Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sapphire Dragon1
Hmmm Well you mentioned that he was doing these things at night. And when confronted told his guardians he "didn't do it." Which is enough of an indication that he does know what he is doing is wrong. Now if he already knows what he is doing is wrong. Then why did he do it again? Because it sounds like this didn't happen once. Now If this was a one time thing then yes curiosity is what I would chalk it up to be. But it sounds like it might have gone a bit further than that. Perhaps a therapist should be involved. Now before some of those that read this harass me. There are child therapists who have dealt with situations like these before.They could have a different approach and more beneficial one to the child. Instead of all discipline. They could find the why and and from there help the child understand right and wrong and appropriate with inappropriate. They can also help the parents understand what the child is experiencing. I say this because my family had an incident like this one and it did not end well. I think that if the kid got help he would not have developed the habits that he did. And that is all I have to say.

Generally I agree, but I think you also need to inquire into what he was told the first time.

If he was not really told why he shouldn't be touching people, and he otherwise didn't think it was bad the first time, he may not understand the gravity of the offense.

A therapist though would be a good idea, if only to make sure that age-appropriate language is used so the kid really gets what he did is not okay in a way he understands.
Roih Uvet
You think his age really matters? The Steubenville rapists were kids, sure, but they should be tried as adults. This boy should be tried and convicted as an adult for the sexual assault of a [******** two-year-old. That you didn't go straight to the police is a problematic sign of internalized misogyny.

In case you're not trolling or being sarcastic, the Steubenville rapists were teenagers, not prepubescent children. There's a big difference between simply touching inappropriate areas and rape. Inappropriate touching is not acceptable, but it may or may not be sexual in nature.
Cassidy Peterson
Nine years old is old enough to know he's doing something wrong, and not to touch other people's privates. He may not be aware of how wrong it is, but he should know that it's wrong.

There's a reason I never told my parents about the things I did with other kids when I was little - even if there was no genital contact, we still knew it was wrong to be taking our pants off.

True, but the thing is that unless he/she has reached precocious puberty, there's no way that a 9 year old will be doing it for sexual gratification, which is the real reason why it is so wrong. Of course it's a slope so such behaviour should be corrected ASAP.

EDIT: I recently learned that it is possible for preadolescent children to abuse other other children by means of genital stimulation, perhaps for reasons of control, and it has similar effects as standard child molestation.
randomuser2349
Roih Uvet
You think his age really matters? The Steubenville rapists were kids, sure, but they should be tried as adults. This boy should be tried and convicted as an adult for the sexual assault of a [******** two-year-old. That you didn't go straight to the police is a problematic sign of internalized misogyny.

In case you're not trolling or being sarcastic, the Steubenville rapists were teenagers, not prepubescent children. There's a big difference between simply touching inappropriate areas and rape. Inappropriate touching is not acceptable, but it may or may not be sexual in nature.
I was being 100% sarcastic.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
The20
Finding out why he did it may be a good start?

Isn't it kinda obvious? Curiosity leads to exploration. Exploration leads to discovery. And in this case, the discovery of something that feels really good, without all the knowledge and wisdom that best compliment it.

Admittedly, it's quite concerning for a 2 year old to be involved, but not overly surprising, otherwise. Children aren't as stupid as adults try to make them out to be....
black_wing_angel
The20
Finding out why he did it may be a good start?

Isn't it kinda obvious? Curiosity leads to exploration. Exploration leads to discovery. And in this case, the discovery of something that feels really good, without all the knowledge and wisdom that best compliment it.

Admittedly, it's quite concerning for a 2 year old to be involved, but not overly surprising, otherwise. Children aren't as stupid as adults try to make them out to be....
Why would touching someone else make you feel good?
Most of the time kids are nowhere near as intelligent as they themselves like to believe. I've been there.

Quotable Prophet

My mom actually talked to me about this. She used to be a preschool teacher and she had her room set up so that the kids could rotate to different places during game time. So basically there was a home setting in the room and she always told the other teachers to watch the kids over in the area because whatever the child sees and does at home, whether from a parent or friend, it will transfer over to that specific setting. She also said that if a child is touching themselves its fine, but if they are touching other kids you have to address them sternly and say that that is not a nice thing to do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff