• Peoplewatcher 100
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat
Gothic Romantic
Dion Necurat
One simple question.

What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9?

I'm pretty certain it would be 54.

Interesting...you lack the knowledge behind what I asked.
A number lol, a solution, a product.

Or the Ultimate Question to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

The Ultimate Answer, of which, is 42.
shoulda asked for 6x7

...Douglas Adams? Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? No one?

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat

shoulda asked for 6x7

That movie was annoying. I thought cars were the main species on the planet! *stops watching*

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat

shoulda asked for 6x7

That movie was annoying. I thought cars were the main species on the planet! *stops watching*

Indeed. The movie was awful. The book series, on the other hand? Fantastic.
Hmmm this is interesting... I'll have to give you a little test. How did you acquire wisdom and what is it that makes people wise?

Shadowy Rogue

2,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
What is the answer to Schrodinger's Question?

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Willow_T
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat

shoulda asked for 6x7

Yeah, people give too much credit to a book that says that the answer to everything is 42. wow, very sophisticated indeed.

You...ARE aware that a book series is different from a book...right? I mean, come on, no one can be THAT uncultured...

Informer

I'll bite. I do enjoy questions when they decide to pop into my mind.

So.

Mental toughness. How would you define it? How would one acquire mental toughness, or is it something you're just born with? Do you think mental toughness is a must-have for someone who wants to have a most-likely stressful job when they're older?

If you wanted to change the world, how would you go about it? Little steps? Big steps? Somewhere in between? Is it even possible for one person, such as myself, to make a change in the world for the better?

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Willow_T
Dion Necurat
Willow_T
Dion Necurat
We Are Organisms
Dion Necurat

Yeah, people give too much credit to a book that says that the answer to everything is 42. wow, very sophisticated indeed.

You...ARE aware that a book series is different from a book...right? I mean, come on, no one can be THAT uncultured...

And how it's related to what I said? I read the books about 8 years ago so I don't remember it well, I do remember it was fun to read but I never thought it's a genius and sophisticated book. I personally prefer Harry Potter

Well, you called it a book, when really its a series of books, as you corrected.

In any case, it is relatively witty and a fun sci-fi read, vastly different from other titles in the genre. Its what makes it stand out from other sci-fi novels (like Foundations).

Distinct Genius

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Munashii the Unseen
I'll bite. I do enjoy questions when they decide to pop into my mind.

So.

Mental toughness. How would you define it? How would one acquire mental toughness, or is it something you're just born with? Do you think mental toughness is a must-have for someone who wants to have a most-likely stressful job when they're older?

If you wanted to change the world, how would you go about it? Little steps? Big steps? Somewhere in between? Is it even possible for one person, such as myself, to make a change in the world for the better?

Oh! I can answer those!
Mental toughness is caused just like physical toughness. That is by being exposed to hardship and having to struggle thus becoming stronger. It could be helpful for a stressful job yes... but the most mentally tough people are unlikely to do well in a stressful job because they are the people who have been mentally struggling their entire life and thus might not be able to handle all that extra stress. I'm talking of course about people with serious mental disabilities (not insanity), Ones who are intelligent though. Throw a few traumatic events into their life and you've got some of the most mentally strong people there are. If you're talking about how a normal person becomes mentally strong a big part of it comes down to willpower. If someone has a good deal of willpower then they will naturally be mentally strong. And like everything else practice, the more you practice the better you will get

Your second question is interesting because it depends on how you define change the world. Theoretically you don't have to necessarily do much at all to change the world. Simply giving a nice complement to someone could change the world if say that person was considering suicide at the time and your comment convinced them to hold on a bit longer. If that person goes on and does something amazing with their life you changed the world right there. Now if you want to change the world in the way most people think of it the first thing is to consider what you want to change. A good cause or just the way people live their lives? The second thing is to look at yourself, what are you good at? what are your talents? What are you passionate about? In order to change the world use those to make a difference. Let me take the liberty of drawing on a Jewish belief. It says that g-d puts everyone down here with a certain task in mind. Something only they can do. So start by asking yourself what is unique about you? What type of good thing can you do due to your unique nature and circumstances that no one else can. Find the answer to that and you will find how to change the world. But keep in mind that it might not be though you directly that you change the world. Your purpose could be to help enable others to change the world.

You know I might have to make one of these threads...

Informer

Tansyuduri2

Thanks for answering my questions! The mental toughness question was actually asked because I know it will help me in the long run since I plan to make being a U.S. Marine a career for me.

For the general thread: This is a fun one. What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me!

Shirtless Seeker

Why are we here and where did we come from?
why's nmtb such a good show?

Shirtless Werewolf

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
What is your view on homosexuality and religion?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games