Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stop getting all pissy when a cop pulls you over they're just doing their job. SOMEONE has to enforce the law, you shouldn't hate them unless you're some kind of criminal. So much cop hate going around, is it really that big of a deal if they pull you over? Is it really that big of a deal if they pull you over and you're black/Hispanic/Whatever? No, it isn't. Because by assuming that cops are racist for pulling you over you are just criminalizing the cops and trying to come up with excuses to put you in the right and them in the wrong.

Tldr; It's bullshit how you complain and b***h about those who keep you safe. You people do the same thing with soldiers, placing blame on them for maybe killing civilians. THEYRE DOING THEIR JOB AND SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT.
I don't get in trouble with the law and I still think cops are retarded assholes. No one NEEDS to enforce laws, societies do a good job of that all on their own. Look at the experiment they did in Drachten where they removed all of the traffic signs and lights and the amount of accidents decreased. When people are forced to actually think about how their actions effect them and others they spend more time worrying about the consequences. All police do it make it so people think to themselves "Well, that's what the police are for."

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Ice Dervish
Stop getting all pissy when a cop pulls you over they're just doing their job.

Not so much so, no.
When cops beat the s**t out of people for "giving them attitude", they are not doing their job.
When cops harrass minorities, whether ethnic or otherwise, knowing that the state will defend their actions, they are not doing their job.
There is no shortage of evidence of police corruption nor is it the minority or the exception. It is the norm. While I do not believe that power corrupts, I do believe that it attracts the corruptible.
The police are above the law, which is a violation of natural justice for, in order for justice to be done it must be seen to be done. When a cop abuses his or her power in any manner, the fullest possible punishment should be levvied against them. Instead, what we see is endemic corruption in the police force, the judicial system closing ranks and essentially the mockery of justice that is the western legal system is made transparent.
That you seem to be patently unaware of this is somewhat worrying.

The Ice Dervish
Tldr; It's bullshit how you complain and b***h about those who keep you safe. You people do the same thing with soldiers, placing blame on them for maybe killing civilians. THEYRE DOING THEIR JOB AND SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT.

They don't keep us safe.
They provide the illusion of safety.
The thin blue line is one of the most obvious demonstrations of consensual reality.
Right, which is why Black and Latino men are disproportionately questioned and have run ins with law enforcement. Has nothing to do with race, amirite? Grow the ******** up.

I don't hate cops. I DO HOWEVER scrutinize their actions heavily and that's exactly how it should be. In a democracy, the person with a position of authority, particularly one that has the state sponsored right to take your freedom away, should ALWAYS be scrutinized. It's a hard job, and I respect for them for what they do. That doesn't mean I don't know my rights and will automatically assume they're in the right.

By the by, I'm paramedic and a firefighter, so I probably interact and have a lot more respect for LEO than you do.

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
You mean being pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign or "gliding through a stop sign" when you see the same assholes doing the same thing in the same week? You should keep an eye out for that; that's the everyday thing. Define "criminal".

I don't drive, since this is all about being pulled over. It's to fill a quota, because being a "hero" is apparently a competition to see how many random idiots you can pull over within a month.

Soldiers are not relevant, because they're not causing as many internal problems. Let's leave them to the Westboro Baptist Church. It's more entertaining that way.

Conservative Dabbler

Tactical Leg Sweep
Right, which is why Black and Latino men are disproportionately questioned and have run ins with law enforcement. Has nothing to do with race, amirite? Grow the ******** up.

I like how people don't consider that blacks and latinos might just be more likely to commit crimes because they're more likely to grow up in poorer communities that facilitate criminal behavior.
God-The-RapistV2.0
I don't get in trouble with the law and I still think cops are retarded assholes. No one NEEDS to enforce laws, societies do a good job of that all on their own. Look at the experiment they did in Drachten where they removed all of the traffic signs and lights and the amount of accidents decreased. When people are forced to actually think about how their actions effect them and others they spend more time worrying about the consequences. All police do it make it so people think to themselves "Well, that's what the police are for."

Places without police service are places I would never visit. Thinking humanity is moral enough to behave itself without an iron fist is foolishness.
Lord Akhenaton
God-The-RapistV2.0

Places without police service are places I would never visit. Thinking humanity is moral enough to behave itself without an iron fist is foolishness.

What is more of a deterrent:

Having a pair of police come an arrest you, where you will then be treated per the rules of human rights, given a fair trial where you can argue yourself out of conviction, sometimes even when you are guilty, and then if you are found guilty you are placed into an institution that will cover your every basic need until the end of your sentence.

OR

An angry mob coming to your house to beat the s**t out of you.

Personally, I do not fear the police or the repercussions of breaking the law, I do it every day, I speed, I litter, I threaten people. I have been the jail and while it is not the most pleasant place, its not exactly hard to be there. What I do fear, is pain. I like not feeling pain.
West of Nod
Tactical Leg Sweep

I like how people don't consider that blacks and latinos might just be more likely to commit crimes because they're more likely to grow up in poorer communities that facilitate criminal behavior.

That predicates on the idea that cops are always stopping them based on suspicion of a specific crime. Unfortunately for your point, they're disproportionately targeted even in situations like stop and identify or stop and frisk laws.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/05/us/new-york-stop-and-frisk/index.html

Beloved Lunatic

The Ice Dervish

WTF
You think we should give a pass to people who kill civilians?
Bystanders?
Non-combatants?

You think it's okay for someone to use lethal force on someone who poses no threat?
God-The-RapistV2.0
No one NEEDS to enforce laws, societies do a good job of that all on their own.

xd

Dapper Gawker

I just think it's ******** sad that the pizza guy will get to my house faster than a cop. :/ I guess I'll have to call Pizza hut next time someone's breaking into my house. Maybe I can throw my scalding hot pizza on the thief's face.
Tuken
God-The-RapistV2.0
No one NEEDS to enforce laws, societies do a good job of that all on their own.

xd

Here is something for you to roll around in. If you don't think that societies are good at enforcing their own laws, then how did we come up with the concept of law and policing to begin with? We obviously have a firm grasp on the requirements of the social systems we live in.

Just look around your town. Lets say you live in a down with 10,000 people. There are what? At most two dozen police. Do you really think that those two dozen people have what it takes to stand up to the rest of the 10,000 other citizens? You can't honestly sit there and say that the majority of policing is self policing.
from blue to
The Ice Dervish

WTF
Bystanders?
Non-combatants?

You think it's okay for someone to use lethal force on someone who poses no threat?

What part of they're following orders do you not get? They betray orders and they can get charged with abandoning the military.

Edit: Term is deserting
The Ice Dervish
from blue to
The Ice Dervish

WTF
Bystanders?
Non-combatants?

What part of they're following orders do you not get? They betray orders and they can get charged with abandoning the military.

Edit: Term is deserting

Police are not Military.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas