Welcome to Gaia! ::

The rose in spring
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Already covered

Thing is, weren't you trying to make a point with that? That you could trust yourself with math? Because you sort of failed at making that point, then.

I trust myself in EVERY ASPECT and I trust nobody else.

Then have fun with your egocentristic hubris. I've had enough of trying to discuss things with someone who doesn't trust anybody but themselves. What's the use? You're obviously not going to trust me.
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
I turned myself into who I am. My parents were bad with money, I became good with money. My friends were leeches, I leeched off of them. A rapist attacked me, I turn him into a pile of meat. I did that, not them. They had nothing to do with it. I simply learned from their mistakes by myself.

Even then, you're presupposing a lot of things that you have already learned. And learning from others' mistakes is a sort of interaction in itself.

Nonetheless, why trust math even if it's repeatable? How are you sure that you weren't simply taught an internally consistent lie?

No. It's realizing that people are inferior to me.
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Already covered

Thing is, weren't you trying to make a point with that? That you could trust yourself with math? Because you sort of failed at making that point, then.

Then have fun with your egocentristic hubris. I've had enough of trying to discuss things with someone who doesn't trust anybody but themselves. What's the use? You're obviously not going to trust me.

I really don't. Now go away.

Rainbow Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
theothermanoverthere
La Veuve Zin
theothermanoverthere
I should have been more clear i mean jobs that involve heavy lifting and labor intensive work.

Given that heavy lifting is supposed to be done with one's legs, not one's upper body, that would mean women are generally more suited to doing so. But unless we're talking a few hundred pounds, there's not much preventing both sexes from being equally suited for such a job.
Let me ask you this how meany girls vs guys do you know that can move 90lb continuesly?

You're confusing what people currently do with what they're capable of doing. If women tend to be in non-labor intensive fields, they're not likely to keep the same level of fitness as men who tend to do more heavy labor.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The rose in spring
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Already covered

Better check your math then. lol
La Veuve Zin
theothermanoverthere
La Veuve Zin
theothermanoverthere
I should have been more clear i mean jobs that involve heavy lifting and labor intensive work.

Given that heavy lifting is supposed to be done with one's legs, not one's upper body, that would mean women are generally more suited to doing so. But unless we're talking a few hundred pounds, there's not much preventing both sexes from being equally suited for such a job.
Let me ask you this how meany girls vs guys do you know that can move 90lb continuesly?

You're confusing what people currently do with what they're capable of doing. If women tend to be in non-labor intensive fields, they're not likely to keep the same level of fitness as men who tend to do more heavy labor.
It because less women can a man as the body biuld to have more muscle then women do. Look it up. Men are built for that kind of work most women just are not. Now if women that were started have more kids then the ones that don't, then after a long a** time they will be.
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Already covered

Well, it should be pointed out that someone attempted rape on her.
Sexual Innuendo
The rose in spring
Kiumaru
The rose in spring
Already covered

Better check your math then. lol

I trust nobody but myself everyone else strives to bring me harm and nothing you or anyone else can ever change that.

Invisible Browser

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Quote:
Then you have the opposite end of it. Too much clothing. And by that, I mean the Muslim Burqa. Some women view covering from head to toe as demeaning to a woman, showing inequality between genders in a sexist religion and that covering one self to show lack of worth. Others say that the Burqa makes it so that a woman is protected and that men fall for a woman not just for her looks. Then you have women who say that not allowing women to wear the Burqa is undermining a woman's religious freedom which it does.

Too much clothing on women actually makes men out to be no better than animals - unable to control their impulses as if a woman's body was nothing more than unholy temptation (there's quite a bit of similarity with old christianism on that regard) but anyway...

I don't feel like I have to cover my breasts and body from my roomates and friends, simply because there is nothing to be ashamed of. I've always failed to see the link between clothing and feminism aside from the fact that a woman should have the freedom to uncover herself whenever she feels like it (provided it abides by public laws). I wouldn't want to see a man's "private" parts whenever I go out some place nor would I want to see a woman's. Then again it's my own personal opinion - nudism isn't a crime in my book.
It seems to me like the "should be able to" argument is one wholly detached from reality. In a perfect world, yeah, a woman should be able to show as much as she'd like without invoking the wrong response in certain men, but reality seems to indicate the opposite. Just sayin'.
Shouting Fox
It seems to me like the "should be able to" argument is one wholly detached from reality. In a perfect world, yeah, a woman should be able to show as much as she'd like without invoking the wrong response in certain men, but reality seems to indicate the opposite. Just sayin'.

Rape doesn't occur because of loose clothing, rape occurs out of anger. Though there is a sexual aspect to rape, the act of doing it for sexual reasons is rare and when it does happen, then clothing doesn't matter.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Sounds like OP could use some therapy to help with her scars... I know it's helping me... And it's not accurate to say that everyone is inferior to you and out to get you, OP. I could not stop my rapist, but now I am happily married and have better coping skills than pickling my liver.
The rose in spring
Shouting Fox

Rape doesn't occur because of loose clothing, rape occurs out of anger. Though there is a sexual aspect to rape, the act of doing it for sexual reasons is rare and when it does happen, then clothing doesn't matter.

You're thinking rape; I'm not, or at least not only. I say that because there's a lot "I should be able to wear whatever I want without men treating me like a whore." In an ideal world, you should be able to, but our world is far from ideal. Wearing certain clothing will cause a certain reaction in some men. This isn't always violent, but that doesn't mean it's comfortable.

Unbeatable Survivor

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
I take it the "degrading" faction is the same side that never considers that some women like to dress like that, or heaven forbid, want to be a stay-at-home mom?

I've got no problem with women dressing in something using less material then some hand-towels. If they however, want to dress in enough clothing to stop a pistol, even in the middle of summer, also not a problem to me.

Women should not expect me not to stare if I find them attractive and they are very scantily clad. Vice versa, I would expect if a man wore very little, and was very attractive and fit, that it would be somewhat distracting for a female.

@Rose in Spring:

I hope you are able to recover from whatever has caused you to assume that the world is out to get you, because paranoia like that is not helpful, and even on the internet, there are honestly good people, even more then you would guess, who are willing to do good acts for the sake of doing good acts.
Shouting Fox
The rose in spring
Shouting Fox

You're thinking rape; I'm not, or at least not only. I say that because there's a lot "I should be able to wear whatever I want without men treating me like a whore." In an ideal world, you should be able to, but our world is far from ideal. Wearing certain clothing will cause a certain reaction in some men. This isn't always violent, but that doesn't mean it's comfortable.

All that matters is how you think of yourself. That is what I do. People's opinions are me are worthless because I am better than them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff