Indifferent 0.19480519480519 19.5% [ 15 ]
How olds she now? 0.1038961038961 10.4% [ 8 ]
Umm hunnn 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 41 42 43 > >>

Shy Seeker

Suicidesoldier#1
I'm saying it's impossible to avoid.

It's illegal to do the exact stuff on children and what is is just loopholes.

Well they have all that training and conduct all the tests and what not precisely to avoid as much as possible and reduce the risk.

And as others have already stated, it depends on what the specifics of the law are in each country and/or state/province as to what is or isn't illegal. If a person goes through the proper channels, then that will ensure that the procedures are legit.

Fanatical Zealot

GuardianCentauri
Suicidesoldier#1
I'm saying it's impossible to avoid.

It's illegal to do the exact stuff on children and what is is just loopholes.

Well they have all that training and conduct all the tests and what not precisely to avoid as much as possible and reduce the risk.

And as others have already stated, it depends on what the specifics of the law are in each country and/or state/province as to what is or isn't illegal. If a person goes through the proper channels, then that will ensure that the procedures are legit.

That still wouldn't mean it was a good idea even if they somehow legally preformed it on a child.

Lonely Saint

Suicidesoldier#1

The way different genders responds to hormones is my point. You just really can't pump say, a male kid with female hormones and expect him to turn into a female. It just doesn't work like that.

The very XY chromosomes will be against it.

But later in life after development it may be possible to do some things.

I'm talking about kids here though.

You keep referring to this and saying that the body needs the hormones of its biological sex to begin certain phases in its growth, but I've never heard of this in my life. So, sources?
User Image
burning_eyes
Oh yeah almost forgot about this people..
The National Geographic Channel today (May 1st)
at 8pm well have on a program called
"American Transgender"

I believe they well talk about, and to
transgendered people to get there
different views on how society
treats them as a group, and some
personal stuff...

User Image
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
GuardianCentauri
Suicidesoldier#1
Actually there is a lot surgery for voice boxes that isn't that dangerous.

And as far as I was aware hormone injections cost between 5-10,000 dollars annually.

The danger of the various vocal cord surgeries isn't necessarily a high risk of death or infection or something along those lines if that's what you're thinking, but of poor results that often come of it. Many individuals have reported that their voices were screwed up by it, like raised to unnatural pitches or uncontrollable pitch changes while speaking or even some loss of their voices in some cases, so many in the community have been hesitant to embrace this particular kind of surgery.

And yes, there are various types of voice training out there as an alternative, but it's pretty difficult, it typically takes a fair amount of time to alter the way one speaks, and some can never quite achieve what they were aiming for with it.

I'm not sure about injections, but those hormone costs seem rather inflated. A lot of people take pills or transdermal options (applied to the skin), a patch most commonly, and those typically cost somewhere between $30 to maaaybe $100 at the most per month from what I've read (North American numbers).

Well those are maintenance.

The body will continue to produce hormones anyways, so you have to suppress them. 3nodding
You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm noticing a trend.

lol

Everyone says that when they think they are right, and they are proven wrong time and time again.

You could, idk, research it.

This isn't magic.

Hormone patches are often used by transsexuals who are older to prevent things like hair growth and suppress other "masculine" features.

They are generally not the entire basis for the whole treatment of a person.
Maybe I have researched it because, holy s**t, I have a vested interest in that knowledge.

But no, dumbass here who doesn't know s**t what they're talking about's in a position to talk down to me.

Magnetic Dog

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Cool parents. Makes me wonder what I would have done in their position. My biggest fear I suppose would be that my kid would grow up to regret it - I mean for the first ten years of my existence I wanted nothing more than to be a dog and I think it's probably for the best that that never happened... Jokes aside (I really wanted to be a dog though) I hope I'll have a good enough connection with my future kids to be able to help them with something like this. Awesome parenting.

Fanatical Zealot

The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
GuardianCentauri
Suicidesoldier#1
Actually there is a lot surgery for voice boxes that isn't that dangerous.

And as far as I was aware hormone injections cost between 5-10,000 dollars annually.

The danger of the various vocal cord surgeries isn't necessarily a high risk of death or infection or something along those lines if that's what you're thinking, but of poor results that often come of it. Many individuals have reported that their voices were screwed up by it, like raised to unnatural pitches or uncontrollable pitch changes while speaking or even some loss of their voices in some cases, so many in the community have been hesitant to embrace this particular kind of surgery.

And yes, there are various types of voice training out there as an alternative, but it's pretty difficult, it typically takes a fair amount of time to alter the way one speaks, and some can never quite achieve what they were aiming for with it.

I'm not sure about injections, but those hormone costs seem rather inflated. A lot of people take pills or transdermal options (applied to the skin), a patch most commonly, and those typically cost somewhere between $30 to maaaybe $100 at the most per month from what I've read (North American numbers).

The body will continue to produce hormones anyways, so you have to suppress them. 3nodding

I'm noticing a trend.

lol

Everyone says that when they think they are right, and they are proven wrong time and time again.

This isn't magic.

Hormone patches are often used by transsexuals who are older to prevent things like hair growth and suppress other "masculine" features.

Maybe I have researched it because, holy s**t, I have a vested interest in that knowledge.

But no, dumbass here who doesn't know s**t what they're talking about's in a position to talk down to me.

That's cause I am.

And what do you know, no sources, no information, just statements- wonderful! blaugh

What's that I sense- annoyance, emotion?

What, no, you don't have those, I must be so silly, even though Anhedonia means a lack of finding pleasure in things and isn't the equivalent of having no emotions and you play video games, obviously for pleasure, all the ******** time!

Nope, I guess I just must be wrong about everything except that I'm right, how can I be so silly all the time!

Some stuff.

Most patches are HRT or patch Hormone replacement therapy patches designed to combat secondary sex characteristics. Facial hair on men, the lack of it on woman, etc.

Just some stupid sight.

The Thyroid gland helps to regulate brain and growth of a child. This also talks about infants but it's still good. More or less, it has a lot to do with brain development and the growth of the liver, kidneys, and basically the whole body. The Thyroid determines the sensitivity to various hormones. Here is some good info from wiki. But sense you didn't even know about Vitamin D levels in the gut and thought all you needed to get it from was the sun, I'll explain it for you.

Anyways, uncontrollably, the thyroid will change. It's different for males and females. It isn't regulated by hormones it regulates hormones, and the effects it has on the body. This is becuase it's regulated by the Hypothalamus, which produces Thyrotropin-releasing hormone or TRH which regulates TSH which regulates hormones. Even if you were to inject a developing male or female with the exact opposite hormones in hopes of producing feminine characteristics it wouldn't matter. The Hypothalamus would change around the Thyroid which would drastically alter the effects the hormones would have. It's different in males and females, and it's unavoidable unless you ******** with the brain.

In turn it helps regulates brain development- the body, based on the brain structure and *basically* the XY or XX chromosomes, will change around the thyroid, which is already different in males and females, and as such the response of the hormones. During these developmental phases, I mean until one is an adult or stops growing, to some degree (even after the accepted 18 people will generally continue to grow until 25 in some ways), hormones play a big role in the development of the body. The Thyroid will respond differently to different ones depending on sex. Even if change around the hormones, say putting female hormones into a male, you will mess up a lot, becuase the Thyroid and brain will not respond to it correctly. "Okay, then simply put in the right amount to produce the desired effects"- there simply isn't a way of doing that. You will mess with the brain unless you have the proper amount per sex. It just won't function properly. You'd have to change the Thyroid and the brain which you simply can't do. Even if you obliterated all the male hormones, let's say, and put in female hormones, the brain wouldn't respond and wouldn't continue growing. You'd have an individual stuck with a prepubescent brain all their life, and probably worse sense it's expected to grow. Even mild hormone interjection as this time is a very, very bad idea.

Maybe it's becuase I care for people that I search this up. It's okay you don't have a medical degree but don't try to give out advice or think you know what you're talking about. This is serious business. We're talking mess up a person's growth into a healthy human being. But you don't like to think things through. Something inside you simply died.

Fanatical Zealot

wasabichan
Cool parents. Makes me wonder what I would have done in their position. My biggest fear I suppose would be that my kid would grow up to regret it - I mean for the first ten years of my existence I wanted nothing more than to be a dog and I think it's probably for the best that that never happened... Jokes aside (I really wanted to be a dog though) I hope I'll have a good enough connection with my future kids to be able to help them with something like this. Awesome parenting.

This is also important to consider.

You also have to remember that there are some messed up parents in the world and being an adult is the best time for a kid to decide things.
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

I'm noticing a trend.

lol

This isn't magic.

That's cause I am.

And what do you know, no sources, no information, just statements- wonderful! blaugh

What, no, you don't have those, I must be so silly, even though Anhedonia means a lack of finding pleasure in things and isn't the equivalent of having no emotions and you play video games, obviously for pleasure, all the ******** time!

Nope, I guess I just must be wrong about everything except that I'm right, how can I be so silly all the time!

Some stuff.

Most patches are HRT or patch Hormone replacement therapy patches designed to combat secondary sex characteristics. Facial hair on men, the lack of it on woman, etc.

Just some stupid sight.

The Thyroid gland helps to regulate brain and growth of a child. This also talks about infants but it's still good. More or less, it has a lot to do with brain development and the growth of the liver, kidneys, and basically the whole body. The Thyroid determines the sensitivity to various hormones. Here is some good info from wiki. But sense you didn't even know about Vitamin D levels in the gut and thought all you needed to get it from was the sun, I'll explain it for you.

Anyways, uncontrollably, the thyroid will change. It's different for males and females. It isn't regulated by hormones it regulates hormones, and the effects it has on the body. This is becuase it's regulated by the Hypothalamus, which produces Thyrotropin-releasing hormone or TRH which regulates TSH which regulates hormones. Even if you were to inject a developing male or female with the exact opposite hormones in hopes of producing feminine characteristics it wouldn't matter. The Hypothalamus would change around the Thyroid which would drastically alter the effects the hormones would have. It's different in males and females, and it's unavoidable unless you ******** with the brain.

In turn it helps regulates brain development- the body, based on the brain structure and *basically* the XY or XX chromosomes, will change around the thyroid, which is already different in males and females, and as such the response of the hormones. During these developmental phases, I mean until one is an adult or stops growing, to some degree (even after the accepted 18 people will generally continue to grow until 25 in some ways), hormones play a big role in the development of the body. The Thyroid will respond differently to different ones depending on sex. Even if change around the hormones, say putting female hormones into a male, you will mess up a lot, becuase the Thyroid and brain will not respond to it correctly. "Okay, then simply put in the right amount to produce the desired effects"- there simply isn't a way of doing that. You will mess with the brain unless you have the proper amount per sex. It just won't function properly. You'd have to change the Thyroid and the brain which you simply can't do. Even if you obliterated all the male hormones, let's say, and put in female hormones, the brain wouldn't respond and wouldn't continue growing. You'd have an individual stuck with a prepubescent brain all their life, and probably worse sense it's expected to grow. Even mild hormone interjection as this time is a very, very bad idea.

Maybe it's becuase I care for people that I search this up. It's okay you don't have a medical degree but don't try to give out advice or think you know what you're talking about. This is serious business. We're talking mess up a person's growth into a healthy human being. But you don't like to think things through. Something inside you simply died.
No, you are not.

You never provide sources. You just bullshit and talk out the side of your neck, drown us in bullshit and expect us to take your crap on faith. Let me guess, Thorium?

Has to be it.

HI I'M A MORON, SO LET ME SAY STUPID STUFF. Cool.

Let's look at it this way. You are not a doctor. The people who do this? They're doctors. They know what they're doing. They're not going to do a surgery that would hurt someone. It's kind of an oath they tend to take. Maybe you've heard of it? But please, keep talking down to me like you're something more than an egotistical child.

"These findings suggest that physiological thyroid growth during puberty is mainly influenced by growth factors involved in somatic development and further modulated by sex steroid secretion profiles." -your source

Sex steroids determine development? Shocker.

And I never denied that hormones would have to be suppressed. Not once. And they even have pills that do that, that aren't even near as costly as you'd like to think they are. Shocker again. Fun thing is, when a MtF undergoes SRS, they'll be producing faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less testosterone and won't even really need to take much of an antandrogen if at all.

What died was my patience with you.

Fanatical Zealot

The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

I'm noticing a trend.

lol

This isn't magic.

That's cause I am.

Some stuff.

Just some stupid sight.

No, you are not.

You never provide sources. You just bullshit and talk out the side of your neck, drown us in bullshit and expect us to take your crap on faith. Let me guess, Thorium?

Has to be it.

Let's look at it this way. You are not a doctor. The people who do this? They're doctors. They know what they're doing. They're not going to do a surgery that would hurt someone. It's kind of an oath they tend to take. Maybe you've heard of it? But please, keep talking down to me like you're something more than an egotistical child.

"These findings suggest that physiological thyroid growth during puberty is mainly influenced by growth factors involved in somatic development and further modulated by sex steroid secretion profiles." -your source

And I never denied that hormones would have to be suppressed. Not once. And they even have pills that do that, that aren't even near as costly as you'd like to think they are. Shocker again. Fun thing is, when a MtF undergoes SRS, they'll be producing faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less testosterone and won't even really need to take much of an antandrogen if at all.

LOOK.

You didn't provide that I was wrong at all!

God you are messed up in the head.

YES, things are changed by sex hormones, I never denied that, and the thyroid helps influence it, but what I was trying to point out was it's effect on the brain and other organs regardless of what hormones you may pump someone with, based on biological sex, that will be unavoidable.

Also yes Thorium is awesome.

I ask of you- have you done any, and I mean any, research on Thorium?

For God's Sake.

You would rather than whole world starve without bullshit ideas than do two ******** second's worth of research.

You can ignore me but you can't ignore the truth.

The fact of the matter is the truth matters whether you like it or not.

Oh God and no emotions.

Sure.

Magnetic Dog

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Suicidesoldier#1
wasabichan

You also have to remember that there are some messed up parents in the world and being an adult is the best time for a kid to decide things.

Sure, ideally kids shouldn't have to make huge decisions when they're kids. But postponing that decision might mean your kid has to endure years of meaningless suffering and I doubt many parents would want that for their children. I suppose it's also an advantage to make a sex change before puberty hits?
Yeah, we've all seen unsuitable parents. But I don't think going along with your kids when they want a sex change, risking them regretting it later makes you a more irresponsible parent than someone who lets say makes their kids compete in beauty pageants or forces them into competitive sports or something. Not to mention parents who beat their kids.
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

lol

This isn't magic.

That's cause I am.

Some stuff.

Just some stupid sight.

No, you are not.

Has to be it.

LOOK.

YES, things are changed by sex hormones, I never denied that, and the thyroid helps influence it, but what I was trying to point out was it's effect on the brain and other organs regardless of what hormones you may pump someone with, based on biological sex, that will be unavoidable.

For God's Sake.

You would rather than whole world starve without bullshit ideas than do two ******** second's worth of research.

Oh God and no emotions.

Sure.
Nor you I. Glad we got that out of the way.

And you aren't? I'm not the one who flies into raging fits at the drop of the hat and then apologizes, and then flies into another rage. Kyuu Kyuu.

You didn't prove that at all, actually.

It's of little relevance.

I would rather the whole world starve? Really? You keep saying this, yet I've seen nothing to prove that.

Never said I had no emotions. Was never the plan. Plan was be in better control of them. I've done a decent job.

Fanatical Zealot

wasabichan
Suicidesoldier#1
wasabichan

Sure, ideally kids shouldn't have to make huge decisions when they're kids. But postponing that decision might mean your kid has to endure years of meaningless suffering and I doubt many parents would want that for their children. I suppose it's also an advantage to make a sex change before puberty hits?
Yeah, we've all seen unsuitable parents. But I don't think going along with your kids when they want a sex change, risking them regretting it later makes you a more irresponsible parent than someone who lets say makes their kids compete in beauty pageants or forces them into competitive sports or something. Not to mention parents who beat their kids.

Well, you'd like to think so.

But it's not really the case, due to a lot of issues, but yeah, if you could suppress that it would be cool.

Magnetic Dog

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Suicidesoldier#1
wasabichan
Suicidesoldier#1
wasabichan

Well, you'd like to think so.

But it's not really the case, due to a lot of issues, but yeah, if you could suppress that it would be cool.

Man, having kids is really the hugest responsability ever, isn't it? Having entered the baby-wanting stage of my life I tend not to think about that aspect of it as much as I should. On the other hand, if one starts to consider how many ways there are to mess up ones kids no one would ever dare have any children.

Fanatical Zealot

The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1

lol

This isn't magic.

That's cause I am.

Some stuff.

Just some stupid sight.

No, you are not.

Has to be it.

LOOK.

For God's Sake.

Oh God and no emotions.

Sure.
Nor you I. Glad we got that out of the way.

And you aren't? I'm not the one who flies into raging fits at the drop of the hat and then apologizes, and then flies into another rage. Kyuu Kyuu.

You didn't prove that at all, actually.

It's of little relevance.

I would rather the whole world starve? Really? You keep saying this, yet I've seen nothing to prove that.

It would be a little easier if this wasn't flying through your brain all the time; well not really, but I think the point is there.

You want a vegetariansz diet through crappy farming techniques to produce food for the world, but you don't even want to feed them the good stuff like kale and avocados. And you still need vitamin supplements and things. Which require animal processing at the least. Which will be required. And then you think that the world can't sustain this stuff. But with aquaponics gardening, better energy sources (such as thorium) and even the development of synthetic meat it really won't be an issue. Aquaponics gardening is pretty awesome. You should look into it. Also something like 98% of the energy in corn goes into the stalk or something silly like that. There are like 8 master genes controlling corn. Particularly the stalk would be easy to make small even without advanced genetic engineering techniques (technically we've been engineering corn for years) while keeping the corn big. This would reduce the energy and fertilizer needed to grow corn and possibly make it grow faster. Then you could have 10 times the corn with the same amount of fertilizer. Whole world fed- blam. Apples and other trees and whatnot respond similarly, but that might take advanced genetic engineering- easy though, sense they can basically all be made into vines, which would be great for aquaponics gardens.

Hypothalamus Sexual Dimorphism is a good article probs overtly explaining everything.

There's just a whole lot that goes into hormone stuff.

The brain is important for example, I think that article in particular will be a good one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff