Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conspiracy?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 15, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 >

Yeah. It makes sense, since every day, four thousand minors are recruited to replace the dead.

Just think about an army of smoking children. Pretty, hmm? Considering certain ads put out are more appealing to children, and also, cigarette companies give out merchandise that is also child friendly. Let's charcoal the lungs and minds of our minors and see what happens. Great idea, hmm?

Post your thoughts and arguments.

My apologies if this is a repitition thread.
Your so crazy... Stop being so crazy...
SMOKE
Crazy lady...
SMOKE
Yeah...I think there trying to lure the younger crowd. It was rather obivious when the cigarette companies came out with those "flavored" cigs....
its really upsetting seeing the crowds of kids smoking outside my school during break (betwe 1 and 2nd period)
mocha_kat
Yeah...I think there trying to lure the younger crowd. It was rather obivious when the cigarette companies came out with those"flavored" cigs....
"hi, were ronco and we have crap-flavored cigs so you can hurl AND kill yourself!"
cigarette companyS are not luring children into soMething! there is nO proof of this. Kids arE not Stupid. Many start tO do it because the Kid's parEnt's do. there is no Way thE COMpany's could ever put MessAges oN any type of meDia. YOU are just being paranoid. MUST all americans suspect others of being bad. kiDs smOke becAuSe they Want to. not bEcauSe of subliminAl messages you sillY people. like I Said before, M any start because Of other Kids putting prEssure on them.
Alexielia
cigarette companyS are not luring children into soMething! there is nO proof of this. Kids arE not Stupid. Many start tO do it because the Kid's parEnt's do. there is no Way thE COMpany's could ever put MessAges oN any type of meDia. YOU are just being paranoid. MUST all americans suspect others of being bad. kiDs smOke becAuSe they Want to. not bEcauSe of subliminAl messages you sillY people. like I Said before, M any start because Of other Kids putting prEssure on them.
lol...youre good. at subliminal messages.
Of course they are. The cigarette companies want as many people as possible to smoke because then they get more money.
x.whore.face.x
Yeah. It makes sense, since every day, four thousand minors are recruited to replace the dead.

Just think about an army of smoking children. Pretty, hmm? Considering certain ads put out are more appealing to children, and also, cigarette companies give out merchandise that is also child friendly. Let's charcoal the lungs and minds of our minors and see what happens. Great idea, hmm?

Cigarette companies aren't allowed to advertise on TV or in cinemas or on the radio in Australia. Instead, we get ads that SHOW what cigarettes do to the lungs (some real disgusting footage there x_x) and the types of chemicals that go into cigarettes (something about toilet cleaner and rat poison) and touching ads about where smoking puts you in the end (in a hospital bed unable to live with your daughter).

Smoking is a digusting habit that is in no way cool. Tobacco should be banned full stop.
500,000 people die as a result from smoking EVERY YEAR.

Where else are the companies going to go?

Why would they go to the old guy that would smoke for 15 years before dying, when they can go for the 20 year old that can smoke for 50 years.

But smoking is on the decline. Less and less teenagers are smoking. Why? We have more respect for ourselves. And we are seeing the effect smoking has on our bodies.

That and the peer pressure not to smoke. I yelled at some guy for smoking at the FINISH LINE to a Cross Country race. Runners that just got done running 3.1 miles as hard as their bodies would let them and now they have to deal with smoke in the air, making it harder to breathe?

Assholes. I swear.

And I own this shirt::

User Image

It says: 'There are cooler ways to die' under the no smoking logo.

People need to learn you can be cool and not smoke. People need to learn iits cooler NOT to smoke.

I find that smokingis bad for everything, but it does relax!!!.
I think its a bit stuipid to smoke, just because there is no real BENEFIT, until your addicted... Well, I guess it relaxes you, but there are other ways to relax... I mean, jesus. Why not just do pot? It is also bad for you, but at least there is a High that you get....
suicide_arc
x.whore.face.x

Cigarette companies aren't allowed to advertise on TV or in cinemas or on the radio in Australia. Instead, we get ads that SHOW what cigarettes do to the lungs (some real disgusting footage there x_x) and the types of chemicals that go into cigarettes (something about toilet cleaner and rat poison) and touching ads about where smoking puts you in the end (in a hospital bed unable to live with your daughter).

Smoking is a digusting habit that is in no way cool. Tobacco should be banned full stop.

But what about good old Joe, made by Camel cigarettes? You know? That friendly lookin' camel that just so happens to be an icon that children love. Ads starring Old Joe the camel are laced through magazines that children can easily get there hands on, ergo, making the connection between the funny looking camel and the cigarettes, to children smokes can easily seem just as friendly as that dumbass mascot!
Alexielia

Heh. I love it.
x.whore.face.x
Just think about an army of smoking children. Pretty, hmm?

It depends. Is this army of children at my beck and call? If so, then yeah, it is an appealing thought.

Cigarette companies don't market their product to young children. They don't have to. Most get hooked due to a sense of 'social normalcy' and an ever-lingering idea that smoking is somehow 'cool' or they'll be 'accepted.' Sure, there are marketing techniques to get in non smokers such as those different flavored cigarettes, but these are not specifically marketed towards children.

And I love how you use 'children' to make it seem like it's a bunch of 8 year old kids that are being victimized here. Very clever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff