Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Life need not be chaotic, however as human beings currently are, there is a dependency for suffering and chaos, for without it as we currently are, we'd not have any basis for appreciating the good that comes to us in life. In order to replace our method of appreciating the good in life, we need only view such things with awe, to see the trees and wildlife as sustenance and beauty and through that perception find great reason to appreciate it, that is how we need to evolve.

Walking the path to making world peace a possibility, starts with everyone changing their perceptions and dropping their dependency for chaos and suffering. We need hold virtues above what we are expected to conform to and what law demands of us. For allowing sheer virtues to guide us, is simply more balanced than any religion can offer.

I believe that world peace is possible because I love the human race with all my heart and believe in it. I respect each individual's ability to change for the better, and just thinking of that trait within humanity, brings water to my eyes and fills me with hope for it. Above all else, I believe that the human ability to change for the better deserves more respect than any other, even the human ability to love for some don't have it and for them, it is changing for the better that can change even that.

I spend my days thinking and building a philosophical system that can inspire people and teach them various things that would alter their perceptions and beliefs removing the things that keep them from allowing world peace to become a possibility. When people see someone they deem as evil, I see a person who rather than being evil, was simply subjected to evil influences and the temptation of anti-virtues such as malice, greed, and primitive lacking of self control. My head aches from excessive thought and I crave allies for my cause. Because of the observations I've made, I'm a counter-cultural Philosopher who holds Virtues as the superior foundation for influences rather than ego.

Counter Cultural Philosophy is the philosophy I myself believe in. From many things I've come to see I've gained reason to believe that we as a people are simply culturally corrupt. I may be far different then other people, and I may not be able to understand other people, however this has equipped me with reasoning to try and understand them. Through the search I've found many features within the average human's mind-frame that are simply chaotic. People are so attached to their cultural corruptions that they are unable to truly think outside the box. This here keeps them from addressing important subjects such as how to make world peace a possibility. People's perceptions need to change, for that a change of culture is necessary.

For example, the human nature of deceit in every day actions. I can't read body language, therefore I do my best to simply encourage others to be open, honest, sincere and straightforward with me. This here has very little of an effect, as they completely ignore it and then act as if it is my fault when I am unable to read their body language. The subconscious Justification that is used is actually quite obvious, they are used to depending on it, who am I to ask them to stop?

Many things that work as societal influences go unquestioned or simply are not questioned enough. If something has a large amount of data and is a societal influence, don't decide on settling for a too long didn't read attitude and tolerate it blindly, that is ignorance and that is dangerous. I am of course referring to books deemed as life guide books. Sure it may be bold for me to approach this sort of subject, however I don't have the filters of thought and perception you have, controversy to me is just like any other subject, I don't allow it to work on me as if it were a no trespassing sign, nor can I understand how some people have that programmed into their subconsciousness as if they were born with it.
Why is it that supposed counter cultural people are really just as smug and annoying as the other religious assholes out there? oh yeah, it is because they are not really counter culture, but actually just a slight variation on the culture they hate that runs parallel to the people they speak against. Don't go with those lying assholes, believe in my lies because I am an a*****e too.

Now go ******** yourself hipster and do something more useful like flip burgers for mcDonalds or change the litter box.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Humans do not incite chaos to remind themselves of the value and beauty of life. The very notion is contradictory. How can you enact the opposite of something you've forgotten, all for the sake of remembering?

No, I think humans fall prey to baser instincts and justify their mistakes instead of making amends. It's the refusal to admit our faults and reign them in that creates evil. I don't think awareness alone can resolve this issue: we have documented and waged a war on evil since time immemorial and yet it persists in all the same forms.

Evil is a part of human nature and all we can do is try to keep our own hearts at bay.

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
tererun the horrifying
Why is it that supposed counter cultural people are really just as smug and annoying as the other religious assholes out there? oh yeah, it is because they are not really counter culture, but actually just a slight variation on the culture they hate that runs parallel to the people they speak against. Don't go with those lying assholes, believe in my lies because I am an a*****e too.

Now go ******** yourself hipster and do something more useful like flip burgers for mcDonalds or change the litter box.
No, I have asperger's, therefore I am equipped with the sort of mind that true counter-cultural-ism can be realized through. I can't understand the way people think and have found that my best route is to not conform, after all, no matter how much I would conform, it would never change my inability to understand the average human being and their seemingly infinite lack of logical thought and chaotic perceptions.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Votaro
No, I have asperger's, therefore I am equipped with the sort of mind that true counter-cultural-ism can be realized through. I can't understand the way people think and have found that my best route is to not conform, after all, no matter how much I would conform, it would never change my inability to understand the average human being and their seemingly infinite lack of logical thought and chaotic perceptions.

To be clear:

Non-conformity only applies to decisions and acts. It cannot apply to naturalised elements of the individual such as sexual orientation, skin color, or any disorders.

Even then, non-conformity =/= counter-culture.
*ugh* I tuned out the moment you started to refer to human beings as if you were not one.

And counter-culture? Talk about one of the most exhausted platitudes ever...
Yoshpet
Evil is a part of human nature

What does this mean?

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Yoshpet
Humans do not incite chaos to remind themselves of the value and beauty of life. The very notion is contradictory. How can you enact the opposite of something you've forgotten, all for the sake of remembering?

No, I think humans fall prey to baser instincts and justify their mistakes instead of making amends. It's the refusal to admit our faults and reign them in that creates evil. I don't think awareness alone can resolve this issue: we have documented and waged a war on evil since time immemorial and yet it persists in all the same forms.

Evil is a part of human nature and all we can do is try to keep our own hearts at bay.
I was simply stating that it is our dependence on chaos and suffering that sub-consciously causes us to deny alternatives that could free us from such dependencies. Also the human ego has a major role in this.

When it comes to ignorance, it is way too glorified, ignorance is not bliss, it is chaotic consequences in waiting, after all what you don't know can indeed come to harm you.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
argumentum ad populum
Yoshpet

What does this mean?

It means that humans are prone to inciting negative emotional reactions from each other and themselves. We are our own worst enemy.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Votaro
I was simply stating that it is our dependence on chaos and suffering that sub-consciously causes us to deny alternatives that could free us from such dependencies. Also the human ego has a major role in this.

When it comes to ignorance, it is way too glorified, ignorance is not bliss, it is chaotic consequences in waiting, after all what you don't know can indeed come to harm you.

We are not dependent on chaos and suffering. The denial of alternatives is done because of justification for our sins as opposed to making amends. People can rationalize and justify even the worst things, but that doesn't mean that we are reliant on those things.

"Ignorance is bliss" is a sarcastic remark meant to deride the so-called ignorant. No one actually considers stupidity a virtue, despite so much of the public around you seeming to suffer from it.
Yoshpet
argumentum ad populum
Yoshpet

What does this mean?

It means that humans are prone to inciting negative emotional reactions from each other and themselves. We are our own worst enemy.

Then it is "capacity for evil" rather than evil itself you are stating is inherent to human life?

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
argumentum ad populum
Then it is "capacity for evil" rather than evil itself you are stating is inherent to human life?

Quite. I agree that is better phrasing.
Votaro
tererun the horrifying

having aspergers does not make you counter cultural. At best it makes you anti-social and mentally crippled. At worst you are just one of the many people who really do not have anything wrong with them, but like to be diagnosed with the latest mental problem. my guess is on the latter.

At any rate, you are just alternative culture not counter culture. your entire rant is that of a teenager who wishes they were special, but really is just spouting bullshit. grow the ******** up, and stop trying to pretend you are a philosopher with that load of contrived bullshit. Seriously, stick to writing depressing poetry like other teenagers until your pubes come in.
Votaro
Yoshpet

Teranslation: i got aspergers and that means i am special so shut up and stop telling me the truth that I am just your average idiot teenager who is falsely diagnosed with the mental disorder of the week so my shrink can prescribe me meds and charge me more money.

You are not special, and if you have aspergers you are a ******** retard with better PR.

if people started using honest terms for things like autism and ADD and just called them retards no one would want to have those diseases and be proud of it like this ******** stupid teenage t**t.

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
tererun the horrifying
Votaro
tererun the horrifying

having aspergers does not make you counter cultural. At best it makes you anti-social and mentally crippled. At worst you are just one of the many people who really do not have anything wrong with them, but like to be diagnosed with the latest mental problem. my guess is on the latter.

At any rate, you are just alternative culture not counter culture. your entire rant is that of a teenager who wishes they were special, but really is just spouting bullshit. grow the ******** up, and stop trying to pretend you are a philosopher with that load of contrived bullshit. Seriously, stick to writing depressing poetry like other teenagers until your pubes come in.
I am 23 and such ignorance to state that I am a teenager? Not only does such ignorance make the validity of everything else you are saying laughable, but it also allows me to see your bias and ego. The word Philosophy translates into love of wisdom, and wisdom does not come with age as most people believe but it in fact depends on observations and experiences being analysed into lessons for us to evolve on. Regardless of your reply having all of it's details being self-defeated by each-other, I simply feel sorry for your chaotic attachment to your cultural corruption.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff