Welcome to Gaia! ::

...Canadian and loving it. Eleventh, no, TWELVETH generation Canadian too. First Canadian ancestor came over in the 1600's. I'm quite proud of my French ancestory too.

I heard that over three quarters of British teenagers and younger don't know more than one verse of "God Save the Queen."
Two words: AZN PRYDE1
Treacherous Desire
...Canadian and loving it. Eleventh, no, TWELVETH generation Canadian too. First Canadian ancestor came over in the 1600's. I'm quite proud of my French ancestory too.

I heard that over three quarters of British teenagers and younger don't know more than one verse of "God Save the Queen."

So ... what .... ?
Rilian
Paul Diggles
Rilian
I'm not proud about being from where I'm from. That's silly. I'm not even proud of USA; it's a crappy country, full* of idiots.
*I know not everyone in USA is an idiot. But, idiots, you know who you are!!!!

Borders, North and South.

Paul I

What does that mean?

It means that you deserve to be smacked with a live Mahi-Mahi until you understand basic societal conditions. And if you don't I'll just put a cap in yo a** bizatch.
DonAbbatecola
Rilian
Paul Diggles
Rilian
I'm not proud about being from where I'm from. That's silly. I'm not even proud of USA; it's a crappy country, full* of idiots.

Paul I

What does that mean?

It means that you deserve to be smacked with a live Mahi-Mahi until you understand basic societal conditions. And if you don't I'll just put a cap in yo a** bizatch.

"understand basic societal conditions"? Tell me what you think I should know.
Hey hey hey! this no place to start an argument,people are simply asking are you proud to be (insert your nationality here)
GrimmBoshi
I'm not proud to be an American, but I am thankful. Although I am very proud of my German heritage.

Same, except for change German to French. Even though I'm actually just a European mutt who's more Welsh than anything else.

I don't think pride is right, because no group of people is better than any others. But a country may be better off than others in either political or economical conditions. So I'm not proud to be an American, but I'm thankful I live in America.
I suppose I am proud to be Canadian.
Tristitia
GrimmBoshi
I'm not proud to be an American, but I am thankful. Although I am very proud of my German heritage.

Same, except for change German to French. Even though I'm actually just a European mutt who's more Welsh than anything else.

I don't think pride is right, because no group of people is better than any others. But a country may be better off than others in either political or economical conditions. So I'm not proud to be an American, but I'm thankful I live in America.

being proud doesn't have anything to do with being better than any other countries. It's simply being happy for who you are and wher eyou come from.
Paul Diggles
Exofenius
Paul Diggles
Exofenius

Hence why I distinguished between citizenship and nationality. People whose ancestors are all Algerian Arabs but who live in the Netherlands are Dutch by citizenship and Algerian by nationality. People whose ancestors are mostly of English descent but who live in the US are English by nationality and American by citizenship.

So, by this standard, I would be entitled to British Citizenship, yes? It would make sense, that since I am actually British, I should be able to 'Return Home'.

Paul I

No. I distinguished between nationality and citizenship. Am I speaking Greek here?

Apparently so. Since my Nationality does not match my Citizenship, should I not be entitled to be welcomed back to the Land of my Ancestors?

Paul I

From my perspective? Anyone of English descent should be allowed into England, and restrictions should be placed upon people of non-English descent.
From an impartial perspective, what the ******** are you talking about?
Rilian
DonAbbatecola
Rilian
Paul Diggles
Rilian

Paul I

What does that mean?

"understand basic societal conditions"? Tell me what you think I should know.

Go google search the Mason-Dixon Line or North-South bigotry in America. Or just read up on the Civil War and think about how that might still hold some influence on current America.
I'm not under any circumstance proud to be American. I think that my government is, at the moment, doing a lousy job and that their decision to go to Iraq is a sorry one. I'm Anti-flag and anti-goverment. Oddly, I am proud to be from California because many of the people here have held strong in their opposition to what is going on. I'm not not patriotic.

And I'm proud to be able to draw my roots from Switzerland.
Raitaro
Tristitia

being proud doesn't have anything to do with being better than any other countries. It's simply being happy for who you are and wher eyou come from.

I think that fits gratitude better.

Pride is usually used when someone is accomplished in a talent, or is bettering themselves in it--it just doesn't sound right to me as being proud of your nationality. It wouldn't make a difference to me if I had been complete Welsh instead of mixed, or if I'd been something completely different.
Exofenius
Paul Diggles
Exofenius
Paul Diggles
Exofenius

Hence why I distinguished between citizenship and nationality. People whose ancestors are all Algerian Arabs but who live in the Netherlands are Dutch by citizenship and Algerian by nationality. People whose ancestors are mostly of English descent but who live in the US are English by nationality and American by citizenship.

So, by this standard, I would be entitled to British Citizenship, yes? It would make sense, that since I am actually British, I should be able to 'Return Home'.

Paul I

No. I distinguished between nationality and citizenship. Am I speaking Greek here?

Apparently so. Since my Nationality does not match my Citizenship, should I not be entitled to be welcomed back to the Land of my Ancestors?

Paul I

From my perspective? Anyone of English descent should be allowed into England, and restrictions should be placed upon people of non-English descent.
From an impartial perspective, what the ******** are you talking about?

If it belongs to anyone at all:
The whole planet belongs to all of us. All the species, not just humans. But humans are all we have to worry about, so it's enough to say that the whole world belongs equally to all humans.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff