Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Phantom

After going through a year of homelessness, I've pulled through and I'm on my way to being a graphic designer. I made straight A's all through HS but still wound up (because of my family's income) being stuck going from job to job and moving from couch to couch for a whole year. I couldn't afford College, I didn't play any sports... My family never had a savings for me to go. Just graduating HS was an accomplishment in their eyes. I know all about the FAFSA and all that stuff, but for real, $5,000.00 wasn't really going to pay for a $90,000.00 tuition. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. College's are so much more expensive than they need to be. Seriously. There are little Eisteins out there that can only dream of College because of the prices.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Yes, it costs too much.

I don't see why any book should ever cost anything like college textbooks cost. Tuition, either, it's ridiculous for something like that. You're only paying for the degree, anyway, you can learn any of that stuff online, or with much cheaper books you can get at Barnes and Noble or something.
I had my tuition paid for by the government for five years.
90k for college? Where the hell are you going, and is that for a four year degree?

Magnetic Dog

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Dr Dillinger
I had my tuition paid for by the government for five years.

Tch, commie.

Ferocious Browser

please tell me you're going to a legit state college/university and NOT one of those stupid as all ******** tech schools that charge thousands per class....please. Cause if you are you are making a terrible and life-crushing-debt decision.
Over here, university costs around $6,000 per year and we have an interest-free, unlimited student loan available with no pressure of repayment until you're working full-time. Students living alone or with parents under a certain income threshold are also given a studying allowance of around $160 a week from the government which does not have to be repaid.

In short, come to New Zealand.
Eveille
please tell me you're going to a legit state college/university and NOT one of those stupid as all ******** tech schools that charge thousands per class....please. Cause if you are you are making a terrible and life-crushing-debt decision.

Don't denigrate tech schools. It sounds more like one of those pseudo-colleges or an Ivy League school. Most tech schools are a couple thousand a year depending on the program studied, and one can go make a good living.
Graphic Artist sounds like one of those 'art institute' programs where they screw you blind for learning a job that ten jillion other ******** think is a wonderful career. They're getting to be as common as burger flippers.

Ferocious Browser

Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

Don't denigrate tech schools. It sounds more like one of those pseudo-colleges or an Ivy League school. Most tech schools are a couple thousand a year depending on the program studied, and one can go make a good living.
Graphic Artist sounds like one of those 'art institute' programs where they screw you blind for learning a job that ten jillion other ******** think is a wonderful career. They're getting to be as common as burger flippers.

yea, seems a poor career choice :/

maybe tech schools was the wrong word? i mean those devrys and phoenixes and s**t going around lately. my bf went to one, forgot name, for comp sci and none of the credits transferred anywhere else. horrible pain in the a**.
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

maybe tech schools was the wrong word? i mean those devrys and phoenixes and s**t going around lately. my bf went to one, forgot name, for comp sci and none of the credits transferred anywhere else. horrible pain in the a**.

Yeah...'technical institute'. Sounds like what you'd get if a tech school and two year junior college ******** in the back of a Yugo...

Ferocious Browser

Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

Yeah...'technical institute'. Sounds like what you'd get if a tech school and two year junior college ******** in the back of a Yugo...

if a tech institute isn't a tech school though...what is a tech school?
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

Tech schools teach skills such as CNC Machine operator, welding, pharmacy tech, HVAC repair, other skilled trades that require a certain level of introductory knowledge to be competent/hired in at.
There's a fallacy that tech school courses don't really teach skills that one can earn a good living at, but realistically, they teach skills, predominately, in courses that people always find themselves needing.

Ferocious Browser

Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

Tech schools teach skills such as CNC Machine operator, welding, pharmacy tech, HVAC repair, other skilled trades that require a certain level of introductory knowledge to be competent/hired in at.
There's a fallacy that tech school courses don't really teach skills that one can earn a good living at, but realistically, they teach skills, predominately, in courses that people always find themselves needing.

o ok, i think i get it.

well, if it was that sort of school itd be ok.

but it sounds like he's going to a devry sort of thing. seriously 90k? not even the private university here costs 90k/year. the public one is practically free by comparison.
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille
Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

o ok, i think i get it.

well, if it was that sort of school itd be ok.

but it sounds like he's going to a devry sort of thing. seriously 90k? not even the private university here costs 90k/year. the public one is practically free by comparison.

Truthfully? I think the OP is a ******** troll. I can't think of one school that would cost 90k a year that isn't Ivy League.

Hallowed Smoker

Old Blue Collar Joe
Eveille

it's a legitimate degree.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces