Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should you be able to answer the door with a shotgun?

only if it's religious (mormons/Jehovahs witnesses/etc) 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 2 ]
only if its a young man trying to screw your daughter 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
only if it's an insurrance/vacuum cleaner/etc salesman 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
some of the above 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 8 ]
all of the above 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
No firearms are scary! 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

If I were arguing violence and murder for the sake of same, yes. However, violence and murder have always been tools used by governing bodies and the people subject to those bodies to change the world around them. Check my rhetoric, I never advocate wholesale slaughter just cause it gets me off or I don't like Mexicans. It's always to serve a higher function or purpose that is needed to better humanity.

Said every serial killer ever.

lulz Hardly any of them, actually.
Most are either deluded and think they're doing something completely different or are full on psychos who enjoy hurting people for the sake of their own satisfaction, sexual or otherwise.
Looking back on that, it's not exactly encouraging to my point that I know that, but I digress.
I have yet to be shown an alternative viewpoint that would better serve humanity than mine.

Help humanity by murdering people? No. That does not better serve it.

A great deal of human beings are useless or outright detrimental to society and the progression of social evolution. Removing their negative influence would be like yanking out wisdom teeth. Why exactly is that so bad?

Devoted Explorer

AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

If I were arguing violence and murder for the sake of same, yes. However, violence and murder have always been tools used by governing bodies and the people subject to those bodies to change the world around them. Check my rhetoric, I never advocate wholesale slaughter just cause it gets me off or I don't like Mexicans. It's always to serve a higher function or purpose that is needed to better humanity.

Most are either deluded and think they're doing something completely different or are full on psychos who enjoy hurting people for the sake of their own satisfaction, sexual or otherwise.
Looking back on that, it's not exactly encouraging to my point that I know that, but I digress.
I have yet to be shown an alternative viewpoint that would better serve humanity than mine.

A great deal of human beings are useless or outright detrimental to society and the progression of social evolution. Removing their negative influence would be like yanking out wisdom teeth. Why exactly is that so bad?

Who are you to say? You don't have the capacity to judge.
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Depends on the situation. Guy crawling through my window with a crowbar in his hands at midnight is not going to be judged to be one of Santa's elves arriving to tune the tv, and will either eat carpet or lead. His choice of diet.
The guy walking down the street? As long as he's not breaking any laws in a dangerous manner, none of my business.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Because unlike everyone else I strive for objectivity even knowing it's impossible.

Devoted Explorer

Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Depends on the situation. Guy crawling through my window with a crowbar in his hands at midnight is not going to be judged to be one of Santa's elves arriving to tune the tv, and will either eat carpet or lead. His choice of diet.
The guy walking down the street? As long as he's not breaking any laws in a dangerous manner, none of my business.
Joe, you know the difference between self-defense and Asura's megalomania. Though, they could argue they're defending society. It's a popular excuse.

Devoted Explorer

AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Because unlike everyone else I strive for objectivity even knowing it's impossible.

Hilarious.
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Joe, you know the difference between self-defense and Asura's megalomania. Though, they could argue they're defending society. It's a popular excuse.

Those who believe in a perfect society with man controlling it are delusional, at best, and utterly homicidal loons, at worse.
True good would wind up eradicating everyone, if they had that power, just as well as total evil would. Evil, in fact, would probably last longer, since they'd want someone around to bully, whereas true good would want to eliminate all those not 'perfectly innocent and good'.
Thus, true good would end with a conundrum. Suicide is evil, but it would be needed to purify the world of the last vestige of 'evil' in the person there.
True evil would just find a puppy to kick.

Devoted Explorer

Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Those who believe in a perfect society with man controlling it are delusional, at best, and utterly homicidal loons, at worse.
True good would wind up eradicating everyone, if they had that power, just as well as total evil would. Evil, in fact, would probably last longer, since they'd want someone around to bully, whereas true good would want to eliminate all those not 'perfectly innocent and good'.
Thus, true good would end with a conundrum. Suicide is evil, but it would be needed to purify the world of the last vestige of 'evil' in the person there.
Hence necessity of Deus ex machina.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

Hilarious.

The majority of humanity is about equal to any other form of animal life, except more aggressive in it's consumption of resources. They don't strive for anything more noble than a full belly and something shiny to paw at.
It's easy to see if you simply stop looking at them as people.

AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

If I could give an award for pretentiousness, this would win it for the day. Maybe the week.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

And thus the immorality of hope.
Waiting for things to get better or passing the buck saying it's impossible for man to fix the problem just leads to further degeneration into destruction. It exacerbates a persisting problem while doing nothing to counteract the effects thereof.
We should never allow ourselves to succumb to hope.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Riviera de la Mancha
AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
AsuraSyn

If I could give an award for pretentiousness, this would win it for the day. Maybe the week.

It's pretentious to try to remove prejudice from one's mindset?
Wow.
If I had an award for jackassery that would win it for the day. Maybe the week.

AsuraSyn
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe

Waiting for things to get better or passing the buck saying it's impossible for man to fix the problem just leads to further degeneration into destruction. It exacerbates a persisting problem while doing nothing to counteract the effects thereof.

Wrong. Even though we know it's impossible, we shall always strive (hope) to achieve it. It is the giving up of on hope, and deciding that it is a journey not worth the time, which is defeating. One day man may get their head just far enough out of their a** to actually achieve something close to a good society.
Just because we cannot see it in our vision doesn't mean it isn't possible. 1,000 years ago a 'talking box' would have been laughed out of the room, or destroyed as demonic. Now? We all have them in our houses.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
AsuraSyn

Wrong. Even though we know it's impossible, we shall always strive (hope) to achieve it. It is the giving up of on hope, and deciding that it is a journey not worth the time, which is defeating. One day man may get their head just far enough out of their a** to actually achieve something close to a good society.
Just because we cannot see it in our vision doesn't mean it isn't possible. 1,000 years ago a 'talking box' would have been laughed out of the room, or destroyed as demonic. Now? We all have them in our houses.

Ahh, but these demonic talky boxes only exist because someone got off their a** and decided to make them. Had they simply hoped, anticipated it coming into being via some other beings actions, they would still be laughable fantasies.
To my mind, hope is the act of wishing or anticipating something that one isn't able to do or achieve on their own, and thus it's detrimental since things only ever change when changed by someone. By becoming hopeless one abandons anticipation and is able to embrace the moment and live fully in it without thought of past or future and thus one strives to make the best of each moment and improve the whole of life for themselves and subsequently all others.

AsuraSyn
Old Blue Collar Joe
AsuraSyn

Ahh, but these demonic talky boxes only exist because someone got off their a** and decided to make them. Had they simply hoped, anticipated it coming into being via some other beings actions, they would still be laughable fantasies.
To my mind, hope is the act of wishing or anticipating something that one isn't able to do or achieve on their own, and thus it's detrimental since things only ever change when changed by someone. By becoming hopeless one abandons anticipation and is able to embrace the moment and live fully in it without thought of past or future and thus one strives to make the best of each moment and improve the whole of life for themselves and subsequently all others.

No, hope is the first step to concept of the idea, followed by a desire to see it, then changing from dream to goal, at which point one begins the journey and process of seeing it through, with the hope now a mental image, motivating the person to strive harder, ignore failure, and continue on the journey, so that they can, in the end, achieve that goal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff