Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
XxRagingHomosexualxX
I AM R U

I love you with a passion hot enough to rival the burning of a thousand suns... burning_eyes

^-^
Stahp. 4laugh

gonk I don't think I caaaaan!

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Faerie Dreams
I AM R U
Faerie Dreams
I AM R U
Faerie Dreams
Breastfeeding does not prevent pregnancy, while it can delay the woman's period returning right away, thus meaning it delays ovulation, it does not prevent it, just puts it off a couple months rather than a couple weeks.
And doctors still suggest getting on breastfeeding safe birth control if you wish not to become pregnant

Surely though, delaying ovulation and thus preventing the woman from falling pregnant, is in itself contraceptive in practice?
yes but said "protection" can end long before stopping breastfeeding so it's really uncertain when ovulation will begin again can be 6weeks, can be 3 months, can be 9 months, it's different for everyone, it's not like for the duration of breastfeeding one is incapable of getting pregnant.

Just being potentially unreliable doesn't mean it doesn't work at all - all contraception has fail rates, really only the 100% effective method is not having sex sweatdrop most experts suggest using multiple methods, don't they? To maximise effectiveness *shrug*

Yes but the failure rate of breastfeeding as a contraceptive is so high it shouldn't even be considered one.

Not according to sources - apparently, if used correctly, it's more effective than condoms.

And I think that's rather the whole point here - if used correctly, if both parties discuss and take responsibilities equally for ensuring the best possible effectiveness, then there it highly unlikely for the woman to get pregnant.

Dedicated Genius

God-The-RapistV2.0
Kurokawa-Sumire
God-The-RapistV2.0

So what you are saying is that you are ignorant and have no idea how contraceptives work but you're going to try and dispute information, not even MY information because I copied it, from someone who does understand contraceptives.

Good luck with that.

I do know how contraceptives work considering I'm taking them. It took a year to get them from a doctor that wasn't biased. They aren't handed out like candy, you know? My mother was sterilized at 33 and had menopause at 40. I know more than enough to refute your argument. Spermicide goes with the diaphragm.

Oh WOW you are TAKING birth control. That must mean you automatically have an MD!

If you didn't want to hear the other side's argument you should not have posted in the forum. And by the way, where I'm from, they ask why the woman wasn't taking birth control, using a condom and/or keeping her legs closed. The men get congratulated for 'getting some'.

I am going to school for BIOCHEMISTRY, so I do know more than a little about the medicine, including the fact that it causes blood clots, hypertension, etc.

Sparkly Wolf

6,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
God-The-RapistV2.0
Male Options:

Abstinence.
Condoms.
Outercourse.
Vasectomy (PERMANENT)
Withdrawal.

Female Options:

Abstinence
Birth Control Implant
Birth Control Patch
Birth Control Pill
Birth Control Shot
Birth Control Sponge
Birth Control Ring
Breastfeeding
Cervical Cap (AKA Diaphragm)
Condom
Female Condom
Fertility Awareness-Based Methods
IUD
Morning After Pill
Outercourse
Spermicide
Sterilization for Women (PERMANENT)
Withdrawal

So, can someone please explain to me why 'HE SHOULD HAVE WORN A CONDOM' is the default stance when it comes to unwanted pregnancy?

It seems like Women have way more options at stopping pregnancy than Men do.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/birth-control
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/men/birth-control-men

Both men and women hold responsibility in practicing intercourse intelligently. Guys should wear a condom regardless to prevent against unwanted pregnancy and std transmittal. Girls, I'm sorry, but if YOU open your legs, the responsibility is ultimately YOURS. He can't have sex with you if you don't allow him to. So ladies, smarten up. Make sure both of you are protected.

Demonic Divorcee

3,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Castration. Problem solved.
God-The-RapistV2.0
Jrock_Chlck
I would assume because the female options aren't all 100%? I've always been told to not only use contraceptives, but also use condoms to ensure not getting pregnant. I was conceived while my mother was on the pill. There's never a guarantee that the women will be covered by just one method of contraceptive, so perhaps that's why people would ask why the man didn't wear a condom?

The Male options are ALSO not 100%. Nothing is. But putting that aside, Female condoms are a thing and are just as effective, if not more so because they are harder to use incorrectly.

Still, women have far more options, and far better access to birth control than Men.

I mean isn't that what the whole Hobby Lobby thing is about? Access to birth control. I don't see anyone petitioning to make Condoms covered by health insurance for men.

Actually, hobby lobby covered many of these and will cover many of these contraceptives. The morning after pill and the abortion pill are ones they did not want to cover.

Also, to the OP: the morning after pill is NOT a contraceptive and should not be viewed as one. The morning after pill is for emergencies only when you think there was an 'oopsies.'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff