Obama and healthcare reform:

He is telling the truth, trust him. 0.18095238095238 18.1% [ 19 ]
He is a politician; be somewhat skeptical. 0.5047619047619 50.5% [ 53 ]
Healthcare is not in the cards. 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 5 ]
We need to get our facts straight. 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24 > >>

Lyrika the Lunatic
Obama did not lie: illegal immigrants will not be covered.

H.R. 3200, pg. 143
3 SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED
4 ALIENS.
5 Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments
6 for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are
7 not lawfully present in the United States.

Joe Wilson is the liar.

Thank you for your informative post, Lyrika.
Roofie Colada
HelloNoora
LDS
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/07/palin-obamas-death-panel_n_254399.html
no, she said that his "death panels" will be killing babies and old people.

I prefer Puffington Huffington. She is a more reliable source.

User Image

Ms. Puffington Huffington, the kitten heart

God you are such a ******** troll.

I think you had a few too many roofies in your colada. The point I am making is that the Huffington Post is not an unbiased source. Name calling is not a valid argument.
Cheshire6
Who?

Are you Roofie Colada and Whatever happened to LSD?

Oh, wait you mean who the heck is "Joe Wilson." *shrugs* Let me google. brb
SC Representative, Joe Wilson's official website is down due to a bombardment of hits since his outburst last night. Thus we will have to make due with Wiki for the moment.
Obama is speaking again this morning right now for anyone who can tune it to listen.
HelloNoora
SC Representative, Joe Wilson's official website is down due to a bombardment of hits since his outburst last night. Thus we will have to make due with Wiki for the moment.

HelloNoora
Obama is speaking again this morning right now for anyone who can tune it to listen.

Noora, my political commentator : D
And as a result, Rob Miller gets unexpected thousands in donations for next year's midterm elections.

Good job, Joe!
Let's see what the Gray Lady is saying about his speech today:

New York Times
Though Mr. Obama spoke of a plan that “incorporates ideas from many people in this room tonight, Democrats and Republicans,” he used the kind of tough, confrontational language that suggested the extent to which the White House would seek to portray Republicans as recalcitrant and standing in the face of a historical tide.

“Know this,” he said: “I will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it’s better politics to kill this plan than improve it.”

Matthew Dowd, a onetime adviser to former President George W. Bush, argued in an interview that Mr. Obama would not succeed unless he trimmed back on his plan, defying liberal Democrats and appealing to Republicans.

“You cannot sell the country on something it doesn’t want,” Mr. Dowd said.

Mr. Obama is most engaged when his back is to the wall, typically after a period of drift. Again and again throughout his career, he has risen to the occasion: The November 2007 speech at a dinner of Democrats in Iowa that put him on the road to victory there, his speech that defused the controversy over racially charged remarks by his onetime pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., even the speech he gave to Democrats at the 2004 convention in Boston that elevated him to fame.

But as he struggles with the adjustment from campaigning to governing, the battle he is trying to bring to a successful close may prove the toughest test of all.

For his first six months in Washington, Mr. Obama was carried by the momentum of the excitement of his election, by the adrenaline of dealing with the financial crisis that greeted him and by his own popularity. Now, with polls suggesting that all that is beginning to fade, and with Republicans regrouping, he is faced with a need to show that the leadership strengths he displayed as a candidate can be transferred to the office of the presidency.

He needs perhaps to cease campaigning and complaining and start being the statesman we need right now.
Cheshire6
HelloNoora

HelloNoora

Noora, my political commentator : D

Does this mean you are not Roofie Colada or Whatever Happened to LSD? 4laugh

He had some kind words for Nurses saying we have a lot of credibility. His words were to the American Nursing Association who were pleased and flattered to be hosting him.
Lucia St. James
And as a result, Rob Miller gets unexpected thousands in donations for next year's midterm elections.

Good job, Joe!

Your siggy is adorable. It is one of the few Bush things I've seen that I have found actually funny. The other is a parody of a classic Odalesque pic with VP Cheney serving "her." Let me see if I can find that one.

Here it is User Image
Comments from New York Times, OP ED this morning concerning the speech: CLICK HERE
HelloNoora

Yes Nurse Ratchet! heart
HelloNoora
Lucia St. James

Good job, Joe!

Your siggy is adorable. It is one of the few Bush things I've seen that I have found actually funny. The other is a parody of a classic Odalesque pic with VP Cheney serving "her." Let me see if I can find that one.

Here it is User Image

My faavorite internet artist for some reason in Dan Lacey, hes very creative and talented but for some reason he only wants to paint naked pictures of Obama and a unicorn.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
Can we please just not cite the Huffington post, and Dailymail and the 'Major news networks' as sources?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff