Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
What books do you recommend?
Anything on ancient Egypt? (I am almost 100% certain they had more melanin in their skin then the people in Egypt right now.) I wonder if they have history about the aboriginals in America and their tribes before the Europeans came over. Seems all we hear is about cowboys and indians just like we only hear about Africans after slavery.
Aren't the Ancient Egyptians descendants of the Mesopotamians and not Black Africans? I don't think the ancient Egyptians looked like me at all.
Wait you're right. I had to look at the art of the time back then... I could have sworn they were darker then that... Well then hmmm... There has to be books about Ancient Africa right?
The knowledge is out there but it's difficult to find. All I know about black African history has to do with griots and migration. I really don't know squat about my history before slavery except that there were travelling story tellers and a king named Mansa.
I would love to learn that history as well. Do you know if black Africa ever had a society that wasn't based off of tribes?

Hilarious Prophet

YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
What books do you recommend?
Anything on ancient Egypt? (I am almost 100% certain they had more melanin in their skin then the people in Egypt right now.) I wonder if they have history about the aboriginals in America and their tribes before the Europeans came over. Seems all we hear is about cowboys and indians just like we only hear about Africans after slavery.
Aren't the Ancient Egyptians descendants of the Mesopotamians and not Black Africans? I don't think the ancient Egyptians looked like me at all.
Wait you're right. I had to look at the art of the time back then... I could have sworn they were darker then that... Well then hmmm... There has to be books about Ancient Africa right?
The knowledge is out there but it's difficult to find. All I know about black African history has to do with griots and migration. I really don't know squat about my history before slavery except that there were travelling story tellers and a king named Mansa.
I would love to learn that history as well. Do you know if black Africa ever had a society that wasn't based off of tribes?
There were many kingdoms that rose and fell and my favorite society is probably the Ghana Empire because they domesticated camels pretty early. Tribes were always integral in Africa but organized states were formed.
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
There were many kingdoms that rose and fell and my favorite society is probably the Ghana Empire because they domesticated camels pretty early. Tribes were always integral in Africa but organized states were formed.
Now that is some history that should be taught! Do you know any good reads on this?

Hilarious Prophet

YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
Now that is some history that should be taught! Do you know any good reads on this?
This is what my grandmother told me.
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
Dang... Write a book! I would personally love to investigate this as well. I've always had a fascination with history as well as archeology. History tends to repeat itself so it's a great thing to know history to be able to see the future.

Hilarious Prophet

YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
Dang... Write a book! I would personally love to investigate this as well. I've always had a fascination with history as well as archeology. History tends to repeat itself so it's a great thing to know history to be able to see the future.
Did Ancient Rome have a market economy, traditional economy or a command economy?
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
Did Ancient Rome have a market economy, traditional economy or a command economy?
By all means please enlighten me on this.

Hilarious Prophet

YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
I'm asking you!
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
YahuShalum
Jacque De Molay
I'm asking you!
I'm going to say all three. And with that I bid you farewell. It's really time for me to sleep... Pleasure talking to you and if you wish to school me by all means do! I love learning!

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
All hisotry should be taught at all times; we should not divide on racial lines.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

It's ******** condescending.
As though the entirety of "black history" (and btw isn't "black" not the PC term any more? It's like the United Negro College Fund, where I get labelled a bigot for saying "Negro". I'm like, it's what I'm giving you money for, a*****e! And suddenly I'm the p***k?!) could possibly be summed up in 28 days. Minus weekends of course, so actually 20. Except some schools give you Valentines' off so more like 18.
Yes, 18 days, six hours a day of actual schooling at best so 208 hours, can explain the entire history of a race.
Of course, at the end of each day you have to go sit in the back of the bus, soooo...

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
bluebloodblueblood
Queen Shining Heaven
All hisotry should be taught at all times; we should not divide on racial lines.

Hope I will not regret this.
If you understand how gays are discriminated against, how it works,
why can't you understand about Blacks?

I am Black; that is why I'm making this statement. I believe that all history should be one, rather than us segregating our history into one month. I know that it was made to highlight Black history at a time when Blacks were denied their place in history, but now, in modern rimes, should we not combine all histories into one

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff