Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Can someone tell me why a women having her period can be considered pregnant? That is, how do they figure the conception date based on the first day of her last period? I thought menstruation was the act of shedding the uterine lining so that an embryo could not implant there? If there is no implanted embryo, there is no pregnancy.

I am discounting ectopic pregnancies for fairly obvious reasons.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland
Steam Punk Adept
Phallic Wonderland

Hey, it's my opinion. I don't really like abortion to begin with, but there should be a cut-off date where at least the damn thing doesn't look like a person.
And who are you to decide what's right for someone else?

I'm someone who believes functional brain waves make something sentient enough to be born. Stupid ******** who take 6 months to make that decision have already gone through the worst of pregnancy and may as well wait the next 3 months out to give the baby up.

If these people are already of the mindset that they don't want children, they should have Plan B sitting on their nightstand when they have sex. ******** their "emotional" state, women are -always- complaining that our emotions aren't important to the general population. Maybe they should have thought about that before allowing a p***s in their v****a.
How about the "stupid ********" who take the pill and have normal periods and find out at five months they are pregnant anyway? No one should be forced to bear a child, ever.

Are you talking about the obese who get pregnant and still have those issues? I'm PWs mule, the main account is having some problems with invisible captcha boxes.

Besides, the 20 week mark is about 5 months, so nyah. I would assume they would be smart enough to make arrangements for adoption. And really, they "suffered" the first 5 months, what's another 3 or 4 months? Why it is such a problem? As I said to the person who told me that consent is ALWAYS able to be taken back, why aren't more people performing after-birth abortions on children who are still legally a parasite AND three times as traumatizing because they can actually annoy you rather than just sitting in your tummy?
Some people simply do not want to reproduce at all, for whatever reason. Such people do NOT want their DNA to continue on in any form.
Ratttking
Can someone tell me why a women having her period can be considered pregnant? That is, how do they figure the conception date based on the first day of her last period? I thought menstruation was the act of shedding the uterine lining so that an embryo could not implant there? If there is no implanted embryo, there is no pregnancy.

During menstruation, the discarding of the old lining makes way for the new egg, which is usually found by the sperm whilst traveling through the Fallopian tube, and then makes it's way to attach to the new lining.
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland
Steam Punk Adept
Phallic Wonderland

Hey, it's my opinion. I don't really like abortion to begin with, but there should be a cut-off date where at least the damn thing doesn't look like a person.

I'm someone who believes functional brain waves make something sentient enough to be born. Stupid ******** who take 6 months to make that decision have already gone through the worst of pregnancy and may as well wait the next 3 months out to give the baby up.

If these people are already of the mindset that they don't want children, they should have Plan B sitting on their nightstand when they have sex. ******** their "emotional" state, women are -always- complaining that our emotions aren't important to the general population. Maybe they should have thought about that before allowing a p***s in their v****a.
How about the "stupid ********" who take the pill and have normal periods and find out at five months they are pregnant anyway? No one should be forced to bear a child, ever.

Are you talking about the obese who get pregnant and still have those issues? I'm PWs mule, the main account is having some problems with invisible captcha boxes.

Besides, the 20 week mark is about 5 months, so nyah. I would assume they would be smart enough to make arrangements for adoption. And really, they "suffered" the first 5 months, what's another 3 or 4 months? Why it is such a problem? As I said to the person who told me that consent is ALWAYS able to be taken back, why aren't more people performing after-birth abortions on children who are still legally a parasite AND three times as traumatizing because they can actually annoy you rather than just sitting in your tummy?
Some people simply do not want to reproduce at all, for whatever reason. Such people do NOT want their DNA to continue on in any form.

Hmmm, aren't there ways to remain infertile? Liiiike, consensual sterilization?

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Scientology Kills People
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland

I've had a vasectomy. 5 years after I had it done, my ex fiance got pregnant. She chose to abort. Funny thing is, she still had an IUD. The fact is, there is only two forms of sterilization that is 100% effective, and those are Castration for men, and a complete hysterectomy for women. The thing is, neither of those is elective.
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland

I've had a vasectomy. 5 years after I had it done, my ex fiance got pregnant. She chose to abort. Funny thing is, she still had an IUD. The fact is, there is only two forms of sterilization that is 100% effective, and those are Castration for men, and a complete hysterectomy for women. The thing is, neither of those is elective.

Well then they should be... If we can choose to destroy a developing life-form, we should equally be able to choose to castrate our DNA lineage.

Aren't you supposed to have the vasectomy checked ever year or so? o.o I know nothing of the process...

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Scientology Kills People
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People

Well then they should be... If we can choose to destroy a developing life-form, we should equally be able to choose to castrate our DNA lineage.

Aren't you supposed to have the vasectomy checked ever year or so? o.o I know nothing of the process...
I have mine checked every 6 months. I'm that paranoid about it.
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People
Steam Punk Adept
Scientology Kills People

I have mine checked every 6 months. I'm that paranoid about it.

I would be too, if I were in a polygamous relationship... Yeah, I lurk.

When did she abort?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland
Steam Punk Adept
Phallic Wonderland

My friend was overweight, but that still does not explain her lack of pregnancy symptoms and her continued menstruation. She was luckily able to abort in our state.

As I understand it, the worst part of pregnancy happens in the third trimester. I see you think nothing of giving birth, because it's not like it's a hugely painful act that can take days and that literally rips apart your flesh...oh, wait.

I do not oppose infanticide any more than I oppose euthanizing pet animals, which is not to say that I fully support it. I generally think euthanasia should be the last option for any healthy but unwanted creature.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking

During menstruation, the discarding of the old lining makes way for the new egg, which is usually found by the sperm whilst traveling through the Fallopian tube, and then makes it's way to attach to the new lining.
Yet it is not yet there, and may not even have been formed by the first day of menses. It is a very poor system of determination, but its use explains why so few women seem to deliver anywhere near their due dates.
Ratttking
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland
Steam Punk Adept
Phallic Wonderland

My friend was overweight, but that still does not explain her lack of pregnancy symptoms and her continued menstruation. She was luckily able to abort in our state.

As I understand it, the worst part of pregnancy happens in the third trimester. I see you think nothing of giving birth, because it's not like it's a hugely painful act that can take days and that literally rips apart your flesh...oh, wait.

I do not oppose infanticide any more than I oppose euthanizing pet animals, which is not to say that I fully support it. I generally think euthanasia should be the last option for any healthy but unwanted creature.

Overweight women have hormone imbalances, and it's really a case-by-case basis for the rest of it. Myself being at nearly the end of the 1st trimester, I have not experienced anything but mild nausea and heart burn, and my little baby doesn't like it when I sneeze hard. No real emotional slides, either, which has been said to disappear in the 2nd trimester and re-emerge in the 3rd.

Birth can be handled with epidurals or C-section, which is currently being used more often because there are better ways to prevent that awful gash/scar afterwards and won't rip your v****a apart. I have a friend on FB who's birth process only took 20 minutes NATURALLY, so it DOES vary.

I think people hear the worst of child birth and think it'll happen to them. Sure, it might, but it also might not.
Ratttking
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking

Yet it is not yet there, and may not even have been formed by the first day of menses. It is a very poor system of determination, but its use explains why so few women seem to deliver anywhere near their due dates.

But if they know the process, they can count from that date of the first day to the point where the egg emerges. Babys can vary, like everything else. Hell, I was 3 weeks late, my brother was 3 weeks premature. Weird how nature has variables. dramallama
Ratttking

That isn't what it is saying. It is saying the gestational age for a woman who is pregnant begins on the first day of her last period. It does not mean she is pregnant on that day, it is saying if a woman is pregnant then start the count at the first day of her last period since we don't know the exact date of conception That date is basically the low end of the error bars for the actual date of conception. gonk The bill is just saying that the ages given for a fetus in the bill are written with respect to gestational age, which is a medical estimate used by obstetricians. The law makers did not make this up, it is a common marker used by doctors.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Scientology Kills People
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland

Overweight women have hormone imbalances, and it's really a case-by-case basis for the rest of it. Myself being at nearly the end of the 1st trimester, I have not experienced anything but mild nausea and heart burn, and my little baby doesn't like it when I sneeze hard. No real emotional slides, either, which has been said to disappear in the 2nd trimester and re-emerge in the 3rd.

Birth can be handled with epidurals or C-section, which is currently being used more often because there are better ways to prevent that awful gash/scar afterwards and won't rip your v****a apart. I have a friend on FB who's birth process only took 20 minutes NATURALLY, so it DOES vary.

I think people hear the worst of child birth and think it'll happen to them. Sure, it might, but it also might not.
I said flesh, meaning not just the v****a. Do you really think there is no pain associated with a C-section? Funny, I had a cystectomy that left a 12" scar, and that wound hurt for months. I wasn't cut as deeply as would be needed for a Caesarian, either. Epidurals wear off, and well before the pain of the episiotomy abates if the birth was done vaginally.

Another possible complication of childbirth is death of the woman. US rates of maternal deaths are up to their highest in decades, partly because of increased use a C-sections, partly because of maternal obesity. x

Are you now saying that all overweight women have hormone imbalances? They do not. I'm not sure what point you are aiming at. If she were thin and did not know she was pregnant, would that make a difference? Not to someone as narrow-minded as you, fat or thin, them whores need to pay for what they done! rolleyes
I don't understand why they would do health tests for the baby when they're getting an abortion???? I mean... They're killing it. So why test it's health?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff