Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Yes, it's good to ask questions (before all the whiners get a hold of this post), I just was wondering about that.

Right now, it seems like we're in the middle of some huge whirlwind of questioning EVERYTHING, no matter how important or insignificant. But in the process, it looks like no real progress is made because everyone is too busy asking questions and arguing with each other to make any real significant change or contribution to the world. And yet, if they could just S.U.M.S.H. (Shut Up, Make s**t Happen), then...well.....y'know.....s**t could actually happen.

Your thoughts?

Wheezing Genius

5,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
I know this sounds pedantic, but that entirely depends on who you mean by we...

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Asking the right questions is good. People who ask dumb questions are wasting time. cheese_whine
I think I know what you mean. The thing is, this is no different than it was years ago, decades ago, or even centuries ago, in different places and about different things, ranging from the meaning of free will to the ability to practice a religion other than the country's decided religion. The point is, looking back over history, it's easy to imagine that progress was being made left and right, but to the people living through those times, they felt the same way: that people were arguing and no good or evil was coming out of it because everyone was beating their heads against the wall.

Things will change, but it takes time, just like it did then. Sometimes, it takes more than one lifetime for a change.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific to your situation, but it was a fairly generalized statement.

Greedy Consumer

I agree. Forgoing productivity in a personal search for answers is a little redundant.
Sometimes I feel like E.D. even has too many questions rather than working with what we got for better solutions. Which involves questions too, but its a different type of question, leading to productivity or improvements. Opinion, who is right or wrong, that sort of stuff can deter other valuable things from being looked into.

Also, which means we should be fact oriented in our rationalization, as unbiased as possible. What And avoid unproductive arguements.

Such as theism trying to broach on education or science's territories or progress. They don't even deserve to be debated with, except they are the majority, so I guess I can't complain since it might make atheism more spread which may icnrease efficiency in the future. But they try and pass laws sometimes which are against education science or betterment for their sakes.

Whichever way the facts point I say. and science has mountains of facts, where as any religion only has potential facts, and not even close to the magnitude science does.

But questions are necesary to progress in any field, it is what you are asking specifically, and if you follow through asking with actions instead of just sit back like a lazy philosopher.
Adeo Lucror
I think I know what you mean. The thing is, this is no different than it was years ago, decades ago, or even centuries ago, in different places and about different things, ranging from the meaning of free will to the ability to practice a religion other than the country's decided religion. The point is, looking back over history, it's easy to imagine that progress was being made left and right, but to the people living through those times, they felt the same way: that people were arguing and no good or evil was coming out of it because everyone was beating their heads against the wall.

Things will change, but it takes time, just like it did then. Sometimes, it takes more than one lifetime for a change.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific to your situation, but it was a fairly generalized statement.

The world ends with me.
Yeah, let's make some s**t happen! I'm tired of sitting around bullshitting.
conconconcrete wall

See, that's the problem with a lot of online sites. People think signing a petition or rallying behind a shared post changes the world. Actually rallys don't change the world most of the time, let alone a few words posted in a public domain.
Adeo Lucror
conconconcrete wall

See, that's the problem with a lot of online sites. People think signing a petition or rallying behind a shared post changes the world. Actually rallys don't change the world most of the time, let alone a few words posted in a public domain.

Yeah, I know. The system really couldn't give less ******** about the will of the People.

So what we gotta do is ******** s**t up. Wreck shop. Ruin the world's cities.

Well, maybe not to that extent, but look up Counterforce and how they dealt with Google in San Fran.
is this thread serious?
toasega
Yes, it's good to ask questions (before all the whiners get a hold of this post), I just was wondering about that.

Right now, it seems like we're in the middle of some huge whirlwind of questioning EVERYTHING, no matter how important or insignificant. But in the process, it looks like no real progress is made because everyone is too busy asking questions and arguing with each other to make any real significant change or contribution to the world. And yet, if they could just S.U.M.S.H. (Shut Up, Make s**t Happen), then...well.....y'know.....s**t could actually happen.

Your thoughts?

The problem is too many trivial questions, while Our Betters have ruled that all important questions are off limits, impolite, and evil to mention.

Fanatical Zealot

Or are we not asking enough?!

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'm all for questioning everything. But I also believe that the answers are simpler than most are willing to accept.

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
toasega

Your thoughts?
Personally, I think way too many people watch too much t.v., sit on their asses way too much and have too much apathy for their fellow man.

And because of that, they do nothing but b***h, complain and talk about everything. Facebook likes is the new form of activism and it's disgusting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff