Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do they of parents

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 14, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Shy Tycoon

Parents are always a nice thing when you're young.
Who else looks out for you, feeds you everyday, provides you with clothing, internet, and transportation?
Yeah, we've all got annoying parents, but really people, grow up. They've spent so much time taking care of you, it's quite rude to just brush that all off.
Falconee_Nyxis
Yeah, we've all got annoying parents, but really people, grow up. They've spent so much time taking care of you, it's quite rude to just brush that all off.

I saith:
"Sure, it is easy to be filial if you have kind, caring parents.
But the true test of a parent and child's love comes when a parent is harsh and cruel."
~ quote from the Student's Education Behavioural Book

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

14,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
wow, everyone has real good points. This thread is turning out not how I expected it too. Even the poll is doing better then I thought. Thank you everyone for your reasoned points

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Death-by-Regan
Railuge
You do! Sorry, had to answer my own questin.

Hi, before we get into this, let me introduce myself, I', 22 years old and have a child of my own (yes I know, its' a bit early) I grew up with both of my parents.

So, why am I here? I would like to talk about parents with people. Why are they here? Why do they do the things they do? With growing up with them and now becomeing a parent myself, I have understood some of the things that they did. Here you can ask questins about perents, add your own wisdom, or just plainly chat about them. Or bump xd ...Bumping is always fun
we need our parents...i dont think i will ever have a child (sexual preferance reasons) but if by chance i ever did it would be awsome! but ANYWAYS without our parents we wouldnt know how to do alot of things...like love

i heart your signature
A child's love for a parent is wonderful ... unless the parent is abusive. A child shouldn't cling to an abusive parent. It'll never work out.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

14,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Wow, everyone here has such a good look on parents, anyone have any questins that someone can answer?
Kayura_Sanada
A child's love for a parent is wonderful ... unless the parent is abusive. A child shouldn't cling to an abusive parent. It'll never work out.

I saith:
True. There IS a limit as to how harsh a parent can be with discipline.
I suppose the word I'm looking for is STRICT, not MEAN or CRUEL...
Mireiko-sama just got brownie points in my book.

I have a question: when is it okay to hit a child, and how far should you take it? I'm really serious on this. I don't want to repeat the mistakes in my family.

Shy Tycoon

Mireiko-sama
Falconee_Nyxis

I saith:
"Sure, it is easy to be filial if you have kind, caring parents.
But the true test of a parent and child's love comes when a parent is harsh and cruel."
~ quote from the Student's Education Behavioural Book

Ack. I KNEW someone would do that.
1. It's not a very common thing. Truely abusive parents aren't in the majority.
2. Even if they are, they're STILL your parents. They still have given you something very important, the gift of life.
I think although during the teen years, when your parents wiill start to piss you off, it's still important to give them credit for what they've done for you. They cook, clean and care for you (not to mention driving you everywhere.) In most cases they're highly influential to their kids whether the kids know it or not. Um, end rant.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

14,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Kayura_Sanada

I have a question: when is it okay to hit a child, and how far should you take it? I'm really serious on this. I don't want to repeat the mistakes in my family.

As a parent, I know there are times when my kid is realy annoiying. Within dicipline you have to remember, never use the fist. A smacked bottom or mouth can deliver the message as easily but with less damage to the body and mind. Also the hand works to, but keep it minimal. I had to slap my kids mouth once cuase he was fussing about not going to mcdonalds in the car, we warned him and he did get the message. It hurt me to do it, but he no longers throws a tantrum about that anymore
Has anyone read "A Boy called It"
Thats like a killer bio of this little boy who was abused by his mother. It's really sad.
Kayura_Sanada

I saith:
*bows* It should be the book that gets points, not me. xd
Hmm... I think it is okay to hit a child if
(1) You have a GOOD reason for doing so (i.e. not just because they spilled water on the carpet. No petty reasons)
(2) You can never hit a child too much that it causes wounds, whether mental or physical
Hitting children is wrong. Completely wrong. There is no 'ok' way of hitting a child. THEY ARE A ******** KID. THEY CAN'T HANDLE THAT s**t. It's just twisted to hit a child. I don't care if it's done something wrong, you shouldn't attack anyone or anything that can't defend itself (except innanimate objects. And plants).
Kalista Fick
Hitting children is wrong. Completely wrong. There is no 'ok' way of hitting a child. THEY ARE A ******** KID. THEY CAN'T HANDLE THAT s**t. It's just twisted to hit a child. I don't care if it's done something wrong, you shouldn't attack anyone or anything that can't defend itself (except innanimate objects. And plants).

I saith:
Then in what way do you think it is appropriate to discipline a child?
(1) Scolding them - some children don't listen
(2) Grounding them - you're just proving what a stupid materialistic world we're living in
(3) Hitting them - makes them respect you AND gives them experience

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces