Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

You know... Obama has proposed an assault weapons ban, and one has happened before.

It does seem to be happening. I think law enforcement will refuse.

So he'll hire mercenaries.

He's already done stuff like before, unfortunately.

Magical Girl

Michael Noire
so there's this new technique, called Tax incentives.

It works like this:

The government raises your taxes
The government says it wants your guns
Then the government demands the taxes
Then the government says it will lower your taxes if you surrender your guns.

Now when you think about it, it's very clever, but I believe the technical definition of this kind of brilliance is extortion.

Think about it. Here's the flow of logic:

Man comes to your house, says "give me more money"
you respond, "but ive already paid you"
man says "give me money or I'll call the police"
police come and say 'come with us to jail or we will shoot you"
man says "ok, now you know we will shoot you if you do not give us your money, but let's make you an offer you can't refuse. You give us your guns, and you don't have to pay... this time"
[Snide]

New technique? How do you think Reagan got the drinking age raised to 21?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Tadpole Jackson
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ban sub-semi-automatic lever-action assault-carbines!

since those are manually cycled, and the "automatic" part in "semi-automatic" and "full-automatic" is basically just a reference to the autoloader mechanism that takes a round from a magazine ( detachable or integral ) and puts it in the chamber without the user having to operate a mechanism to do so ( fun fact: lever-actions were once called "repeaters," because they didn't have to be manually reloaded after each shot), then why not just call them "sub-automatics?"

and, rather than calling them "assault carbines" ( which is already a thing, in that it's a term used to describe a shortened carbine version of an assault rifle ), we could call these "sub-automatic assault guns."

plus, if we do that, we could include single-action revolvers in the list, which, if they add language to the AWB that classifies double-action revolvers as "semi-automatic" ( they both serve the same general function, but through entirely different means ) would successfully ban all handguns except for muzzle-loaders, derringers and pepperboxes.

further, since pump-action shotguns and bolt-action rifles still see military use ( pump shotties for CQB and door-breaching, bolt rifles for snipers ) and the fact that revolvers and early lever-actions were used by troops in the American Civil War, they could still rile people up by calling them "military-style weapons"

Desirable Businessman

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The20
A guy who owns guns himself wants to ban guns. That's rich.
The former governor of Alabama fought hard to keep gambling out of Alabama when he was a co-owner of a dog track in Birmingham. Hypocrisy runs rampant in politics.
Suicidesoldier#1
You know... Obama has proposed an assault weapons ban, and one has happened before.

Larry Matasareanu says: They did it after Katrina so you know it's not a problem

Fanatical Zealot

Larry Matasareanu The 2nd
Suicidesoldier#1

Larry Matasareanu says: They did it after Katrina so you know it's not a problem

Which is the problem in this scenario. sweatdrop

Considering the situation this could play out either way.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Guns kill people. Cars kill people. Drugs kill people. Knives kill people. Airplanes kill people. Hippos kill people. Texting kills people. Ban all of it.
Oh and lightning kills people. Ban lightning too.
Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Larry Matasareanu says: I'm hoping it's ruled unconstitutional
Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Merc's, or even more detestable, would be the UN involved. That would cause some major problems as a lot of American's can't stand either.

Fanatical Zealot

Old Blue Collar Joe
Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Merc's, or even more detestable, would be the UN involved. That would cause some major problems as a lot of American's can't stand either.

Yeah. xp

But I'm hoping, and pretty sure, unless something crazy happens, that if we focus on the benefits of guns, explain dem, and whatnot, we'll be okay. xp

Fanatical Zealot

Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Larry Matasareanu says: I'm hoping it's ruled unconstitutional

I'm pretty sure it will be.

But that doesn't mean the other option isn't unlikely. O_o
Suicidesoldier#1
Old Blue Collar Joe
Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Yeah. xp

But I'm hoping, and pretty sure, unless something crazy happens, that if we focus on the benefits of guns, explain dem, and whatnot, we'll be okay. xp

to anti-gunners? You'd have better luck teaching a duck to s**t diamonds.
Laws that are unconstitutional are not laws.

Refuse to obey, civil disobedience. Be Ghandi.

Fanatical Zealot

Old Blue Collar Joe
Suicidesoldier#1
Old Blue Collar Joe
Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Yeah. xp

to anti-gunners? You'd have better luck teaching a duck to s**t diamonds.

That can be arranged.
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
429's not a leftist. But please, continue. I've invented an engine that runs purely on confirmation bias and you're providing enough fuel to power New York City for a whole month.

Are you seriously going to deny the fact that they are, indeed, going after a LOT of firearms?
It's a lot of post conflict firefighting that won't amount to much, at all.

Seriously, folks said that after the Aurora shooting. Nothing happened. Nothing ever does.

And when was the last time it was at this pitch? No thanks. I'd rather let them know quite well how unpopular this actually is rather than sit on the sidelines because those on the left want to attempt to downplay it so their opposition is sitting around like dumbasses.
Way too many are taking actions that are decidedly unconstitutional, and they need to be shouted down and told to go home.
If gun rights advocates are seriously about Constitutionality, they need to start shouting down DOMA and gay marriage bans. Then we'll know they're serious. Oftentimes it seems they're selective about what parts of the Constitution they want enforced. Can't have that.
im cool with that and infact I am against both bans the stopped and have nothing to surve but dumb ******** and hypocrites.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff