Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you wouldn't burn a quran to prove a point, then why burn a bible? Both of them are sacred texts that belong to two distinct religious communities.

Edit: typo

Sparkly Fairy

10,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Kuja v5
GunsmithKitten
Epique Phael]Enjoy your life as Christians take over the world and prevent you from doing things such as kill, steal, lie, and cheat on your s
btew0hmb:2="Epique Phael]Enjoy your life as Christians take over the world and prevent you from doing things such as kill, steal, lie, and cheat on your spouse

No gay marriage, remember. I won't have a spouse to cheat on.

Also, good chance that sodomy laws would be the law of the land again, and I'd be in prison.

Sounds like a glorious world.

It still pains me to think about just how close our Lord God Hitler was to achieving this ideal.

User Image

Aged Lunatic

Kuja v5
GunsmithKitten
Epique Phael]Enjoy your life as Christians take over the world and prevent you from doing things such as kill, steal, lie, and cheat on your s
btew0hmb:2="Epique Phael]Enjoy your life as Christians take over the world and prevent you from doing things such as kill, steal, lie, and cheat on your spouse

No gay marriage, remember. I won't have a spouse to cheat on.

Also, good chance that sodomy laws would be the law of the land again, and I'd be in prison.

Sounds like a glorious world.

It still pains me to think about just how close our Lord God Hitler was to achieving this ideal.

I'm sure it would be to you.

And the possibilities of such a thing are why I keep myself armed and prepared to fight.
Belonging To Night
If you wouldn't burn a quran to prove a point, then why burn a bible? Those of them are sacred texts that belong to two distinct religious communities.

Because he knows that burning a church won't get any, but MAYBE, a nutjob or two out for his a**. he knows if he burns a koran, and advertises that fact? Yeah, then he's put a big, fat bullseye on his a**.
It's really nothing more than 'Operation Chicken s**t'. Talk big and bad about 'all religion are bad and he's gonna burn their books...but only if they are the Bible. Nothing more.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Belonging To Night
If you wouldn't burn a quran to prove a point, then why burn a bible? Those of them are sacred texts that belong to two distinct religious communities.

Because he knows that burning a church won't get any, but MAYBE, a nutjob or two out for his a**. he knows if he burns a koran, and advertises that fact? Yeah, then he's put a big, fat bullseye on his a**.
It's really nothing more than 'Operation Chicken s**t'. Talk big and bad about 'all religion are bad and he's gonna burn their books...but only if they are the Bible. Nothing more.

I don't know... she very easily could have the mind to burn qurans to prove a point. I basically just assuming things with my post, which I probably shouldn't have. But too often I see people who have that mindset you're talking about. Doing this because of that, but not doing that because of this.
Belonging To Night
Old Blue Collar Joe
Belonging To Night

Because he knows that burning a Bible won't get any, but MAYBE, a nutjob or two out for his a**. he knows if he burns a koran, and advertises that fact? Yeah, then he's put a big, fat bullseye on his a**.

I don't know... she very easily could have the mind to burn qurans to prove a point. I basically just assuming things with my post, which I probably shouldn't have. But too often I see people who have that mindset you're talking about. Doing this because of that, but not doing that because of this.

And you'll notice they always choose the path that offers the least risk. In this case, burning Bibles means they wasted money on books, the media/most people won't care. Say you're burning Korans? You'll get media...and lots of new people popping up.
It's really, as far as I can tell, an internet troll flaming hard.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Belonging To Night
Old Blue Collar Joe
Belonging To Night

Because he knows that burning a Bible won't get any, but MAYBE, a nutjob or two out for his a**. he knows if he burns a koran, and advertises that fact? Yeah, then he's put a big, fat bullseye on his a**.

And you'll notice they always choose the path that offers the least risk. In this case, burning Bibles means they wasted money on books, the media/most people won't care. Say you're burning Korans? You'll get media...and lots of new people popping up.

The path with the least rick is something I would consider to be the legal path, lol. Rather than burning down a church, which you suggested earlier. I think that's illegal. On the other hand, burning a book, at least in the US, is not illegal.

As for the double standard, I can't really touch on that subject since it seems to be majority rule in the regard that people and the media find one thing more acceptable than the other. Beliefs and opinions and all that.
Do you mean the Muslim bible, the Koran, or the Christian, King James Bible? There's a definite difference.

vegaspresent's Queen

Girl-Crazy Lover

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Im sorry OP, but i am ageanst your idea becuase it is what the Republicans and the religus zealots want. So by full filling your plan, you would only prove them right. What we need, is to be the figurative adults in the room and not fall for ther tit for tat bull s**t! scream
Belonging To Night
Old Blue Collar Joe
Belonging To Night
Old Blue Collar Joe
Belonging To Night

The path with the least rick is something I would consider to be the legal path, lol. Rather than burning down a church, which you suggested earlier. I think that's illegal. On the other hand, burning a book, at least in the US, is not illegal.

As for the double standard, I can't really touch on that subject since it seems to be majority rule in the regard that people and the media find one thing more acceptable than the other. Beliefs and opinions and all that.

Yeah...saying church was a typo. I meant Bible.
I'd heard Bible paper makes for good rolling paper in a pinch.
Burning books, huh? How original.
I would be shocked by all of this had i not long ago reached the conclusion that, as a whole, humanity is ******** retarded.
GunsmithKitten
Death Magnificent
GunsmithKitten
(siggy)

Which anime, please?

Secret World of Arietty

I was hoping it'd be something I'd actually watch. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff