Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Im not being a troll or anything, but im not talking about trends fashion wise. Im talking about people following the same trends in everything else in order to fit in with society.

For example, toms shoes. I honestly dont believe the bullshit that the person who bought 50 dollar peasant shoes REALLY wanted to help third world countries to heart. Its obvious that they bought it, cause everyone else did, the fact that a child from a suffering country will revieve these shoes is just a minor reason to get it too. I also think they are desperate for some kind of praise to take part of helping poor countries. Out of all things you could have done to truly help africa, you. bought. shoes.
Honestly, if you REALLY want to help these poor countries, donate the actual money to these families, cause if im a child living in Uganda, id rather have food and shelter for another week than shoes. Or even better, do can food drives there or do it locally, cause as much as africa is suffering, even the US has suffering people too.

Also, this KONY 2012 hype. People who full-heartedly support this, obviously didnt do their research. In case you were wondering, this organization only gives 35% of donations to uganda. So yep, your donation to that KONY AWARENESS kit is being used to fly a blogger in first class.
Also, parts of the KONY video is fake. Ex. George Clooney's part wasnt related to kony at all. Again, if you whole-heartedly want to help countries like this, not for attention at all, then just volunteer to go to Africa. I mean, you really want to help them right?

Also in the music business, if a vast majority loves a singer, like adele, its because of a reason. They love feeling sorry for someoneIve realized that the people who like adele have the same characteristics. Saying that no one should be ridiculed for their size, but insults "skinny" girls casually. If the singer makes this image of always being the "underdog" in life and love issues constantly, CONSTANTLY, through their songs, this majority would take a bullet for them without studying the iffy reason why these singers stick to this money-making idea. It is also because these "heartbroken" songs adele sings about seem personal, but really, do didnt make a break-up song? Is it really that true that one singer "really" is butthurt in their life to make a 100 albums about one issue? They are professional and they know that people love to feel like they can "help" is what sells. Ex. ive seen comments saying "adele. you are beautiful and you dont need that man!" and "that b*****d should feel ashamed of himself. Like if you agree!"

But if a singer makes song about what everyone does and thinks constantly, like being sexy or se x, this majority would kill to end these singer's careers. Although this is also a money making idea, the majority dont feel sorry and want to pep talk these singers, so since they arent being used, they blast hate on it. I know members of this website always have se x on their mind, why would you guys hate a song for something everyone else is practically open about? I know, because its not mainstream.

Let me analyze my arguement more, lets take taylor swift, in every concert, she cries at the end saying something "all of you are my greatest fans! This is the best concert ever!!!" and invites a few fans after every concert to her backstage room. If you still dont get it, this is her routine, she is a professional and is trained to cry on the spot and to say the same things to fans. Thats reality.

Greedy Consumer

Its not that they are stupid or smart, but that its easy as opposed to difficult.

And yeah the kony thing didnt need much research, just knowing it was from a .com proves its a fraud, since they are making profits, in it for money.

Oh yeah and alot of artists are hypocrits when making songs, like oh my loved one left me, and in another song they are singin somehting like, oh you should be with me instead of her baby.

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Its not that they are stupid or smart, but that its easy as opposed to difficult.

And yeah the kony thing didnt need much research, just knowing it was from a .com proves its a fraud, since they are making profits, in it for money.

that is true : O. Like how for-profits colleges dont have . edu

Greedy Consumer

Responsive
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

also I added a third line to my post, lol.

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Responsive
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

I read. See? i thought i was the only one that thought this! If only theyre were more people like you and i ;3

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Oh yeah and alot of artists are hypocrits when making songs, like oh my loved one left me, and in another song they are singin somehting like, oh you should be with me instead of her baby.

If you support whats i said here, dont forget to <3 this page

Greedy Consumer

Responsive
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Responsive
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

I read. See? i thought i was the only one that thought this! If only theyre were more people like you and i ;3
There could be wink

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Why is the OP following the trend of pointing out trends?

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I agree with some of your points, especially TOM shoes and KONY 2012.

I think it's mostly a quick and easy way for these people to feel good about themselves and feel like they made a difference without actually having to do anything. It's more about them than who they are trying to help.

Musical trends are a bit different. People like what is popular and are more quick to be exposed to it.

Liking popular musicians isn't really on the same level as jumping on social band wagons.

Fanatical Zealot

A lot of them are.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
worse than i seem
I agree with some of your points, especially TOM shoes and KONY 2012.

I think it's mostly a quick and easy way for these people to feel good about themselves and feel like they made a difference without actually having to do anything. It's more about them than who they are trying to help.

Musical trends are a bit different. People like what is popular and are more quick to be exposed to it.

Liking popular musicians isn't really on the same level as jumping on social band wagons.

This! Especially what is in bold.
Everyone fallsinto little trends.Weather we realize this or not, Toms, kony, and Taylor are good examples, but almost all the products and music we listen to are results of trends in our social groups. Just because some trends have exploded like the ones mentioned, doesn't make the followers idiots. Skinny jeans are a trend, being green is a trend,your favourite band is probably a trend or was at some point.

Dapper Phantom

Ew, Toms shoes are so fugly.

I felt like Kony was a scam from the beginning. Never shared the video, didn't even watch it. It smelled like s**t and I ran away from it.

Ummm... I like Adele. I don't feel sorry for her, I don't give a s**t that she's fat, nor do I think she's an "underdog". She is an amazing bluesy singer and we need more passion like her's in the mainstream. I was blown away when she won those Grammy's. I thought her music didn't meet most people's tastes and I had no idea she was so popular. Ran into her music one day while listening to Winehouse on Pandora. That's how I discovered Adele. I like her songs about heartbreak and relationship issues, and I think it's shitty that you're assuming she is JUST doing it for money. I think it's about her own relationships/experiences. And no s**t people write songs that they feel others will relate to! You want people to enjoy listening to it. Adele has not made 100 albums about one issue, she hasn't made 100 songs about it either. And yeah most of her songs are about relationships. Welcome to the blues genre. It's about being depressed and feeling down about love and life. She's doing very well. If I comment on an Adele video, I'll say s**t like, "Rich voice, great composition in the video, love, love love it!" I tend to post actual "critique" of the video in a short quip because YouTube does not allow a long reply. I give a really short and sweet sentiment. I do it on all sorts of really famous people's videos.

As for love songs vs. sex... I'm just not seeing "sex" songs get killed and hated by people. I mean Nicki Minaj, for instance, sings some pretty sexual music with really vulgar music videos, and people dig her. And the sex songs ARE mainstream. Like LMFAO's music is really popular and they can be downright nasty.

Meh, Taylor Swift has always kind of seemed like a fake. In contrast when Lady Gaga cries, it seems very real. I also know that Katy Perry is a big fake, and I kind of hate her even though I like her voice.

Yes while some performers are just doing the same thing over and over not ALL performers are just completely fake. I've watched Adele enough for instance to tell when she's having a bad day during a life performance. Also these are real tears:

Trend followers would range from average to stupid. Stupid people learn by imitating what is around them, like a parrot. If a person sees people they think are cool wearing Nike shoes, they're gonna want some Nike shoes. If everybody around them is saying "for shizzle" or "in da house" then they will too.

Intelligent people usually don't care about these trivial things as they have more challenging things on their minds.
Yeah, I'm going to agree that it's easy as opposed to difficult.

It's funny though because I like Adele and I'm a big girl. Hahahha. I don't think I've ever intentionally insulted someone for being skinny though. I mean if they're a b***h, I'll say b***h, but nothing to do with their size. I know how it feels to be insulted on the basis of your body, so I wouldn't do that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff