Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Fatcat

bobloon
Okay, whatever, guys. All I know is that I'm the only one out of any of my girlfriends that is a college junior... The rest work and take care of their kids. And on their time off, they just wanna drink with me. If you have children, a job, and make time for other time consuming/fulfilling/whatever things, that's something to be proud of because it's pretty difficult. My friend, Tammy, was going to beauty school, though, but had to drop out when she lost her house. Argue with me if you must, but people that can afford to do more than work and take care of their children are either really lucky or work their asses off. Is it not possible to be sexually active and not get pregnant without hormonal/physical/genetic problems? Like, am I stupid or something?

I understand the beauty school thing, Im in Cosmo too and especially as vp I have to set an example, be there on time, everyday, plus extra. The few times I missed was because my daughter was sick. Also beauty school doesn't work like regular college, every hour counts and any you miss they will rape you for your money and time. 1800 hours here in this state, any hour you miss adds to your time in school. Federal Law is STRICT on any beauty degree. I'm sorry she had to drop, is there no way they can work with her to take an absence of leave? Usually we get the option to take an absence and come back. I have to work ******** hard to keep up everyday as well as all the girls I attend with, I'm really sorry she's going through that just because not only am I doing it but several of my friends are also. One of which recently took her leave, and she was red robing. An honor in our school, a red robe is a huge deal. Looks amazing on a resume. I lost mine when my daughter was sick and it truly sucks majority of schools wont work with parents or non parents on when we do miss it depends on the situation and their mood. Sometimes life throws you curves and you have to take a day, you should see if she can talk to her financial manager and get back in later down the road. No I don't think your stupid hahaha I think on the internet no one can obviously hear your tone of voice and everyone misunderstands one another. I know I do all the time and people do me.
bobloon
Okay, whatever, guys. All I know is that I'm the only one out of any of my girlfriends that is a college junior... The rest work and take care of their kids. And on their time off, they just wanna drink with me. If you have children, a job, and make time for other time consuming/fulfilling/whatever things, that's something to be proud of because it's pretty difficult. My friend, Tammy, was going to beauty school, though, but had to drop out when she lost her house. Argue with me if you must, but people that can afford to do more than work and take care of their children are either really lucky or work their asses off. Is it not possible to be sexually active and not get pregnant without hormonal/physical/genetic problems? Like, am I stupid or something?

Have you even BOTHERED to ask them if they're happy with their lives or are you assuming they aren't? So because they want to have a drink with a friend, to keep that bond of friendship, they're bad people? Seriously? With a friend like you who needs enemies.
Alumnii
]

Oh, god, thank you. I've learned my lesson after this thread. Ha. Um, I am pretty sure shemll be able to go back, but she just has to get back on her feet. Her boyfriend isn't very supportive of her, but he is of the children. None of her family can help her with money, so she's stuck at her sister's with her two sons and boyfriend right now. I'm trying to help my other firend get her GED, but she has no money coming from her daughter's father, her job isn't very flexible and barely pays, and her parents have no money either. So, it's probably going to take a really long time. She's privilaged to have at least one friend that can and is willing to help her and support her because everyone else around her can't or won't. Babies are awesome, but I'm glad that I don't have to deal with that. Oh, ha, my sister-in-law is almost thirty and still hans't gotten her GED; good thing I can help my nieces with their homework.
Ah bl
Mika Talanis
bobloon

Have you even BOTHERED to ask them if they're happy with their lives or are you assuming they aren't? So because they want to have a drink with a friend, to keep that bond of friendship, they're bad people? Seriously? With a friend like you who needs enemies.

Blah blah blah

Dapper Gawker

Move to lil' ol' Massachusetts.
bobloon
Ah bl
Mika Talanis
bobloon

Blah blah blah

I'll take that as a no, you haven't bothered to ask them if they're happy with their lives. You're coming across as someone who thinks everyone should think exactly like you do but that's not how the real world works. Do you think someone who is in their teens or twenties shouldn't date either? Since dating means you aren't experiencing everything that a single person experiences.

Aged Fatcat

bobloon
Alumnii
]

Oh, god, thank you. I've learned my lesson after this thread. Ha. Um, I am pretty sure shemll be able to go back, but she just has to get back on her feet. Her boyfriend isn't very supportive of her, but he is of the children. None of her family can help her with money, so she's stuck at her sister's with her two sons and boyfriend right now. I'm trying to help my other firend get her GED, but she has no money coming from her daughter's father, her job isn't very flexible and barely pays, and her parents have no money either. So, it's probably going to take a really long time. She's privilaged to have at least one friend that can and is willing to help her and support her because everyone else around her can't or won't. Babies are awesome, but I'm glad that I don't have to deal with that. Oh, ha, my sister-in-law is almost thirty and still hans't gotten her GED; good thing I can help my nieces with their homework.

What state do you live in? Maybe I can help in some way. I'm pretty good with legal stuff. I was in her situation for a while. You can message me, I'm sure there are ways. Have her apply for scholarships, that will help. There is a federal site I need to look up my financial aid gave me, I got three. Had five grand taken off my 20k student loan. If she can apply they will put her right back in school and pay the waivers. She more than qualifies for some of the ones I got based on what you told me.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
bobloon
Ah bl
Mika Talanis
bobloon

Blah blah blah

Immature response, maybe?

Alright, I have a week old little one at 23, and YES it can be a little frustrating but not everyone has your mindset and NO I do not regret having my child so young and NO I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Not everyone has the same opinion on what an adventurous life is. What if mine happens to be the roller coaster of having a family?
Phallic Wonderland
Alright, I have a week old little one at 23, and YES it can be a little frustrating but not everyone has your mindset and NO I do not regret having my child so young and NO I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Not everyone has the same opinion on what an adventurous life is. What if mine happens to be the roller coaster of having a family?
Awww, this is news to me. Congrats, PW!

Is it a girl? If so, you can very likely plan on a roller coaster ride, haha. Teenage daughters are... something else. (My son hasn't hit his teenage years, so I don't know about boys yet, but soon...)

Ruthless Gekko

bobloon

I am a single mother. I am 22. My child is 10 months old. I am a computer science major. I am currently in my second year of college. I have enough money to raise my child. I can work on my homework when he is playing on the floor with his toys. I take breaks and give him loads of attention. Sure, it is hard work, but life is about hard work. I still manage to have time for hobbies and other people.

Distinct Conversationalist

To some women, a baby is the adventure they want. There's no stagnant doomsday following motherhood. Let's not act like having a child is a stifle on intelligence and profoundness.

Fanatical Zealot

Phallic Wonderland
bobloon
Ah bl
Mika Talanis
bobloon

Blah blah blah

Immature response, maybe?

biggrin

Fanatical Zealot

Oh babies, I just love babies!

They're like my favorite thing evah!

A little stringy though. : P

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
lumnata
Phallic Wonderland

Is it a girl? If so, you can very likely plan on a roller coaster ride, haha. Teenage daughters are... something else. (My son hasn't hit his teenage years, so I don't know about boys yet, but soon...)

Heh, thanks! I know you haven't been around in a while. It's a boy, he's adorable and I'm sure he is going to be as much of a handful as any teenager can be. biggrin
Phallic Wonderland
lumnata
Phallic Wonderland

Heh, thanks! I know you haven't been around in a while. It's a boy, he's adorable and I'm sure he is going to be as much of a handful as any teenager can be. biggrin
Awww, cool! Boys are fun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces