Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Banning guns?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 8, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5

You know, I completly forgot about this and I like mentioning it during gun control debates.

Prohibition. Look it up in US history and see what happened.
ok people. What the ******** is the matter with you who think that outlawing guns is a good thinkg? this is my belief.

"if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them"

So ya, dumbasses.
It is not the gun that is dangerous, it is the person behind the gun. There should be no ban on guns, maybe guns should be sold in special stores state run stores only, where it would be easier to do background checks. Maybe they could also make it so that you have to have a license as well. Knives are just as lethal as guns, why aren't they banned as well?
Lastly a ban on guns only increases the want to have a gun. Besides, "where there is a will there is a way," meaning that if someone wants a gun bad enough they will find a way to get one, no matter how strict gun laws are. Gangs will still have guns, so gang related shootings won't dwindle much, accidental shootings will dwindle greatly, but gang shootings won't.
chaoticpuppet
It is not the gun that is dangerous, it is the person behind the gun. There should be no ban on guns, maybe guns should be sold in special stores state run stores only, where it would be easier to do background checks. Maybe they could also make it so that you have to have a license as well. Knives are just as lethal as guns, why aren't they banned as well?
Lastly a ban on guns only increases the want to have a gun. Besides, "where there is a will there is a way," meaning that if someone wants a gun bad enough they will find a way to get one, no matter how strict gun laws are. Gangs will still have guns, so gang related shootings won't dwindle much, accidental shootings will dwindle greatly, but gang shootings won't.

finally someone with some sense
LtEarthworm
You know, I completly forgot about this and I like mentioning it during gun control debates.

Prohibition. Look it up in US history and see what happened.
heart heart
Banning guns in one city will not work. First off... When the people are supposed to give their guns back, are all of them going to do it? I think not. Gang members and other criminals are going to keep them so they can continue on with their "jobs." Secondly.... Say they do take every gun from everyone in the city. A gang member gets on from a town nearby and barges into your home... what defense do you have? A gun... no, thats been taken away. A crime lord is going to find a way to smuggle a gun into the city... trust me... but a normal, innocent person? They gave their best means of defense away. How will this help the city?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff