Welcome to Gaia! ::

deadroosters
Project 429
Nothing is going to happen to your stupid assault rifles, chicken little.

People like this make me wish bad things would happen, and that's probably bad for my karma. Do my karma a favor and don't talk s**t about freedom.

The recent legislation in Missouri, Washington, and now Colorado that just passed is leading to massive corporate migration.

Part of that migration means loss of resources to relocate, in addition to loss of jobs for families that can't afford to move with these companies. Who would have imagined you could see so much economic damage caused by a non violent law? But bans do that. It doesn't matter if its alcohol or Marijuana or Guns or some foreign sports car, you cause the economy of some place else to do better than your own, and cause criminal behavior to exist where it did not.

P429 clearly doesn't have a clue about reality.
Michael Noire
deadroosters
Project 429

People like this make me wish bad things would happen, and that's probably bad for my karma. Do my karma a favor and don't talk s**t about freedom.

The recent legislation in Missouri, Washington, and now Colorado that just passed is leading to massive corporate migration.

Part of that migration means loss of resources to relocate, in addition to loss of jobs for families that can't afford to move with these companies. Who would have imagined you could see so much economic damage caused by a non violent law? But bans do that. It doesn't matter if its alcohol or Marijuana or Guns or some foreign sports car, you cause the economy of some place else to do better than your own, and cause criminal behavior to exist where it did not.

Clearly. Bitchin' analysis, though, I never would have thought of that right off the rip.

Fanatical Zealot

Project 429

Assault rifles are already banned, and lots of calls for regular, decent weapons are already here, with people being urged to join without actually having people explain what the laws would entail. xp
deadroosters
Michael Noire
deadroosters
Project 429

Clearly. Bitchin' analysis, though, I never would have thought of that right off the rip.

here's some notes from Magpul, currently based in Colorado, with plans on moving.
Magpul

They (legislators) really need to understand that our customer base is as passionate about freedoms as we are, and staying here if this bill passes would cripple the company. Make no doubt about it…we have no choice, and would be forced to leave in order to save the business.”

Magpul cited the example of the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show, which was canceled earlier this year after the organizers announced that it would not permit a popular category of firearm, like the ones Magpul makes accessories for, in the show. Public outcry from the customer base forced exhibitors to withdraw from participation, causing the cancellation of the show, and an estimated loss of $70 million of show revenue for hotels, restaurants, merchants, and other businesses in Pennsylvania, where the show was to be held.

Magpul Industries directly employs 200 people, supports another 400 supply-chain jobs, and contributes over $85 million annually to Colorado’s economy.
colbert and stewart have been pretty heavy handed with anti-gun sentiment, it makes you wonder what the percentage of media that supports firearms really is. About half the people in FOX for example, are actually gun moderates/anti gun, such as ORielley.

The rhetoric is divisive and bad for our economy. Every person we lock up for possession of an empty magazine is another hard working American that we now have to subsidize in a prison.
As state legislators are become increasingly more blunt, and with news anchors and pundits becoming more hostile, actual "confiscation" is becoming the new hot topic of reality.

Quote:
Is it possible – or even imaginable – that in the United States of America, police could go door to door and confiscate citizens’ legally owned firearms?

To many, such a concern is conspiratorial and evidence of paranoia. They might be surprised to learn that not only has outright gun confiscation of legally purchased weapons already occurred in a major way in the U.S., but public officials in some areas are right now attempting to pass legislation to allow more of the same.

Alas, with the national furor over multiple new gun restrictions being proposed by President Obama via “executive action,” in Congress, in state legislatures and in municipalities, the plan being forwarded by officials in Guntersville, Ala., this week drew scarcely a mention in the media.

Mayor Leigh Dollar says that in case of an emergency or crisis, she wants police officers to have the authority to “disarm individuals, if necessary.”

“We are not trying to infringe upon anyone constitutional rights whatsoever,” she says. “It’s just to protect the workers working out there in a disaster.”

The ordinance is up for debate at the city council meeting next week.

Read more at New Source WND

Bonus link:
Bill Would Help States Copy Calif. Gun Confiscation Program

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
assault weapons have been banned for a few decades now. (since 1986)

the bad news is that they started calling regular self loading firearms (non machine guns) "assault weapons" now,and started going after them, even though they are not.

and when regular self loading firearms are gone they will start labeling what's left as "assault weapons"

...and repeat it as many times as it takes until everything is banned.

clever tactic... ban what you claimed to be after first...and then just refer to everything else as being the same and hope people don't notice.

thankfully many people are smarter than that.
I've heard the Feinstein part of the bill dedicated to "assault weapons" has been booted, but what does that leave remaining?

Dangerous Lunatic

People talk about gun murders and gun deaths in the U.S. but really
Where are you getting your statistics?

Have you looked at other countries with tighter gun legislation?
Have you seen the U.K.?
Violent crime is ******** crazy over there.
And Washington D.C.? It has one of the most restrictive gun laws in America, and have you seen its crime rates?
Next time you are down that way go a little ways off from the White house.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff