Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Conversationalist

anonymous attributes
Erholung
anonymous attributes
Erholung

I don’t study religion. I don’t have a religion. I’ll ask questions and I will point of problems I have with things that don’t make sense to me, but I don’t make it a habit to try to disprove a religion or convert anyone into anything.

But generally, if something can be tested time and time again for evidence of proof (or at least suffice knowledge for the time being) then I see that as being something more substantial than the Bible or invisible spirits.

Also, about the whole “it is illogical to absolutely deny God or for you to tell any Christian what scripture means, especially if you aren't a Christian at all” thing is pretty ridiculous. My fiancé studied the religion, scriptures, read the Bible and a bunch other stuff for eight years or more while being a Christian and leaving Christianity. There are people who like to study these things without being the religion or faith, atheist or otherwise.

I think you missed my point, but that is okay with me because I have answered this so many other times with the others in my threads.

I probably did. Pretty much anything that comes from a religious debate goes over my head, but I've been trying to understand from whichever standpoint. I grew up without a religion and have never claimed to be atheist, but other people like to say that's what I am and then lump me in some "ignorant" category.

It's like . . . what?

May I ask what your point is? I really am interested to know. Maybe I can learn some things.

Because you aren't confrontational, I will then tell you..

I am not arguing for religion, not for Christianity, not for Buddhism, not for Islams, or Wicca, or faith. I am arguing for logic.

I am not trying to tell people here that there is a god.

Oooh. I don't see the harm in that. Why would people argue against logic?

Erholung
anonymous attributes
Erholung
anonymous attributes
Erholung

I don’t study religion. I don’t have a religion. I’ll ask questions and I will point of problems I have with things that don’t make sense to me, but I don’t make it a habit to try to disprove a religion or convert anyone into anything.

But generally, if something can be tested time and time again for evidence of proof (or at least suffice knowledge for the time being) then I see that as being something more substantial than the Bible or invisible spirits.

Also, about the whole “it is illogical to absolutely deny God or for you to tell any Christian what scripture means, especially if you aren't a Christian at all” thing is pretty ridiculous. My fiancé studied the religion, scriptures, read the Bible and a bunch other stuff for eight years or more while being a Christian and leaving Christianity. There are people who like to study these things without being the religion or faith, atheist or otherwise.

I think you missed my point, but that is okay with me because I have answered this so many other times with the others in my threads.

I probably did. Pretty much anything that comes from a religious debate goes over my head, but I've been trying to understand from whichever standpoint. I grew up without a religion and have never claimed to be atheist, but other people like to say that's what I am and then lump me in some "ignorant" category.

It's like . . . what?

May I ask what your point is? I really am interested to know. Maybe I can learn some things.

I am not arguing for religion, not for Christianity, not for Buddhism, not for Islams, or Wicca, or faith. I am arguing for logic.

Its not that they necessarily do, that wouldn't be my point that they argue against it, but more so to those who don't use it.

Because people love to make certain absolute, and logically speaking, no one can just say, GOD EXISTS, or GOD IS NOT REAL. Those are illogical statements if one claims not to have faith. It takes a certain faith to make either claim, and when those people claim not to have any faith in their absolute claim, they are not being logical. And that is all I was initially trying to point out.

However, people like to change the subject to religion, and whos god is better then someone else, or who's morals are better, and blah blah blah.. lol...

Witty Conversationalist

anonymous attributes
Erholung
anonymous attributes
Erholung
anonymous attributes
Erholung

It's like . . . what?

Its not that they necessarily do, that wouldn't be my point that they argue against it, but more so to those who don't use it.

Because people love to make certain absolute, and logically speaking, no one can just say, GOD EXISTS, or GOD IS NOT REAL. Those are illogical statements if one claims not to have faith. It takes a certain faith to make either claim, and when those people claim not to have any faith in their absolute claim, they are not being illogical. And that is all I was initially trying to point out.

However, people like to change the subject to religion, and whos god is better then someone else, or who's morals are better, and blah blah blah.. lol...

Aah, I see. That makes sense. My fiancé, despite leaving his faith, still reads up on it and enjoys having conversations with the missionaries that come to the house every week. He feels the same way you do, I believe, which is pretty cool.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. My son wanted me to color with him, haha.

6,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
anonymous attributes
I have a challenge to all of gaia which is right here

Quote:
The atheists voice answer well as far as what is "truth" and that in their atheistic world, they don't really have or know it ultimately and that it is subjective. If they do say there is absolutes and we can know truth ultimately, that is a subjective viewpoint.

This is a generalization, not many atheists really believe to have objective knowledge of anything, let alone the existence of god(s). Those who do are considered explicit atheists, and I do not agree with them ideologically. I am an agnostic atheist, I never view the world in absolutes unless it is a theory that is supported by data that we can reasonably believe to be true, whether our basis for those "truths" are rational, or based on logic alone, but the gnostic view of God, one that is fully conscious, aware, has a set of characteristics, can be understood in a sense but is still a mystery, and there are no real observed effects on it (the Judeo-Christian God specifically) having an influence on reality. Believing in God may change your behavior and could possibly improve your life overall, but it's not something I'm capable of doing. I wish I could hop on that train.

Quote:
Why then are all the hypocrites bashing or trying to deny God or trying to debase or interpret Christian scriptures while they themselves believe in subjective truth if they were logically speaking? If you believe in subjective truth, it is illogical to absolutely deny God or for you to tell any Christian what scripture means, especially if you aren't a Christian at all. You Atheists have illogical arguments.

Again, the vast majority of atheists are self-aware of the fact that we have subjective viewpoints. It's why they chose to reject systematic religions in the first place, they were aware of patterns of ideas that disagreed with the rational part of them that required empirical evidence for the existence of god(s). Scripture can be analyzed in the same way your ninth grade English teacher picked apart Charles Dickens. It was, like A Tale of Two Cities, a work of fiction written by a human, or actually, a number of different humans, compiled by other humans, edited by even more humans, and translated into "the Living Word" by... you guessed it, humans. Nowhere in the inception of the Bible or the Judeo-Christian faiths is a true gesture of God prevalent (that can't be described by psychology as a natural phenomenon), and it is absolutely reasonable to disagree with it. If God exists, I have a number of theories that I think are far more likely than if you were to take every verse in the Bible as literal truth.

From God's Perspective, by Bo Burnham:
The books you think I wrote are way too thick.
Who needs a thousand metaphors to figure out you shouldn't be a d**k?
And I don't watch you when you sleep.
Surprisingly I don't use my omnipotence to be a ******** creep.

You're not going to heaven...
Why the ******** would you think I'd ever kick it with you?
None of you are going to heaven...
There's a trillion aliens cooler than you.

You shouldn't abstain from rape just 'cause you think that I want you to.
You shouldn't rape 'cause rape is a ******** up thing to do.

I don't think masturbation is obscene,
It's absolutely natural and the weirdest ******** thing I've ever seen.
You make my job a living hell.
I sent gays to fix overpopulation and boy did that go well.

You're not going to heaven.
Eat a thousand crackers, sing a million hymns.
None of you are going to heaven.
You're not my children, you're a bad game of Sims.

You shouldn't abstain from pork just 'cause you think that I want you to.
You can eat pork 'cause why the ******** would I give a s**t?
I created the universe, think I'd draw the line at the ******** deli aisle?

You argue and you bicker and you fight,
Atheists and Catholics, Jews and Hindus argue day and night,
Over what they think is true.
But no one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you.

You pray so badly for heaven,
Knowing any day might be the day that you die.
But maybe life on earth could be heaven,
Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth a try?

My love's the type of thing that you have to earn,
And when you earn it, you won't need it. (x2)

I'm not gonna give you love just 'cause I know that you want me to.
If you want love then the love's gotta come from you.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
No; Atheism doesn't believe that. Many people who are atheists also happen to accept the scientific fact of evolution; but the two aren't related.
You don't understand what atheism is.
It's no more a religion than theism is.

I have changed my wording to "atheists" in my point because I believe "atheism" is a cause for confusion, i'll take the hit for that one.. But you still are using the word "atheism" when I changed my argument to the individuals, the "atheists"

Why you keep saying I do not know what I am talking about while coming back with a reprisal with "Evolution is a fact" is either ignorant of you, or dishonest, pick one. Its called "The theory of evolution." and "The big bang theory." There is nothing certain about it.

The big bang theory is a magical idea, promoting fantasy until proven otherwise. It is impossible for something to come from nothing, it is scientifically impossible and illogical, and until PROVEN OTHERWISE, he who believes in it, believes in what is loosely referred to as magic. It is certainly a fairy tale for now, and is certainly religious to believe in it, which also requires faith.

And do not say to me "its called a theory, we don't really BELIEVE it because new theories or evidence could change in time" that would prove your dishonesty as stated before when you said it was simply just a fact. Also it would be dishonest to be speaking as a whole, knowing first that many people believes very well that it is a fact, when it is just a theory. Kinda like you, when you said it was a fact. What a shame I must debate with dishonest people.
Atheism to atheists is just a superficial change. An atheist is just someone who follows atheism; it doesn't change the fact that you still don't know what an atheist is.

Evolution is a fact.
http://www.nas.edu/evolution/TheoryOrFact.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html
http://bioinfo.med.utoronto.ca/Evolution_by_Accident/Evolution_Fact_and_Theory.html
http://atheism.about.com/od/evolutionexplained/a/fact_theory.htm
I actually know a few things about science, like how gravity and evolution are both facts as well as having theories about them.

No it's not; the Big Bang Theory says nothing about something coming from nothing. The Big Bang theory is about all matter/energy in the universe being essentially compacted and superheated and then rapidly expanding. It does not comment on where that matter/energy came from, simply the mechanism by which the universe came about. You're making a wild assumption that something came from nothing (one idea behind the multiverse is actually that the universe was the result of a collision of universes; in simple terms, it's more complicated obviously).
You're also trying to impose the restrictions of the universe on forces outside the universe; it doesn't work like that.
And it's certainly not magic.

I didn't say scientists don't believe it; you just don't understand anything about the scientific topics you're trying to bring up. We consider the Big Bang to be the leading cosmological model for the early development of the universe. We don't consider it fact (Nor did I say we consider the Big Bang as fact, I spoke of the fact of evolution); but it is the best scientific theory we have at the moment and so we believe in it in a sense, but we believe in it like we believe a building isn't going to fall on our heads. The science we have available agrees with that point of view; but we're open to further information and searching for it.
That said; that's science, that's not atheism. The Big Bang model was originally proposed by a catholic priest; Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître. Not all atheists believe in it, and many theists do.

Atheism is quite simply; it's the other end of theism.
Theism: Belief in a God or gods.
Atheism: Lack of belief in a God or gods.

The fact that you don't understand science, religion, or atheism doesn't make other people dishonest. You're trying to conflate Cosmology (Big Bang) with Cosmogony (The beginning of existence) because you don't understand the difference; and you don't even realize that neither have anything to do with atheism. That's your failing, not the failing of anyone else.

You are misunderstanding what I mean when I switched from atheism to atheist. Atheism is the theology, "atheist" is the person. I am accusing the atheist, not the theology of atheism.

Posting links is not an argument or debate.

There are so many different things the scientific community say about the big bang, I therefore will accept the other theory for sake of argument that they "now say?" all matter and energy in the universe was compacted into a dot no larger then the period at the end of this sentence. That's one crowded dot. heavy dot too. It is impossible to understand how big the universe is, yet this is a fact for the so called "scientific community" that's a joke. Its not science, its science fiction, and the mind and imagination of man, nothing more.

It's a fairy tail, and until you can prove that its not religious or bound by faith to believe it.

You said "We" don't consider the big bang theory a fact. Well I don't know what you mean when you say "We" But there are too many people to count who do believe in it, from all walks of life, and it is they of whom I speak.

The big bang theory was proposed by a catholic doesn't mean anything..

multiverse idea? again its a notion!

Heres my challenge to you, if evolution is a fact, prove to me that consciousness can come from none consciousness, and life from non life.

You can't....its a fairy tail..and that is precisely why I don't understand what your wise men call "science" its a joke.
You're accusing a person based on their belief; thus it's a superficial difference.

It's called a citation. I posted a claim (I.E. The Fact of evolution) and then source that claim as proof. That's precisely how you debate.

No, the Big Bang is not a fact. It's a scientific theory.
You don't understand what science is; and that's your problem. And it still has absolutely nothing to do with Atheism or atheists.

Believing in a scientific theory is not accepting it as fact. You need to take some science courses.

The fact that the idea was proposed by a catholic priest is exactly as relevant as the fact that some people who happen to be atheists believe in what that catholic priest proposed.

Again; you don't understand science. You're trying to conflate evolution with abiogenesis. Evolution doesn't say life can come from non-life, that's abiogenesis.

No, the reason you don't understand is because you don't understand basic principles of science. You've got the mentality of someone who's scientific exposure is limited to watching a few anti-science videos on youtube by other random people who don't understand science either.
And the best part about it is that all of that has absolutely nothing to do with atheism or atheists.

You are completely misunderstanding what I am saying about atheists, and it feels almost intentional.

You said: "No, the Big Bang is not a fact. It's a scientific theory.
You don't understand what science is; and that's your problem. And it still has absolutely nothing to do with Atheism or atheists."

I agree, its a theory, and I didn't say that it necessarily did have anything to do with atheists. I am not making a connection with atheists to evolution theory or the big bang theory as though they are one and the same. That is a straw man argument because that is NOT what I am saying.

What I AM saying is both the theory of evolution and the big bang are religious, and my argument is for those atheists who claim to not be religious or hold faith. Did you even click the link in the OP?

Your "citation" doesn't do a lot for your argument, since is all you really did was make a simple claim "Evolution is a fact" (Which it is not) and post a links. I can do the same thing with what ever I believe in and post links as well, refuting the info in your links. What then? shall we have a link war? It was a good answer if you were talking to someone who may have no experience, but this kind of thing gets no where and it certainly doesn't fly with me, because it would be equally valid for me to post as many links as I desire to my claims as well. Now "we" are not arguing or debating, we are bringing our gods and wise men into the picture and letting THEM argue and debate and account of who can post the best link and best arguer for our side. Is that where you want to go with this? if so, good LUCK, I wont be participating in your delusion of an argument and debate.

I knew you were going to say "Evolution doesn't deal with life coming from non life, that's something else." That is dishonest of of the scientific community to cut the pie into so many slices and only bring out certain slices so they can get away with saying "Well we know THIS part is true." while not admitting that the slice you are bring forth must be able to fit in the pie.

For example.

"The big bang is a theory and unproven"----(skip in time)---- "Evolution is a fact" How do you prove that evolution is a fact when everything that comes into being must have a cause? You say, "Evolution only deals with what is already here, it does not account for any origin of time, space and matter." But that is being illogical and is only cutting up your argument into thin slices and giving me the slice that you can supposedly prove, but in the meantime, cannot be proven if those slices are put back into the pie.

Here is another example. If evolution only deals with what is already here, and does not account for the origin of time space and matter, at what point in the past does the subject of evolution start with? Something that already has consciousness? where did that come from before it had consciousness? or lets just say "Life" or even just "Energy" you mean, evolution is a fact only as long as you start with the already necessary components? The fact that evolution says that something gets better and better over time proves the point that is had to start somewhere, but where did that somewhere come from? logically speaking you have to ask that question. And that makes your argument illogical, because your scientific wise men are dishonest in that respect.

So I ask you again. If evolution is true, where did energy come from, where did life and consciousnesses come from? Take me back in time, even if you think it is not the subject of what your scientific wise men say "is not evolution." The fact remains, you still have to take me back in time.
No, I understand what you're saying; the problem is you don't understand what atheism is.

False; you said: "If you say atheists don't believe in evolution and the big bang you would be intellectually dishonest. Atheists do believe in these things and they are very religious and believe in magic for it."
As I've demonstrated; you're wrong. They're very different things and atheists have a wide variety of views on them based on a variety of factors that have nothing to do with them being atheists.

They're not religious; you clearly don't know what religion is, but evolution is not a religion. Nor is atheism.

The citations backup what I said; that evolution is a fact. That's what citations do.
Then do it; post scientific links supporting your view that evolution is not a fact at all.
That's not letting links argue for us; that's using proof. I've proven that evolution is in fact a fact.

No, dishonest is you pretending like evolution can't be a fact simply because it doesn't deal with abiogenesis.
No. Your example is a load; you do not have to proven everything preceding an event to prove the event. For instance; I don't expect you to prove how abiogenesis occurred in order to prove to me you were born.

Evolution starts with the first single-celled organism becoming something new. It doesn't deal with the creation of the first single-celled organism.
No, evolution is a fact in that it's a fact. We have proven that life evolves. We don't need to know how abiogenesis works in order to prove it. Pretending otherwise is intellectual dishonesty and you know it.
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
Atheism to atheists is just a superficial change. An atheist is just someone who follows atheism; it doesn't change the fact that you still don't know what an atheist is.

Evolution is a fact.
http://bioinfo.med.utoronto.ca/Evolution_by_Accident/Evolution_Fact_and_Theory.html
I actually know a few things about science, like how gravity and evolution are both facts as well as having theories about them.

No it's not; the Big Bang Theory says nothing about something coming from nothing. The Big Bang theory is about all matter/energy in the universe being essentially compacted and superheated and then rapidly expanding. It does not comment on where that matter/energy came from, simply the mechanism by which the universe came about. You're making a wild assumption that something came from nothing (one idea behind the multiverse is actually that the universe was the result of a collision of universes; in simple terms, it's more complicated obviously).
You're also trying to impose the restrictions of the universe on forces outside the universe; it doesn't work like that.

I didn't say scientists don't believe it; you just don't understand anything about the scientific topics you're trying to bring up. We consider the Big Bang to be the leading cosmological model for the early development of the universe. We don't consider it fact (Nor did I say we consider the Big Bang as fact, I spoke of the fact of evolution); but it is the best scientific theory we have at the moment and so we believe in it in a sense, but we believe in it like we believe a building isn't going to fall on our heads. The science we have available agrees with that point of view; but we're open to further information and searching for it.
That said; that's science, that's not atheism. The Big Bang model was originally proposed by a catholic priest; Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître. Not all atheists believe in it, and many theists do.

The fact that you don't understand science, religion, or atheism doesn't make other people dishonest. You're trying to conflate Cosmology (Big Bang) with Cosmogony (The beginning of existence) because you don't understand the difference; and you don't even realize that neither have anything to do with atheism. That's your failing, not the failing of anyone else.

You are misunderstanding what I mean when I switched from atheism to atheist. Atheism is the theology, "atheist" is the person. I am accusing the atheist, not the theology of atheism.

There are so many different things the scientific community say about the big bang, I therefore will accept the other theory for sake of argument that they "now say?" all matter and energy in the universe was compacted into a dot no larger then the period at the end of this sentence. That's one crowded dot. heavy dot too. It is impossible to understand how big the universe is, yet this is a fact for the so called "scientific community" that's a joke. Its not science, its science fiction, and the mind and imagination of man, nothing more.

It's a fairy tail, and until you can prove that its not religious or bound by faith to believe it.

You said "We" don't consider the big bang theory a fact. Well I don't know what you mean when you say "We" But there are too many people to count who do believe in it, from all walks of life, and it is they of whom I speak.

Heres my challenge to you, if evolution is a fact, prove to me that consciousness can come from none consciousness, and life from non life.

You can't....its a fairy tail..and that is precisely why I don't understand what your wise men call "science" its a joke.
You're accusing a person based on their belief; thus it's a superficial difference.

It's called a citation. I posted a claim (I.E. The Fact of evolution) and then source that claim as proof. That's precisely how you debate.

You don't understand what science is; and that's your problem. And it still has absolutely nothing to do with Atheism or atheists.

Believing in a scientific theory is not accepting it as fact. You need to take some science courses.

The fact that the idea was proposed by a catholic priest is exactly as relevant as the fact that some people who happen to be atheists believe in what that catholic priest proposed.

Again; you don't understand science. You're trying to conflate evolution with abiogenesis. Evolution doesn't say life can come from non-life, that's abiogenesis.

No, the reason you don't understand is because you don't understand basic principles of science. You've got the mentality of someone who's scientific exposure is limited to watching a few anti-science videos on youtube by other random people who don't understand science either.
And the best part about it is that all of that has absolutely nothing to do with atheism or atheists.

You are completely misunderstanding what I am saying about atheists, and it feels almost intentional.

You don't understand what science is; and that's your problem. And it still has absolutely nothing to do with Atheism or atheists."

I agree, its a theory, and I didn't say that it necessarily did have anything to do with atheists. I am not making a connection with atheists to evolution theory or the big bang theory as though they are one and the same. That is a straw man argument because that is NOT what I am saying.

What I AM saying is both the theory of evolution and the big bang are religious, and my argument is for those atheists who claim to not be religious or hold faith. Did you even click the link in the OP?

Your "citation" doesn't do a lot for your argument, since is all you really did was make a simple claim "Evolution is a fact" (Which it is not) and post a links. I can do the same thing with what ever I believe in and post links as well, refuting the info in your links. What then? shall we have a link war? It was a good answer if you were talking to someone who may have no experience, but this kind of thing gets no where and it certainly doesn't fly with me, because it would be equally valid for me to post as many links as I desire to my claims as well. Now "we" are not arguing or debating, we are bringing our gods and wise men into the picture and letting THEM argue and debate and account of who can post the best link and best arguer for our side. Is that where you want to go with this? if so, good LUCK, I wont be participating in your delusion of an argument and debate.

I knew you were going to say "Evolution doesn't deal with life coming from non life, that's something else." That is dishonest of of the scientific community to cut the pie into so many slices and only bring out certain slices so they can get away with saying "Well we know THIS part is true." while not admitting that the slice you are bring forth must be able to fit in the pie.

For example.

"The big bang is a theory and unproven"----(skip in time)---- "Evolution is a fact" How do you prove that evolution is a fact when everything that comes into being must have a cause? You say, "Evolution only deals with what is already here, it does not account for any origin of time, space and matter." But that is being illogical and is only cutting up your argument into thin slices and giving me the slice that you can supposedly prove, but in the meantime, cannot be proven if those slices are put back into the pie.

Here is another example. If evolution only deals with what is already here, and does not account for the origin of time space and matter, at what point in the past does the subject of evolution start with? Something that already has consciousness? where did that come from before it had consciousness? or lets just say "Life" or even just "Energy" you mean, evolution is a fact only as long as you start with the already necessary components? The fact that evolution says that something gets better and better over time proves the point that is had to start somewhere, but where did that somewhere come from? logically speaking you have to ask that question. And that makes your argument illogical, because your scientific wise men are dishonest in that respect.

So I ask you again. If evolution is true, where did energy come from, where did life and consciousnesses come from? Take me back in time, even if you think it is not the subject of what your scientific wise men say "is not evolution." The fact remains, you still have to take me back in time.
No, I understand what you're saying; the problem is you don't understand what atheism is.

False; you said: "If you say atheists don't believe in evolution and the big bang you would be intellectually dishonest. Atheists do believe in these things and they are very religious and believe in magic for it."
As I've demonstrated; you're wrong. They're very different things and atheists have a wide variety of views on them based on a variety of factors that have nothing to do with them being atheists.

They're not religious; you clearly don't know what religion is, but evolution is not a religion. Nor is atheism.

The citations backup what I said; that evolution is a fact. That's what citations do.
Then do it; post scientific links supporting your view that evolution is not a fact at all.
That's not letting links argue for us; that's using proof. I've proven that evolution is in fact a fact.

No, dishonest is you pretending like evolution can't be a fact simply because it doesn't deal with abiogenesis.
No. Your example is a load; you do not have to proven everything preceding an event to prove the event. For instance; I don't expect you to prove how abiogenesis occurred in order to prove to me you were born.

Evolution starts with the first single-celled organism becoming something new. It doesn't deal with the creation of the first single-celled organism.
No, evolution is a fact in that it's a fact. We have proven that life evolves. We don't need to know how abiogenesis works in order to prove it. Pretending otherwise is intellectual dishonesty and you know it.

The fact that I have explained more than once that I am referring to certain atheists and you come back with a straw man argument is self explanatory. Either that or your reading skills need to improve, seeing my OP is talking about atheists who make faith claims. Straw man arguments don't even put us on different pages, they put you in a different library altogether, let alone the same book, or page.

There arent religious atheist?? what IS religion? merriam webster dictionary has a lot to say on what religion is, which mostly include belief in a god of some sort, but one of the definitions given is this: ": a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith " Then the dictionary gives examples if its just too complex for you.

Examples of RELIGION

Many people turn to religion for comfort in a time of crisis.
There are many religions, such as Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism.
Shinto is a religion that is unique to Japan.
Hockey is a religion in Canada.
Politics are a religion to him.
Where I live, high school football is religion.
Food is religion in this house
It is impossible that there are atheists that have faith in something? that is what I mean by you being intellectually dishonest, because it would be wrong to say that there is no such thing as that. You are terrible at argument and debating when you deny these things, especially when you make straw man arguments. Do you know what a straw man argument IS?

You have proven that in fact evolution is in fact a fact? Oh dear.

You challenge me to link you so you can come back and link me so I come back and link you, and have a never ending story. In which case I already said I would not do.

I don't pretend anything here. If you can't prove that what ever has a beginning has a cause, you've lost the argument already. Does your single celled organism have a beginning? if so, where? if not, how is that possible? again, if it does not have a beginning then you have lost the argument AGAIN. If it has a beginning, where did it come from, hm? Answer the question and stop avoiding the answer with mumbo jumbo such as "You just don't understand religion, atheists, atheism, evolution, the big bang, science." or basically anything I talk about.

I did not actually say that you have to prove everything preceding an event to prove the event, what if your event is an interpretation? just like I said it was a theory! I would have to acknowledge evolution in some way in order to make that argument fallacy which you claim I made. That is another straw man argument on your part. You don't do this much do you?

I am basically saying evolution, logically speaking, says this: That since evolution claims that it is the process of change and basically "improvement" involving into something "better." Now if something is evolving and getting better, then at one point it was lesser, was it not? Lesser as in less evolved. Yeah? If the theory of evolution is true, as you say, then logically speaking, you MUST account for a total beginning. Seeing that evolution claims to be a "growing process." Pay attention to the words I am using. Remember, if it is a growing process, then at one point that thing or object was at a lesser state. You cannot say that suddenly it stops at your little cell. Here's my question which you are and have been avoiding. If the single celled organism had a process of evolving, betterment, what ever word you want to use, then what was the cell before it was the cell?

If life evolved from a single celled organism, then you believe that consciousness came from non consciousness, and intelligence from non intelligence. That is a faith claim and its religious in the eyes of some, otherwise engage with me, that that is not true.

And how do you know it came from a "SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM" How do you know it didn't come from more? or how do you know we didn't come from something at a more mature state already? the fact that you think you can answer that as a fact, is a faith claim. And that is where your religion comes from buddy, you believe your faith accounts for reality and truth.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn

Evolution is a fact.

For example.

The fact that I have explained more than once that I am referring to certain atheists and you come back with a straw man argument is self explanatory. Either that or your reading skills need to improve, seeing my OP is talking about atheists who make faith claims. Straw man arguments don't even put us on different pages, they put you in a different library altogether, let alone the same book, or page.

There arent religious atheist?? what IS religion? merriam webster dictionary has a lot to say on what religion is, which mostly include belief in a god of some sort, but one of the definitions given is this: ": a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith " Then the dictionary gives examples if its just too complex for you.

Examples of RELIGION

There are many religions, such as Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism.
It is impossible that there are atheists that have faith in something? that is what I mean by you being intellectually dishonest, because it would be wrong to say that there is no such thing as that. You are terrible at argument and debating when you deny these things, especially when you make straw man arguments. Do you know what a straw man argument IS?

You challenge me to link you so you can come back and link me so I come back and link you, and have a never ending story. In which case I already said I would not do.

I don't pretend anything here. If you can't prove that what ever has a beginning has a cause, you've lost the argument already. Does your single celled organism have a beginning? if so, where? if not, how is that possible? again, if it does not have a beginning then you have lost the argument AGAIN. If it has a beginning, where did it come from, hm? Answer the question and stop avoiding the answer with mumbo jumbo such as "You just don't understand religion, atheists, atheism, evolution, the big bang, science." or basically anything I talk about.

I did not actually say that you have to prove everything preceding an event to prove the event, what if your event is an interpretation? just like I said it was a theory! I would have to acknowledge evolution in some way in order to make that argument fallacy which you claim I made. That is another straw man argument on your part. You don't do this much do you?

I am basically saying evolution, logically speaking, says this: That since evolution claims that it is the process of change and basically "improvement" involving into something "better." Now if something is evolving and getting better, then at one point it was lesser, was it not? Lesser as in less evolved. Yeah? If the theory of evolution is true, as you say, then logically speaking, you MUST account for a total beginning. Seeing that evolution claims to be a "growing process." Pay attention to the words I am using. Remember, if it is a growing process, then at one point that thing or object was at a lesser state. You cannot say that suddenly it stops at your little cell. Here's my question which you are and have been avoiding. If the single celled organism had a process of evolving, betterment, what ever word you want to use, then what was the cell before it was the cell?

If life evolved from a single celled organism, then you believe that consciousness came from non consciousness, and intelligence from non intelligence. That is a faith claim and its religious in the eyes of some, otherwise engage with me, and prove it. Answer me!

Your op isn't talking about Atheism; that's the point. You don't understand what atheism is.

You're being intellectually dishonest. I didn't say they were religious atheists; I said atheism is not a religion.

No, that's you being dishonest by purposefully misrepresenting what I said. I said, and I quote: "evolution is not a religion. Nor is atheism." That =/= atheists cannot be religious.

I'm not your dear; and yes. Or if you would prefer: I have in fact proven that evolution is a fact. Both sentences mean the same thing; but it seems the phrase: is in fact a fact.

I challenge you to support claims. If you cannot do that then your claims are worthless. But you've obviously never done a proper academic paper if you don't understand citations.

No; I haven't. In fact, that you think me being unable to do so somehow means I lose actually proves the original point of the entire argument; you don't understand what atheism is. You've tried to conflate it with numerous issues that have absolutely nothing to do with it.
You don't understand; you want me to stop saying that then go take some academic courses and learn. I'm not going to pretend to spare your feelings. And the single-celled organism came about through a process called abiogenesis.

Debate trolls much? No; I don't, not anymore. As for what you said: "That is dishonest of of the scientific community to cut the pie into so many slices and only bring out certain slices"
Well that's exactly what you're doing with your birth. Prove to me you were born, which means prove to me the process about by which humanity was created, and life in general, and the universe, etc. Otherwise you're only using one slice, and you're being a hypocrite.

No, evolution does not say that. Evolution says nothing about improvement or better.
No, at no point was it lesser; evolution doesn't say one organism is better or worse than another. That's you not understanding science again.
No, I don't have to account for a total beginning for evolution to be true; because evolution has nothing to do with it. Evolution would be equally true whether the organism came about through abiogenesis or whether a rift in time caused the organism to go back in time from the future thus creating the very future it came from in a paradox where the beginning of life came about of the result of future life that it created. Either way; it doesn't matter because the facts remain.
And no, evolution doesn't claim to be a growing process and it doesn't refer to lesser states. Again, you don't understand science.
As for before the single-celled organism; it was chemicals and molecules. But it doesn't actually matter because it has no impact on evolution.

It's neither a faith claim nor religious. Your intelligence and consciousness came from non-consciousness when you came from a non-conscious sperm and egg. I have nothing to prove nor do I require any faith to believe consciousness can come from non-consciousness because that's precisely what occurs in early development. In fact we don't consider babies to have consciousness until about 5 months. So they naturally develop consciousness from non-consciousness.
And again, that has nothing to do with atheism. Which means you have proven my initial point quite completely with your constant attempts to go off track, conflate issues, and ignore the subject: "Actually I'd say it's just that most of us are tired of explaining atheism to people who don't want to understand it.

Calling it a religion for instance."
You don't understand atheism and you don't want to. You just want to pretend and to make yourself feel smart while holding on to whatever core beliefs you have. Which means demanding the issue follow your line of thought and agree with everything you say even when you don't understand what you're talking about.
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn

For example.

Examples of RELIGION

If life evolved from a single celled organism, then you believe that consciousness came from non consciousness, and intelligence from non intelligence. That is a faith claim and its religious in the eyes of some, otherwise engage with me, and prove it. Answer me!

Your op isn't talking about Atheism; that's the point. You don't understand what atheism is.

You're being intellectually dishonest. I didn't say they were religious atheists; I said atheism is not a religion.

No, that's you being dishonest by purposefully misrepresenting what I said. I said, and I quote: "evolution is not a religion. Nor is atheism." That =/= atheists cannot be religious.

I'm not your dear; and yes. Or if you would prefer: I have in fact proven that evolution is a fact. Both sentences mean the same thing; but it seems the phrase: is in fact a fact.

I challenge you to support claims. If you cannot do that then your claims are worthless. But you've obviously never done a proper academic paper if you don't understand citations.

No; I haven't. In fact, that you think me being unable to do so somehow means I lose actually proves the original point of the entire argument; you don't understand what atheism is. You've tried to conflate it with numerous issues that have absolutely nothing to do with it.
You don't understand; you want me to stop saying that then go take some academic courses and learn. I'm not going to pretend to spare your feelings. And the single-celled organism came about through a process called abiogenesis.

Debate trolls much? No; I don't, not anymore. As for what you said: "That is dishonest of of the scientific community to cut the pie into so many slices and only bring out certain slices"
Well that's exactly what you're doing with your birth. Prove to me you were born, which means prove to me the process about by which humanity was created, and life in general, and the universe, etc. Otherwise you're only using one slice, and you're being a hypocrite.

No, evolution does not say that. Evolution says nothing about improvement or better.
No, at no point was it lesser; evolution doesn't say one organism is better or worse than another. That's you not understanding science again.
No, I don't have to account for a total beginning for evolution to be true; because evolution has nothing to do with it. Evolution would be equally true whether the organism came about through abiogenesis or whether a rift in time caused the organism to go back in time from the future thus creating the very future it came from in a paradox where the beginning of life came about of the result of future life that it created. Either way; it doesn't matter because the facts remain.
And no, evolution doesn't claim to be a growing process and it doesn't refer to lesser states. Again, you don't understand science.
As for before the single-celled organism; it was chemicals and molecules. But it doesn't actually matter because it has no impact on evolution.

It's neither a faith claim nor religious. Your intelligence and consciousness came from non-consciousness when you came from a non-conscious sperm and egg. I have nothing to prove nor do I require any faith to believe consciousness can come from non-consciousness because that's precisely what occurs in early development. In fact we don't consider babies to have consciousness until about 5 months. So they naturally develop consciousness from non-consciousness.
And again, that has nothing to do with atheism. Which means you have proven my initial point quite completely with your constant attempts to go off track, conflate issues, and ignore the subject: "Actually I'd say it's just that most of us are tired of explaining atheism to people who don't want to understand it.

You don't understand atheism and you don't want to. You just want to pretend and to make yourself feel smart while holding on to whatever core beliefs you have. Which means demanding the issue follow your line of thought and agree with everything you say even when you don't understand what you're talking about.

When you admit that my OP is not talking about atheism, you are right, and this is not a new consent, this is you finally realizing that I am not actually arguing atheism.. It's weird that you just got that.
__

When you said: "You're being intellectually dishonest. I didn't say they were religious atheists; I said atheism is not a religion."

I never said you said that. I believe we are having a communication failure.
__

You challenge me to support my claims. I did, and you made no argument against it, you simple just said "No, not religious" You didn't present me with anything. Again, a failure to communicate. I still wait for you to show me that the definition I presented from the dictionary does not fit in the parameters given. In which case I have a feeling you don't know what those parameters are even though Ive explained them.
__
You keep saying I have no idea what atheism is, which has no effect on my argument. Whether I know or do not know is not part of my argument. You've missed it, but keep going backwards.
__

I don't have to take academic courses to understand that there is faith in something, or if people see something religiously or not, and that is my entire argument. Why anyone must take any course at all on anything to understand when they see faith claims, or people acting religiously beyond me. If anyone needs that, they probably are going to miss it anyway... : /
__

When you accuse me of hypocrisy when I told you that its dishonest of the scientific community to cut the pie into so many slices and only bring out certain slices, and tell me "Well that's exactly what you're doing with your birth. Prove to me you were born, which means prove to me the process about by which humanity was created, and life in general, and the universe, etc. Otherwise you're only using one slice, and you're being a hypocrite."

Is a bit incorrect. You seem to miss the point that it doesn't matter if that person has faith. let me remind you of my argument which you clearly do not know. My argument is stated as it being illogical for atheists to make faith claims as absolute truths. Now if I make an absolute, who are you to tell me I am being a hypocrite? do you know if I have faith or not? You would not be able to tell otherwise. Of course, there is another part to my presentation.
__

when you say things like this: "No, evolution does not say that. Evolution says nothing about improvement or better.
No, at no point was it lesser; evolution doesn't say one organism is better or worse than another. That's you not understanding science again."

Its kinda difficult to continue since you are picking on words. If you want to educate me on the proper way that process is called, go for it, but its not necessary at all for arguments sake. They are just words, and I was being general with them as well, I did let you know that when I said "Or what ever you call it" something to that effect. You are picking on my word usage instead of my argument and saying. Now if my words are unclear, I can understand that, but let me clarify. I was speaking of a concept, that is why I used many synonyms because I wasn't sure of the word usage, but I was tying to get a crossed a certain concept.
__

You said: "No, I don't have to account for a total beginning for evolution to be true"

I didn't really say you had too. It is a form of argument, asking questions. One question doesn't disprove something, and it doesn't prove something either. I was asking you questions to get answers, to ask more questions for a bigger point. Unfortunately we are having a massive failure to communicate. My questions were meant to elicit one to admit that not everything is certain. But you are very defensive and I was unable to really argue with you since there also was a massive miscommunication.
__

You said: "Your intelligence and consciousness came from non-consciousness when you came from a non-conscious sperm and egg."

But that didn't make itself. My mother and father had to first make a conscious decision to pro create. Similar to the idea of when atheists say "What will religious folk say when scientists can create life in the lab?" Well, that it first took intelligence, an outside source, that it ultimately didn't just come from nothing JUST BECAUSE. But that is another conversation, inst it? if I were arguing for a god of some sort I might go there.
__

My entire point is this. In which case you have not really addressed. That there are faith claims made in evolution and the big bang, and that there are religious atheists. Which has nothing to do with understanding what an atheists is... : / And I am not saying that the definition of atheism is religious..
__

You made up some garble about me wanting to sound smart while holding onto some core beliefs I have.
unfortunately for that silly absurd claim of yours, i am not arguing for a religion, for morals, for a god, or for faith. I am arguing for Logic only. And that logic says, it is illogical for atheists to absolutely deny a god without admitting faith in that claim, and vice versa if anyone wants to say there is a goddess somewhere that exists, it takes faith to make that absolute claim.

as far as the religious people I am referring to, it is people like you actually, who have what the dictionary refers to as religion: "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"

Examples of RELIGION

Food is religion in this house.
__

You can deny this if you want, but it doesn't somehow remove how you have been reacting in ardor and faith with your theories, which you and no one on this planet can prove that your claims are absolute, especially not about the finer details we were discussing.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn

For example.

Examples of RELIGION

When you admit that my OP is not talking about atheism, you are right, and this is not a new consent, this is you finally realizing that I am not actually arguing atheism.. It's weird that you just got that.
__

When you said: "You're being intellectually dishonest. I didn't say they were religious atheists; I said atheism is not a religion."

__

You challenge me to support my claims. I did, and you made no argument against it, you simple just said "No, not religious" You didn't present me with anything. Again, a failure to communicate. I still wait for you to show me that the definition I presented from the dictionary does not fit in the parameters given. In which case I have a feeling you don't know what those parameters are even though Ive explained them.
__
You keep saying I have no idea what atheism is, which has no effect on my argument. Whether I know or do not know is not part of my argument. You've missed it, but keep going backwards.
__

I don't have to take academic courses to understand that there is faith in something, or if people see something religiously or not, and that is my entire argument. Why anyone must take any course at all on anything to understand when they see faith claims, or people acting religiously beyond me. If anyone needs that, they probably are going to miss it anyway... : /
__

When you accuse me of hypocrisy when I told you that its dishonest of the scientific community to cut the pie into so many slices and only bring out certain slices, and tell me "Well that's exactly what you're doing with your birth. Prove to me you were born, which means prove to me the process about by which humanity was created, and life in general, and the universe, etc. Otherwise you're only using one slice, and you're being a hypocrite."

Is a bit incorrect. You seem to miss the point that it doesn't matter if that person has faith. let me remind you of my argument which you clearly do not know. My argument is stated as it being illogical for atheists to make faith claims as absolute truths. Now if I make an absolute, who are you to tell me I am being a hypocrite? do you know if I have faith or not? You would not be able to tell otherwise. Of course, there is another part to my presentation.
__

when you say things like this: "No, evolution does not say that. Evolution says nothing about improvement or better.
No, at no point was it lesser; evolution doesn't say one organism is better or worse than another. That's you not understanding science again."

Its kinda difficult to continue since you are picking on words. If you want to educate me on the proper way that process is called, go for it, but its not necessary at all for arguments sake. They are just words, and I was being general with them as well, I did let you know that when I said "Or what ever you call it" something to that effect. You are picking on my word usage instead of my argument and saying. Now if my words are unclear, I can understand that, but let me clarify. I was speaking of a concept, that is why I used many synonyms because I wasn't sure of the word usage, but I was tying to get a crossed a certain concept.
__

You said: "No, I don't have to account for a total beginning for evolution to be true"

I didn't really say you had too. It is a form of argument, asking questions. One question doesn't disprove something, and it doesn't prove something either. I was asking you questions to get answers, to ask more questions for a bigger point. Unfortunately we are having a massive failure to communicate. My questions were meant to elicit one to admit that not everything is certain. But you are very defensive and I was unable to really argue with you since there also was a massive miscommunication.
__

You said: "Your intelligence and consciousness came from non-consciousness when you came from a non-conscious sperm and egg."

But that didn't make itself. My mother and father had to first make a conscious decision to pro create. Similar to the idea of when atheists say "What will religious folk say when scientists can create life in the lab?" Well, that it first took intelligence, an outside source, that it ultimately didn't just come from nothing JUST BECAUSE. But that is another conversation, inst it? if I were arguing for a god of some sort I might go there.
__

My entire point is this. In which case you have not really addressed. That there are faith claims made in evolution and the big bang, and that there are religion atheists. Which has nothing to do with understanding what an atheists is... : /
__

You made up some garble about me wanting to sound smart while holding onto some core beliefs I have.
unfortunately for that silly absurd claim of yours, i am not arguing for a religion, for morals, for a god, or for faith. I am arguing for Logic only. And that logic says, it is illogical for atheists to absolutely deny a god without admitting faith in that claim, and vice versa if anyone wants to say there is a goddess somewhere that exists, it takes faith to make that absolute claim.

as far as the religious people I am referring to, it is people like you actually, who have what the dictionary refers to as religion: "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"

Examples of RELIGION

__

You can deny this if you want, but it doesn't somehow remove how you have been reacting in ardor and faith with your theories, which you and no one on this planet can prove that your claims are absolute, especially not about the finer details we were discussing.
It seems you still don't. You try to talk about atheism in your OP, the point is you don't understand what it is. From your OP: "Ive made threads in the past and the atheists rage, and keep spawning tadpoles, but when I make a thread challenging and exposing your religion"
You're referring to atheism as a religion, it isn't; that's the point.

This is what you said: "It is impossible that there are atheists that have faith in something? that is what I mean by you being intellectually dishonest, because it would be wrong to say that there is no such thing as that". As I pointed out I didn't say that, I said atheism isn't a religion.

Your definition doesn't say atheism is a religion; and atheism isn't a :"a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith". It's none of those; it's simply the lack of belief in a God or gods (which I already pointed out) so it doesn't fit a single parameter in the definition. So there's nothing to argue against. All you did was post a definition with no context to it; useless.

You need to take academic courses to understand what a citation is and to understand what atheism is.

No; that wasn't your argument. Nowhere in your op nor in our conversation have you claimed that, you can go check. And a I've pointed out atheism isn't an absolute truth. Theism deals with belief, gnosticism is what deal with knowledge. But again; that hasn't been apart of our conversation which I started which was about you not knowing what atheism is.
Atheism doesn't make claims at all.
It's easy for me to tell you you're being a hypocrite; the exact same parameters apply but you refuse to follow them.

It's only difficult to continue for you because you chose those words specifically. You wanted to craft an argument based on false language which stems from a lack of understanding. I'm not going to pretend like evolution is something it isn't just so you can make an argument based on false assumptions.

No, I know exactly what you were doing. The problem is I'm not going to let you define the parameters just so you can craft a neat little box. You said: " If the theory of evolution is true, as you say, then logically speaking, you MUST account for a total beginning."
That's untrue; I don't have to account for a total beginning for evolution to be true. And claiming it was just a question (that's not a question) to make me admit not everything is certain is untrue and useless.

No they didn't. Your father could have been high out of his mind and raped your mother for all I know. It doesn't take a conscious decision. It helps, but it can be done with out it. But either way it doesn't matter because neither the egg, nor the sperm, nor the fetus have consciousness. Consciousness comes after birth. So whether the sex was a conscious decision or drug educed doesn't matter.
You might, you'd have to go there with someone else though. I've already established that consciousness arises from non-consciousness between birth and about 5 months old.

You haven't given any examples of a faith claim in evolution or the big bang; and I already pointed out awhile ago that there are atheists who happen to be religious. And that's not a point; and your OP addressed the atheists of Gaia; not atheists who happen to be religious who happen to make faith claims.

Unfortunately for you; I didn't say what you were arguing for. You're not arguing for logic, however, as you've ignored logic; and you make logical fallacies (including deductive fallacies, moving the goalposts, red herrings, faulty generalizations).
See, right at the end of your post you make another faulty generalization. Atheists do not absolutely deny a god. Some gnostic atheists do; which is very different from "atheists".

I have none of those; so you're just plain wrong.

Prove it. Prove that I've acted with ardor and faith about theories. And yes, that means you need to prove that evolution is only a theory when since shows it as a fact (as I have demonstrated). Go ahead; I'll wait. Prove where I showed faith in something. And actual faith, not belief based on science and logic; but belief that ignores logic. Go ahead, in fact do that first; because you're lying through your teeth right now and you know it.

6,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
And of course, OP completely ignores my post. Why do I even bother? Your belief system by and large does not affect me. As an organization, however, Christianity has had profound negative impacts on the growth of humankind for centuries, and it still does today. People refuse to see homosexuality as a natural difference in an individual's sexual preference because their pastor told them to, or the conservative Christian talk shows told them to, or their family and friends tell them to, all because they subscribe to a methodological brainwashing device that is being exploited to make your ethics align with whoever controls the Church and its constituents.
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn

Examples of RELIGION

__

__

__
__

__

__

__

__

__

My entire point is this. In which case you have not really addressed. That there are faith claims made in evolution and the big bang, and that there are religion atheists. Which has nothing to do with understanding what an atheists is... : /
__

Examples of RELIGION

__

It seems you still don't. You try to talk about atheism in your OP, the point is you don't understand what it is. From your OP: "Ive made threads in the past and the atheists rage, and keep spawning tadpoles, but when I make a thread challenging and exposing your religion"

This is what you said: "It is impossible that there are atheists that have faith in something? that is what I mean by you being intellectually dishonest, because it would be wrong to say that there is no such thing as that". As I pointed out I didn't say that, I said atheism isn't a religion.

Your definition doesn't say atheism is a religion; and atheism isn't a :"a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith". It's none of those; it's simply the lack of belief in a God or gods (which I already pointed out) so it doesn't fit a single parameter in the definition. So there's nothing to argue against. All you did was post a definition with no context to it; useless.

You need to take academic courses to understand what a citation is and to understand what atheism is.

No; that wasn't your argument. Nowhere in your op nor in our conversation have you claimed that, you can go check. And a I've pointed out atheism isn't an absolute truth. Theism deals with belief, gnosticism is what deal with knowledge. But again; that hasn't been apart of our conversation which I started which was about you not knowing what atheism is.
It's easy for me to tell you you're being a hypocrite; the exact same parameters apply but you refuse to follow them.

It's only difficult to continue for you because you chose those words specifically. You wanted to craft an argument based on false language which stems from a lack of understanding. I'm not going to pretend like evolution is something it isn't just so you can make an argument based on false assumptions.

No, I know exactly what you were doing. The problem is I'm not going to let you define the parameters just so you can craft a neat little box. You said: " If the theory of evolution is true, as you say, then logically speaking, you MUST account for a total beginning."
That's untrue; I don't have to account for a total beginning for evolution to be true. And claiming it was just a question (that's not a question) to make me admit not everything is certain is untrue and useless.

No they didn't. Your father could have been high out of his mind and raped your mother for all I know. It doesn't take a conscious decision. It helps, but it can be done with out it. But either way it doesn't matter because neither the egg, nor the sperm, nor the fetus have consciousness. Consciousness comes after birth. So whether the sex was a conscious decision or drug educed doesn't matter.
You might, you'd have to go there with someone else though. I've already established that consciousness arises from non-consciousness between birth and about 5 months old.

You haven't given any examples of a faith claim in evolution or the big bang; and I already pointed out awhile ago that there are atheists who happen to be religious. And that's not a point; and your OP addressed the atheists of Gaia; not atheists who happen to be religious who happen to make faith claims.

Unfortunately for you; I didn't say what you were arguing for. You're not arguing for logic, however, as you've ignored logic; and you make logical fallacies (including deductive fallacies, moving the goalposts, red herrings, faulty generalizations).
See, right at the end of your post you make another faulty generalization. Atheists do not absolutely deny a god. Some gnostic atheists do; which is very different from "atheists".

Prove it. Prove that I've acted with ardor and faith about theories. And yes, that means you need to prove that evolution is only a theory when since shows it as a fact (as I have demonstrated). Go ahead; I'll wait. Prove where I showed faith in something. And actual faith, not belief based on science and logic; but belief that ignores logic. Go ahead, in fact do that first; because you're lying through your teeth right now and you know it.

We are having a communication failure. You don't understanding what I am saying, and keep saying I don't understand.

But heres the thing, ive gone over certain points which seems like more than 4 times in these huge block of texts replies, and its just not being understood anymore than from the beginning. I don't think lots of text is helping either..

I propose skype or team speak.

Because I feel like sometimes you are trolling, and you think I am trolling or lying, and that is unappropriated in my book. But I am very eager for us both to get a good understanding.

Otherwise, the way this is going, I am unconvinced and confused of you, and you are unconvinced and confused of me and we're not making any progress in understanding each other.

Otherwise I will just leave it as it is. Let me know.
psycheduck
And of course, OP completely ignores my post. Why do I even bother? Your belief system by and large does not affect me. As an organization, however, Christianity has had profound negative impacts on the growth of humankind for centuries, and it still does today. People refuse to see homosexuality as a natural difference in an individual's sexual preference because their pastor told them to, or the conservative Christian talk shows told them to, or their family and friends tell them to, all because they subscribe to a methodological brainwashing device that is being exploited to make your ethics align with whoever controls the Church and its constituents.

I'll be nice at at least tell you why I am ignoring your post, and why I should have ignored this one.

Its not part of my OP. I don't give a damn about religion. Its not my topic.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn

Examples of RELIGION

__

__

__
__

__

__

__

__

__

__

Examples of RELIGION

__

We are having a communication failure. You don't understanding what I am saying, and keep saying I don't understand.

But heres the thing, ive gone over certain points which seems like more than 4 times in these huge block of texts replies, and its just not being understood anymore than from the beginning. I don't think lots of text is helping either..

Because I feel like sometimes you are trolling, and you think I am trolling or lying, and that is unappropriated in my book. But I am very eager for us both to get a good understanding.

Otherwise, the way this is going, I am unconvinced and confused of you, and you are unconvinced and confused of me and we're not making any progress in understanding each other.

You just accused me: "you have been reacting in ardor and faith with your theories"
Prove it. That's a big claim that breaks down all communication; so before anything else you need to prove that.
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn
anonymous attributes
Ryo Tarn

__

__

__
__

__

__

__

__

__

__

Examples of RELIGION

__

You just accused me: "you have been reacting in ardor and faith with your theories"
Prove it. That's a big claim that breaks down all communication; so before anything else you need to prove that.

That is basically a lot of what ive been arguing, but you always come back with a response that sounds like you're talking to someone else about something else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff