• Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Vixianna
My Dog Mr. Kitty
The Herald of War
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Apologetic]

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to challenge your white male supremacist paradigm. It has to be weird having that happen, huh?

Please show me where I said that white males are superior to anyone

Lol when you're trying to act like white males were the ruling people for most of history... heh... you're kind of obvious in your bias. Whether it's conscious or not.

And are you saying that white males haven't controlled the majority of power in the world for the majority of the time?

I'm not saying white males are better than anyone else, I'm just saying they've had the power much more than other genders and races, which is why they are much more prominent in history than others

No! bad dog! Go learn some real history. Because it's not like China and India haven't been nations for thousands of ******** years or anything. Or you know, the Babylonians, or the Assyrians, or the Japanese, they don't exist! ******** Incas, or the Mayans, or the Aztec, what are those? Timbuktu, the Taj ma Hal, the great wall of China.

Gun powder, fireworks, the Arrow, the independent invention of sails and paper. Cuniform, pictographs and hieroglyphics, the ******** first Alphabet. The abacus, the number systems of the Incas, and the Hindu-Arabic numerals we use TODAY. The concept of Zero, maps of the heavens and the seasons, ********-

You know what? Look this s**t up! All of dat s**t? Not from white men thank you. I haven't even started on women yet, do you want me to?
I know world history, I'm not stupid
Yes, there have been other great nations without whites(although I'm pretty sure the only races are blacks, asians, and caucasians. "look this s**t up!"
But european powers have clearly had much more influence over the majority of the world than others, you can't deny that

I'm simply trying to explain why education in the united states is primarily about white males, I'm not saying anyone is better or worse than anyone

Lunatic

My Dog Mr. Kitty
Vixianna
My Dog Mr. Kitty
The Herald of War
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Apologetic]

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to challenge your white male supremacist paradigm. It has to be weird having that happen, huh?

Please show me where I said that white males are superior to anyone

Lol when you're trying to act like white males were the ruling people for most of history... heh... you're kind of obvious in your bias. Whether it's conscious or not.

And are you saying that white males haven't controlled the majority of power in the world for the majority of the time?

I'm not saying white males are better than anyone else, I'm just saying they've had the power much more than other genders and races, which is why they are much more prominent in history than others

No! bad dog! Go learn some real history. Because it's not like China and India haven't been nations for thousands of ******** years or anything. Or you know, the Babylonians, or the Assyrians, or the Japanese, they don't exist! ******** Incas, or the Mayans, or the Aztec, what are those? Timbuktu, the Taj ma Hal, the great wall of China.

Gun powder, fireworks, the Arrow, the independent invention of sails and paper. Cuniform, pictographs and hieroglyphics, the ******** first Alphabet. The abacus, the number systems of the Incas, and the Hindu-Arabic numerals we use TODAY. The concept of Zero, maps of the heavens and the seasons, ********-

You know what? Look this s**t up! All of dat s**t? Not from white men thank you. I haven't even started on women yet, do you want me to?
Yes, there have been other great nations without whites(although I'm pretty sure the only races are blacks, asians, and caucasians. "look this s**t up!"
But european powers have clearly had much more influence over the majority of the world than others, you can't deny that

I'm simply trying to explain why education in the united states is primarily about white males, I'm not saying anyone is better or worse than anyone

Education in the United States is primarily about white males because white males are currently running show and no one wants to teach the real story. In reality, the actual multi-racial story of US is completely ignored in favor of white-only stories. People are going to skirt over NDN's and ignore both their contribution to society and how they apply today. People skirt around blacks, asians, etc. in America too.

The concept the European powers have had much more influence over the majority of the world is completely false. Speaking from the entirety of history's view, it would probably the Islamic that have changed the world the most. Either that or the Chinese, except China didn't really interact with the rest of the world back then so its effect is less so. The Islamic folk spread out far and wide and interacted with multiple other cultures, bringing their knowledge that took the knowledge that other nations have rejected (from previous empires such as the romans/greeks, whose knowledge was rejected by Europeans) and built upon it with their own concepts such as Arabic numerals, medical advancements, etc.

Europeans have not much more influence over the majority of the world overall. Recently that is true, but it doesn't justify the whitewashed history that is being taught in US.

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
SoullessSingularity
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Vixianna
My Dog Mr. Kitty
The Herald of War

Education in the United States is primarily about white males because white males are currently running show and no one wants to teach the real story. In reality, the actual multi-racial story of US is completely ignored in favor of white-only stories. People are going to skirt over NDN's and ignore both their contribution to society and how they apply today. People skirt around blacks, asians, etc. in America too.

The concept the European powers have had much more influence over the majority of the world is completely false. Speaking from the entirety of history's view, it would probably the Islamic that have changed the world the most. Either that or the Chinese, except China didn't really interact with the rest of the world back then so its effect is less so. The Islamic folk spread out far and wide and interacted with multiple other cultures, bringing their knowledge that took the knowledge that other nations have rejected (from previous empires such as the romans/greeks, whose knowledge was rejected by Europeans) and built upon it with their own concepts such as Arabic numerals, medical advancements, etc.

Europeans have not much more influence over the majority of the world overall. Recently that is true, but it doesn't justify the whitewashed history that is being taught in US.

I don't know about you, but in world history courses, very little of it was about white cultures
American history? I'd say at least a quarter of the whole class was devoted to the civil rights movement in the 60's
European history? It kind of has to be all about europeans

I'm not seeing the issue here

EDIT: I changed what I said about american history. It's early, I messed up

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Could have fooled me...

My Dog Mr. Kitty

Besides the racial categories being WHOLLY inaccurate and wrong? No. Even the strictest definitions include Native Americans and Aboriginals who don't fall under any of the "original" three races.

My Dog Mr. Kitty

Actually I can because it's not true . Yes White men have had a strong influence over the course of American history, or the history of any European country. But the history of the world isn't solely in the hands of white men. In fact, your original claim was that "Well, that's kind of because for just about all of recorded human history, white males controlled all the power, so were the most important for history...And are you saying that white males haven't controlled the majority of power in the world for the majority of the time?"

Blatant ******** untruths. Like ridiculously so. The entire world? For ALL of human history? Are you shitting me? "White" people haven't even EXISTED for the whole of human history so get that weak sauce out of here man.

My Dog Mr. Kitty

Education in America is primarily about white men because that's what we want to talk about. We don't integrate the experiences of women and other races into the historical cloth, because to do so would show those same white men in an unflattering light. Women's contributions have been routinely and historically ignored throughout western history.(and well history in general) Minority accomplishments, not just blacks, are swept under the rug, downplayed, or taught unconnected from the rest of the flow of history in America. How are you to understand why Nat Turner was so influential if you not only don't teach about him, but don't teach the effects of his actions? Rosalind Franklin and Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin aren't anomalous examples of women's abilities and science, they just aren't spoken about.

Get it through your thick head, women and People of Color have and continue to have an effect not just on US history but the course of the world. How ******** ignorant can you be to suggest white men in goddamn Europe had something to do with the Flourishing hyper advanced civilization of the Mayas? With the creation of the Pyramids? With the development of gun powder and paper? Or scrolls and papyrus? With the Alphabet or writing? The first piece of recorded music isn't European either.

And this is ignoring the fact there were three whole continents unconnected to Europe in any way that produced novel and advanced civilizations. Our very democracy is modeled off the Iroquois nation-states. The way they came together to form a federation. But you didn't know that did you?

As much as we don't learn about the real consequences of manifest destiny and the colonizations of America and Africa, we also don't learn how those same people's achievements and ideas shaped the nation.

Stop insisting that you aren't saying someone is better or worse. No one said that about you. No one has called you racist. NO ONE. You are the only one saying over and over that you aren't trying to say someone is better or superior. You know why? Well for one you obviously feel guilty or understand that on some level continuing to say that only white men created the world implies terrible things about everyone else. But mostly, it's because it's you keep deflecting instead of actually examining what's being said.

Us saying that YES other people have contributed to the world at large isn't some indictment of your person. It's actual reality. So stop insisting and actually listen ok?

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
nooo it shouldn't be celebrated D=
what a racist holiday >w<
reverse-racism and stuff...

[depressed]
how come my race doesnt get a 'history month'? q.q

Lunatic

My Dog Mr. Kitty
SoullessSingularity
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Vixianna
My Dog Mr. Kitty
The Herald of War

I don't know about you, but in world history courses, very little of it was about white cultures
American history? I'd say at least a quarter of the whole class was devoted to the civil rights movement in the 60's
European history? It kind of has to be all about europeans

I'm not seeing the issue here

EDIT: I changed what I said about american history. It's early, I messed up

> mention in world history courses
> goes on to mention european + american histories in particular, but only the 1960's for americans
> being a ******** and implying the rest of the world can just go under "world"
> "I'm not seeing the issue here"
I don't know about you, but I think you should shut up.
silverbird6

[depressed]

I'm 100% positive that you're an idiot.

Like seriously you don't understand what racism is and reverse racism doesn't exist.
1. Racism: system of oppression that takes away rights and opportunities from a race that is deemed inferior

2. Last time I checked, African Americans weren't taking rights and opportunities from white people, since you know, we don't have the means to do that. That would require us actually being treated like humans and acknowledged.

3. You don't need a ******** month you have all 12 months

4. I also like how you're only mad about black history month. Excuse me, but there's a Hispanic Heritage month, Asian History month, Irish history month, the list goes on.

Clearly you just don't like black people

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
eiji_panda13
silverbird6

[depressed]

Like seriously you don't understand what racism is and reverse racism doesn't exist.
1. Racism: system of oppression that takes away rights and opportunities from a race that is deemed inferior

2. Last time I checked, African Americans weren't taking rights and opportunities from white people, since you know, we don't have the means to do that. That would require us actually being treated like humans and acknowledged.

4. I also like how you're only mad about black history month. Excuse me, but there's a Hispanic Heritage month, Asian History month, Irish history month, the list goes on.

1. Racism: "1:a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race 2:racial prejudice or discrimination"
Your definition is s**t, it entirely leaves out prejudice and discrimination, ie: if some white person hates a black persons guts because they're black, they aren't racist by your incompetent definition, because it doesn't take away rights or opportunities of said black person.

2. What about the right to an equal work environment? equality? yeah, minorities get hired all the time over white people just because they need to meet a 'quota' of minorities set by government legislature, doesn't matter if you're better for the job, a minority gets your slot anyways if that's what they need.

3. Since when was every year deemed "white history year"? you dont hear about history specific to whites, just because they're white, that'd be stupid, but thats exactly what "black history month" is.

4. Thread is about black history month, and frankly, black history month is all you ever hear about in schools; teachers go over black history in English/History class and never ever mention irish or asian or any other history month. Yes reverse racism applies to all "insert-race/ethnicity-here history month" but its not a problem for any other race because it isn't boasted about in public school systems. Is it reverse racist because my teacher never gave me an assignment over irish or asian history during their respective "history-months"? No, but it's reverse-racist that they gave me assignments about black history during black history month.
The real question is why isn't there a morgan freeman month?

Dapper Informer

9,100 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Sir Fharlanghn
The real question is why isn't there a morgan freeman month?

Indeed. The man needs to be celebrated.

Dapper Dabbler

10,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The biggest problem I have with black history month is how it's celebrated, at least in my high school. All students are herded into the gym for a three hour long assembly consisting of black students singing, reading poems, playing instruments, and dancing, as well as guest speakers talking about how "they" had been mistreated by slave owners, as if it had actually happened to them personally. There's nothing taught during that specific month that wouldn't have been taught anyway because of the impact it had to history in general. It makes me pretty sick when I hear people talking about their ancestors histories as if they had personally experienced it. You know who my ancestors are? Cherokees. And there's nothing taught about them in schools except in elementary school.

Hilarious Prophet

The should be a Jacque history month.

Aged Explorer

silverbird6

[depressed]
What ignorance you show.

Black history is about the African diaspora. Everyday is really black history in the same way everyday is Italian, Jewish, German, Spanish, etc. history.
silverbird6
eiji_panda13
silverbird6

[depressed]

1. Racism: "1:a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race 2:racial prejudice or discrimination"
Your definition is s**t, it entirely leaves out prejudice and discrimination, ie: if some white person hates a black persons guts because they're black, they aren't racist by your incompetent definition, because it doesn't take away rights or opportunities of said black person.

2. What about the right to an equal work environment? equality? yeah, minorities get hired all the time over white people just because they need to meet a 'quota' of minorities set by government legislature, doesn't matter if you're better for the job, a minority gets your slot anyways if that's what they need.

3. Since when was every year deemed "white history year"? you dont hear about history specific to whites, just because they're white, that'd be stupid, but thats exactly what "black history month" is.

4. Thread is about black history month, and frankly, black history month is all you ever hear about in schools; teachers go over black history in English/History class and never ever mention irish or asian or any other history month. Yes reverse racism applies to all "insert-race/ethnicity-here history month" but its not a problem for any other race because it isn't boasted about in public school systems. Is it reverse racist because my teacher never gave me an assignment over irish or asian history during their respective "history-months"? No, but it's reverse-racist that they gave me assignments about black history during black history month.

1. You have the wrong definition. My definition is correct. Also we are discussing racism not prejudice.

2. How did we get on the subject of equal work?

3. There doesn't have to be a declaration of white history year. Look at any history text book for any grade level. You always learn about the accomplishments of white men like George Washington and Lewis and Clark, and so on and so on. All history focuses on white men.

4. This topic is about black history month. But the premise behind the discussion is whether or not we shouldn't celebrate the history of a specific ethnicity for an entire month. And black history month is the most widely known because IDK the significance of slavery and then the emancipation of slaves, and its the longest celebrated tradition of having a month to learn about the accomplishments of minorities.

5. And like i said reverse racism doesn't exist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff