe
The Willow Of Darkness
shoeless joe
Votaro
shoeless joe

Bolded for relevance.

Oh, I see. redface

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
argumentum ad populum
Yoshpet
Evil is a part of human nature

What does this mean?

PEOPLE ARE DICKS.

Friendly Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
shoeless joe
The Willow Of Darkness
shoeless joe
Votaro
shoeless joe

Bolded for relevance.
LOL, I feel no hate and don't get depressed, if I come to a rough point all I have to do is ask myself what the choices are and why I am having a hard time choosing or if I am actually seeing all the choices I have. Rather than getting depressed I simply just have a moment of deep contemplation. The point of the matter is, I need start relatively fresh in order to truly advance. I need only focus on the nature behind the meaning of the word philosophy (Love Of Wisdom)

Friendly Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
FearlessDictator
argumentum ad populum
Yoshpet
Evil is a part of human nature

What does this mean?

PEOPLE ARE DICKS.

In the spirit of your comment and name

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I would have to disagree, sir. Potatoes are quite personable.

Also, Apergers is not a reason to form your ideals, nor should you use it as a crutch.

I don't feel comfortable saying this, but we as a society take the phrase "misery loves company" to heart a good deal more than we own up to. Having survived the American culture, I would say many are not ignorant, but just uneducated on how to promote and provoke change.
However, if you look around the world, those places where education is focused on most prominently, the cultures and attitudes of the people are much more agreeable.
In using the word agreeable, I specifically refer to consideration of self, consideration of others, understanding, and tolerance. A general manner of agreeability.

Take a look at this website, and its sub-links. http://www.hedweb.com/

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

MarcelineLeVampireReine

tererun the horrifying

The Willow Of Darkness

shoeless joe

Yoshpet

argumentum ad populum

Blind Guardian the 2nd

Lesser Tile

Quick Reply

Submit