• Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The Living Force
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru
There are plenty of clothing that can compliment a woman's figure without making them look like a slut.

Be it just my opinion, but it wouldn't kill em to dress a bit more modestly.

Would really help if we had better hard and fast rules on what constitutes "look like a slut"
Eh, skirts that run almost to hip level, shirts that let their breasts almost completely hang out and run up so high that they expose their rib-cage.

That sort of thing.

Eh, you had me till the last one. What the hell is so obscene about a belly button?
Probably more of a personal thing than anything. I don't really care if the belly-button is showing, but when it starts running up as high as the fork of your ribcage...eh.
So a slut is anything you don't like.

Brilliant. confused
You don't have to be a slut to look like one.
whateverfloats
Feminists are split on a lot of issues. It might simply be that this issue is more often in the media because it's fairly straightforward. It's also something people have to deal with every day. The way you dress directly impacts the way you're treated. Nobody really cares about trans issues and how to define "woman" for example.

I thought this was going to be about feminine clothing vs more masculine or gender neutral clothing as that's something I still struggle with every time I get dressed.

Funny you mention that because I too do not care about the trans either. Try to hijack this thread with it and I'm blocking you.
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru
There are plenty of clothing that can compliment a woman's figure without making them look like a slut.

Would really help if we had better hard and fast rules on what constitutes "look like a slut"
Eh, skirts that run almost to hip level, shirts that let their breasts almost completely hang out and run up so high that they expose their rib-cage.

That sort of thing.

Eh, you had me till the last one. What the hell is so obscene about a belly button?
Probably more of a personal thing than anything. I don't really care if the belly-button is showing, but when it starts running up as high as the fork of your ribcage...eh.

So it's slutty for a woman to wear a small shirt, but it's fine for a man to be topless? People are really inconsistent.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The rose in spring
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru

That sort of thing.

So it's slutty for a woman to wear a small shirt, but it's fine for a man to be topless? People are really inconsistent.
Did I say that? No.
Astoru
Gen_Desolas Arterius
Astoru

Women should not live in fear with being whores.
Then they shouldn't dress like one.

Then you shouldn't reward them for doing so. Particularly not while making assumptions out of the other side of your face.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Gen_Desolas Arterius
Astoru

Then you shouldn't reward them for doing so. Particularly not while making assumptions out of the other side of your face.
Uh...I don't?
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Gen_Desolas Arterius
Astoru

Uh...I don't?

Words are easy.

But in the general sense, western society very much does. It draws a fuzzy line, and women to the left of the line are dismissed as irrelevant prudes while women to the right of it are dismissed as worthless sluts. To be acknowledged one must stay within the line - straying close to the 'whore' image without quite crossing over.

Or be about three times better than a competing male. But even then she's still going to face criticism for how she looks.
I've a brilliant idea. How about everyone wears whatever the ******** they want to wear and stops shitting their pants worrying about what someone else is wearing, and we all collectively move on to something that actually matters?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Gen_Desolas Arterius
Astoru

Uh...I don't?

Words are easy.
Especially when they don't make any sense.
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru

Uh...I don't?

Words are easy.

Let me clarify:
It's easy to claim virtue or deny fault when you're an anonymous face on the internet, and can't actually verify that you're living up to your claims.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru

Uh...I don't?

Words are easy.

Let me clarify:
It's easy to claim virtue or deny fault when you're an anonymous face on the internet, and can't actually verify that you're living up to your claims.
Not seeing what that has to do with me "Rewarding them"
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Uh...I don't?

Words are easy.

Let me clarify:

It has to do with your claim that you don't. It's easy to say, when no one can actually call you on it.

Dapper Conversationalist

The rose in spring
whateverfloats
Feminists are split on a lot of issues. It might simply be that this issue is more often in the media because it's fairly straightforward. It's also something people have to deal with every day. The way you dress directly impacts the way you're treated. Nobody really cares about trans issues and how to define "woman" for example.

I thought this was going to be about feminine clothing vs more masculine or gender neutral clothing as that's something I still struggle with every time I get dressed.

Funny you mention that because I too do not care about the trans either. Try to hijack this thread with it and I'm blocking you.
I actually do care about trans issues. It just seems that society, generally, doesn't want to really have that conversation.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Kaosgirl
Astoru
Uh...I don't?

Words are easy.

Let me clarify:

It has to do with your claim that you don't. It's easy to say, when no one can actually call you on it.
Except I didn't mention a thing about that until you brought it up out of the blue.

You make no sense.
Astoru
The Living Force
Astoru
GunsmithKitten
Astoru

That sort of thing.

So a slut is anything you don't like.

Brilliant. confused
You don't have to be a slut to look like one.
Which leads to the confusing situation where you can be a slut and not look like one. How does that even work?

Oh, wait, that's right.

Clothing means d**k all. Some of the most promiscuous people I knew were dapper as ********.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff