Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trigger vs's Wife

Dapper Conversationalist

HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

The rest of the year is designated to white, male history.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

Well, that's kind of because for just about all of recorded human history, white males controlled all the power, so were the most important for history

Magical Girl

My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

Well, that's kind of because for just about all of recorded human history, white males controlled all the power, so were the most important for history
[Annoyed]

And they had a habit of violently destroying any historical evidence that said otherwise, and hiding away anything they can't outright destroy.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

[Annoyed]

And they had a habit of violently destroying any historical evidence that said otherwise, and hiding away anything they can't outright destroy.
Riiight...

Magical Girl

My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

[Annoyed]

Riiight...
[Apologetic]

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to challenge your white male supremacist paradigm. It has to be weird having that happen, huh?

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

[Annoyed]

Riiight...
[Apologetic]

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to challenge your white male supremacist paradigm. It has to be weird having that happen, huh?

Please show me where I said that white males are superior to anyone

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

[Annoyed]

Riiight...
[Apologetic]

Lol when you're trying to act like white males were the ruling people for most of history... heh... you're kind of obvious in your bias. Whether it's conscious or not.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
The Herald of War
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

Riiight...
[Apologetic]

Lol when you're trying to act like white males were the ruling people for most of history... heh... you're kind of obvious in your bias. Whether it's conscious or not.

And are you saying that white males haven't controlled the majority of power in the world for the majority of the time?

I'm not saying white males are better than anyone else, I'm just saying they've had the power much more than other genders and races, which is why they are much more prominent in history than others

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty
The Herald of War
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Riiight...
[Apologetic]

And are you saying that white males haven't controlled the majority of power in the world for the majority of the time?

And you're claiming they have? In case you never learned it, the world includes that entire globe, not just the bits with white people on it.

Quote:

I'm not saying white males are better than anyone else, I'm just saying they've had the power much more than other genders and races, which is why they are much more prominent in history than others

Or you're blind to your own biases in which history you consider.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Solareflare
Black History Month was didn't use to be a month, it used to be a week, until some black person stated why do us black people only get a week and white people get a whole year. So, black people got a month in February. To me we get a month, instead of a year to ourselves, it seems foolish for black people to clown around and say, "Aw, that's not fair, white people get this and that."
However you don't see the Chinese, Mexicans, and Arabs that lived in America complain about their history and what is reminded. Black people are the only race I know who likes to remind people about their ancestors suffering. However, I don't see no Jews like, "Hey, we should have a month to remind the people that we were killed because of our nationality." Or whatever the reason why Hitler killed them....-_-'

Jews have been through a lot worse than just Hitler. As bad as that was, that was a goddamn day-spa, compared to what the Egyptians did to them...

User Image

And coincidentally, guess where Egypt is...

Fanatical Zealot

black_wing_angel
Solareflare
Black History Month was didn't use to be a month, it used to be a week, until some black person stated why do us black people only get a week and white people get a whole year. So, black people got a month in February. To me we get a month, instead of a year to ourselves, it seems foolish for black people to clown around and say, "Aw, that's not fair, white people get this and that."
However you don't see the Chinese, Mexicans, and Arabs that lived in America complain about their history and what is reminded. Black people are the only race I know who likes to remind people about their ancestors suffering. However, I don't see no Jews like, "Hey, we should have a month to remind the people that we were killed because of our nationality." Or whatever the reason why Hitler killed them....-_-'

Jews have been through a lot worse than just Hitler. As bad as that was, that was a goddamn day-spa, compared to what the Egyptians did to them...

User Image

Actually the pyramids were built by skilled artisans.

Since Judaism didn't pop up until at least a thousand years after the great pyramids or that sphinx statue were even built, they probably weren't the slaves for those structures. xp

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
black_wing_angel
Solareflare

User Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity

Still waiting on a Scottish history month.

Television? You're welcome.
Telephone? You're welcome.
Refrigerators? You're welcome.
Bicycles? You're welcome.
Penicillin? You're welcome.
Whisky? You're welcome.
Golf? You're welcome but none for me thanks.

But I digress.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Morgan Freeman is right. Black History Month is lame because it is merely lip service. Instead of actually treating black people with the respect they deserve, we give them a month-long "feel good" celebration. Instead of focusing on black achievements all February long, why don't we just mention them when apt all year-long?

I don't really see how people think this is honoring them instead of making a campy show of "respect".

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
The Herald of War
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

Riiight...
[Apologetic]

No! bad dog! Go learn some real history. Because it's not like China and India haven't been nations for thousands of ******** years or anything. Or you know, the Babylonians, or the Assyrians, or the Japanese, they don't exist! ******** Incas, or the Mayans, or the Aztec, what are those? Timbuktu, the Taj ma Hal, the great wall of China.

Gun powder, fireworks, the Arrow, the independent invention of sails and paper. Cuniform, pictographs and hieroglyphics, the ******** first Alphabet. The abacus, the number systems of the Incas, and the Hindu-Arabic numerals we use TODAY. The concept of Zero, maps of the heavens and the seasons, ********-

You know what? Look this s**t up! All of dat s**t? Not from white men thank you. I haven't even started on women yet, do you want me to?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff