Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ban sub-semi-automatic lever-action assault-carbines!
chainmailleman
God Emperor Akhenaton
It's still a delusion. Legislation will be talked about and nothing will happen. It has always been that way for over an century.

Delusion - a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

If this were a delusion, we would have no sources, no government legislation, no media coverage, nothing.

Since this is a reality, we have sources, there are bills and even the president is considering treason with executive order, and every media outlet is screaming.

Shill.

The Media talking about it is proof that it is a delusion. The media does not talk about the real issues. Issues like the fact that the top 1% are taking away your money and making it harder for you to own a home or property or to start up your own business. That is a real issue. None of this gun bullshit thats been spewing all over the place.

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
God Emperor Akhenaton
chainmailleman
God Emperor Akhenaton
It's still a delusion. Legislation will be talked about and nothing will happen. It has always been that way for over an century.

Delusion - a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

If this were a delusion, we would have no sources, no government legislation, no media coverage, nothing.

Since this is a reality, we have sources, there are bills and even the president is considering treason with executive order, and every media outlet is screaming.

Shill.

The Media talking about it is proof that it is a delusion. The media does not talk about the real issues. Issues like the fact that the top 1% are taking away your money and making it harder for you to own a home or property or to start up your own business. That is a real issue. None of this gun bullshit thats been spewing all over the place.
damn... I need to invest in rolls of tin foil to protect me from those 1%'ers

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Keltoi Samurai
LadyBramante

A murdered person(s) ...right to vote is revoked (except in Florida) and they are nailed into a coffin - surely a fairly significant loss of 'freedoms' ???

most people who tell that joke reference Chicago, where it actually effected the outcome of a Presidential Election

I think that un-joke may first have referenced New York - where Tammany Hall paid street gangs to vote the graveyard ticket, so blatantly and extensively that those gangs went on to become America's Organised Crime Problem.

I referenced Florida, because that's where Jeb Bush so blatantly rigged the ballot for his brother in 2000.

The point is worth raising in this thread because democracy-corrupting kleptocrats like Tammany Hall and Bush are so blatantly NOT 'skeered of our guns'.

Nor did the 2nd Amendment protect American Citizens from their own armed agents at Kent State in 1970 or in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings

A gun-worshipping populace is a querulous,dangerous populace to police.

And those who police it go into life-threatening situations motivated by loyalty to their 'brothers' who wear the same uniform.
They don't give a stuff about shooting you down if you're waving a gun at another cop.
And that quickly extends to them not giving a stuff if you just MIGHT have had a gun on you.

And the NRA's reading of that 'constitootional' sentence about 'well regulated Militia' means that every 'customer' the cops get called to might well have a gun - statistically, maybe two or three - about his person.

The 'couple of dozen' justifiable homicides in the OBJ's annual statistics are nearly all some cop shooting an angry, stupid person who was brandishing a 'self-defense' weapon.
LadyBramante
Keltoi Samurai
LadyBramante

A murdered person(s) ...right to vote is revoked (except in Florida) and they are nailed into a coffin - surely a fairly significant loss of 'freedoms' ???

most people who tell that joke reference Chicago, where it actually effected the outcome of a Presidential Election

I think that un-joke may first have referenced New York - where Tammany Hall paid street gangs to vote the graveyard ticket, so blatantly and extensively that those gangs went on to become America's Organised Crime Problem.

I referenced Florida, because that's where Jeb Bush so blatantly rigged the ballot for his brother in 2000.

The point is worth raising in this thread because democracy-corrupting kleptocrats like Tammany Hall and Bush are so blatantly NOT 'skeered of our guns'.

Nor did the 2nd Amendment protect American Citizens from their own armed agents at Kent State in 1970 or in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings

A gun-worshipping populace is a querulous,dangerous populace to police.

And those who police it go into life-threatening situations motivated by loyalty to their 'brothers' who wear the same uniform.
They don't give a stuff about shooting you down if you're waving a gun at another cop.
And that quickly extends to them not giving a stuff if you just MIGHT have had a gun on you.

And the NRA's reading of that 'constitootional' sentence about 'well regulated Militia' means that every 'customer' the cops get called to might well have a gun - statistically, maybe two or three - about his person.

The 'couple of dozen' justifiable homicides in the OBJ's annual statistics are nearly all some cop shooting an angry, stupid person who was brandishing a 'self-defense' weapon.

It's getting a bit hyperbolic in here.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Tadpole Jackson

Congratulations on spelling 'hyperbolic' correctly.

However, to quote Inigo Montoya, 'I don't think that word means what you think it means'.

Why do I think that ?

Because I used no hyperbole.
LadyBramante
Tadpole Jackson

Congratulations on spelling 'hyperbolic' correctly.

However, to quote Inigo Montoya, 'I don't think that word means what you think it means'.

Why do I think that ?

Your last four paragraphs were getting there in a hurry.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Tadpole Jackson
LadyBramante

No.
LadyBramante
Tadpole Jackson
LadyBramante

No.

Your agreement isn't required.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Tadpole Jackson
LadyBramante
Tadpole Jackson
LadyBramante

No.

If you're just mud-slinging (not very competently) then you are correct.

If we're having an argument, you need more than a baseless assertion.

Give some grounds.
Make a meaningful statement.
Let's have some critical discourse.
State an antithesis to my hypothesis.
LadyBramante
Tadpole Jackson
LadyBramante
Tadpole Jackson
LadyBramante

No.

If you're just mud-slinging (not very competently) then you are correct.

If we're having an argument, you need more than a baseless assertion.

Give some grounds.
Make a meaningful statement.
Let's have some critical discourse.
State an antithesis to my hypothesis.

I'd really rather not.
Recon_Ninja_985
God Emperor Akhenaton
chainmailleman
God Emperor Akhenaton

Shill.

damn... I need to invest in rolls of tin foil to protect me from those 1%'ers

That isn't a conspiracy. When the markets fell, did the government bail out the people? No. They took your tax dollars and gave it to the same cocksuckers who caused this.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
chainmailleman
God Emperor Akhenaton

Shill.

The 1% print and loan the money to the 99% at interest. That's the income tax. We never owned our money to begin with. That's how Central Banks work.

This "gun control bullshit" is a push on your individual rights. They take one, they take another and another. Soon, you have nothing left.

When will the other side of your brain fire up and start working?
chainmailleman

This "gun control bullshit" is a push on your individual rights. They take one, they take another and another. Soon, you have nothing left.

HUUURGGHHHHHH DURRRRHHH
Why is it illegal for me to own a rocket launcher, thAn?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Project 429
chainmailleman

HUUURGGHHHHHH DURRRRHHH
Why is it illegal for me to own a rocket launcher, thAn?

Ask your Non-Representing Representative.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff